RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NCAAW Schedule on ESPN+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 10/26/18 1:30 pm    ::: NCAAW Schedule on ESPN+ Reply Reply with quote

(All times CT)

10/28/18
2:00 PM Hiwassee College vs. Tennessee Tech (W Basketball)

10/30/18
7:00 PM Minnesota-Duluth vs. North Dakota State (W Basketball)

10/31/18
6:00 PM UMass Dartmouth vs. UMass (W Basketball)

11/01/18
6:00 PM Bloomsburg vs. Buffalo (W Basketball)
6:00 PM Indianapolis vs. Dayton (W Basketball)

11/02/18
4:00 PM Alfred University vs. St. Bonaventure (W Basketball)
7:00 PM Georgetown College vs. Appalachian State (W Basketball)

11/04/18
2:00 PM Washburn vs. Kansas (W Basketball)

11/05/18
7:00 PM Illinois Wesleyan vs. SIU-Edwardsville (W Basketball)

11/06/18
3:00 PM Loyola (MD) vs. George Mason (W Basketball)
3:00 PM Grace College vs. Oakland (W Basketball)
4:00 PM Sacred Heart vs. UMass (W Basketball)
4:00 PM Old Dominion vs. Campbell (W Basketball)
4:15 PM Howard vs. La Salle (W Basketball)
4:30 PM Converse vs. Charleston Southern (W Basketball)
5:00 PM Cincinnati Christian vs. Lipscomb (W Basketball)
5:00 PM Colgate vs. Yale (W Basketball)
5:30 PM Samford vs. UT Martin (W Basketball)
6:00 PM Gettysburg vs. UMBC (W Basketball)
6:00 PM Bryant vs. UMass Lowell (W Basketball)
6:00 PM Central Connecticut vs. Brown (W Basketball)
6:00 PM Miami vs. Florida International (W Basketball)
6:00 PM Salem vs. Cleveland State (W Basketball)
6:00 PM Robert Morris vs. Youngstown State (W Basketball)
6:00 PM Cumberland vs. Tennessee Tech (W Basketball)
6:00 PM Georgetown vs. Richmond (W Basketball)
6:00 PM Louisville vs. Western Kentucky (W Basketball)
6:00 PM Purdue-Northwest vs. IUPUI (W Basketball)
6:00 PM Oakland City vs. Eastern Illinois (W Basketball)
6:00 PM Michigan-Dearborn vs. Detroit Mercy (W Basketball)
7:00 PM Northwestern vs. Green Bay (W Basketball)
7:00 PM Mayville State vs. North Dakota State (W Basketball)
8:00 PM Missouri vs. Western Illinois (W Basketball)

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/26/18 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interested to see this year's version of Louisville.
And the Northwestern-GreenBay could be interesting.

Will be fun to get the year started.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 10/26/18 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s kinda looking like games we used to get for free through streaming are going to ESPN+

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 10/29/18 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
It’s kinda looking like games we used to get for free through streaming are going to ESPN+

That's what I was thinking also and was googling information on ESPN+ tonight including the cost. The articles I saw said it replaces the previously free Watch ESPN app. The information I saw says it's $4.99 a month or $49.98 annually (saw the annual cost listed in an article but am only seeing the monthly $4.99 on the page to subscribe). I think I'm going to end up paying for an annual subscription - looks like there's going to be a ton of women's games on there to watch. And now that we've canceled our cable in place of SlingTV I don't feel so bad adding this cost on - still a lot cheaper than my digital cable had been.

Last edited by Marquette Fan on 10/29/18 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 10/29/18 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Interested to see this year's version of Louisville.
And the Northwestern-GreenBay could be interesting.

Will be fun to get the year started.

I'm going to have to try to watch the NU-UWGB game - two future Marquette opponents in that one...

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/29/18 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't look now, but mighty Kansas needed overtime to beat Fort Hays State.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 10/30/18 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Shades wrote:

That's what I was thinking also and was googling information on ESPN+ tonight including the cost. The articles I saw said it replaces the previously free Watch ESPN app. The information I saw says it's $4.99 a month or $49.98 annually (saw the annual cost listed in an article but am only seeing the monthly $4.99 on the page to subscribe). I think I'm going to end up paying for an annual subscription - looks like there's going to be a ton of women's games on there to watch. And now that we've canceled our cable in place of SlingTV I don't feel so bad adding this cost on - still a lot cheaper than my digital cable had been.

Customers of Sling and the other streaming services just recently got access to WatchESPN and ESPN3, and now that's being phased out in favor of a new paying gateway, ESPN+ ? Will ESPN+ carry everything that ESPN3 did? Trying to find the most cost-effective option is like trying to hit a moving target.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/30/18 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
Shades wrote:

Customers of Sling and the other streaming services just recently got access to WatchESPN and ESPN3, and now that's being phased out in favor of a new paying gateway, ESPN+ ? Will ESPN+ carry everything that ESPN3 did? Trying to find the most cost-effective option is like trying to hit a moving target.

