RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ann Meyers Drysdale Award nominees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 10/23/18 12:41 pm    ::: Ann Meyers Drysdale Award nominees Reply Reply with quote

www.hoophall.com/news/basketball-hall-of-fame-wbca-announce-candidates-for-2019-ann-meyers-drysdale-award

Interesting distribution by conference. 12 conferences have someone among the 