No, I don’t believe so, unless things are changing as we speak. I posted EVERY game scheduled on ESPN+ through 11/06. Obviously there’d be a lot more games ESPN3/WatchESPN (still don’t know the difference between the two if there is any). ESPN+ only costs $4.99/mo, so if you could get EVERY game on WatchESPN/ESPN3 for $4.99/mo, their regular cable services would take a hit. I know from my experience that Horizon League (Green Bay) home games used to be free if you made the effort to find the streaming link. A Green Bay home game is on the ESPN+ schedule. That’s why I’m drawing the conclusion that ESPN+ is mostly if not entirely games that used to be free but ESPN bought up the broadcasting rights to make you pay now.

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 10/30/18 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We signed up for ESPN+, but ESPN3 is still available. There are some games listed on each. This is true for football, hockey, basketball, etc. There are fewer games listed on ESPN3 then there were last year, with the switch to ESPN+.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 10/30/18 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aaarrrrggggghhhhhhh. As I type this, there is a Comcast tech here on the 8th service visit for the same, unresolved problem. I am trying very hard to cut this cable but it's difficult to sort out sports options in particular.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 10/30/18 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of sports on TV, does anyone use YouTube TV? We are thinking of switching from SlingTV to that - I like that YouTube TV has the Big Ten Network, SEC Network and MLB Network which I don't currently have with SlingTV. I was just wondering what other people thought of YouTube TV.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/30/18 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Speaking of sports on TV, does anyone use YouTube TV? We are thinking of switching from SlingTV to that - I like that YouTube TV has the Big Ten Network, SEC Network and MLB Network which I don't currently have with SlingTV. I was just wondering what other people thought of YouTube TV.

You can have those channel's with a different package using Sling TV. Ive had both , and honestly sling is better. Youtube TV doesnt have all the channel's Sling would have but i do believe it is cheaper than sling as well .

PostPosted: 10/30/18 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of my friends recently got YouTube TV and she (sports nut) is pretty happy with it so far.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 10/30/18 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

You can have those channel's with a different package using Sling TV. Ive had both , and honestly sling is better. Youtube TV doesnt have all the channel's Sling would have but i do believe it is cheaper than sling as well .

I don't think Sling TV has agreements with Big Ten Network or MLB Network. I do think I can pay more to get SEC Network with Sling TV though. I told my husband to do more research and then we'll decide Smile.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 10/31/18 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can get SECN with Sling Orange and the add-on sports package for $5 more.

https://www.sling.com/#sports-carousel-jam_tab-list-item

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 10/31/18 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:

I'm using Youtube TV now and it's been great . I use it mostly through a ROKU . I tried Sling a couple of years ago and it was a nightmare . Lots of buffering and technical difficulties . Of course , I have a better modem and router than I had back then . After Sling I went with Sony Playvue for a while . Worked fine but the price kept going up . Youtube TV has pretty much everything I want.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/31/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scfastpitch wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

I'm using Youtube TV now and it's been great . I use it mostly through a ROKU . I tried Sling a couple of years ago and it was a nightmare . Lots of buffering and technical difficulties . Of course , I have a better modem and router than I had back then . After Sling I went with Sony Playvue for a while . Worked fine but the price kept going up . Youtube TV has pretty much everything I want.

Which of course makes all the difference in the world. As does the fact that current Rokus are better than earlier versions.

I'm not commenting on the streaming service, but your type, speed and brand of internet provider, type of home Wi-Fi setup, router, etc. , positioning of equipment and streaming box/stick, etc., probably has a greater effect on buffering and quality issues then the service in use.

And despite that most of the boxes assume you are using wi-fi, and some only accept wi-fi, and despite increases in internet speed and improvements in equipment, wi-fi is still much more succeptable to buffering and interference than wired.

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 10/31/18 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
scfastpitch wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

Which of course makes all the difference in the world. As does the fact that current Rokus are better than earlier versions.

I'm not commenting on the streaming service, but your type, speed and brand of internet provider, type of home Wi-Fi setup, router, etc. , positioning of equipment and streaming box/stick, etc., probably has a greater effect on buffering and quality issues then the service in use.

And despite that most of the boxes assume you are using wi-fi, and some only accept wi-fi, and despite increases in internet speed and improvements in equipment, wi-fi is still much more succeptable to buffering and interference than wired.

I switched to wired before I gave up on Sling . Never helped . But I agree the modem and router might have made a difference . I say "might" because I was having no problems at all streaming on MLBTV or things like Amazon movies . Sling was having a lot of problems during extremely popular events , such as "
March madness " or The Masters . I would assume they have that straightened out by now or they wouldn't still be in business . If my current service gets too expensive I may give them another shot , but at the time I felt like I was paying $26 a month for a WatchESPN sign-on .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: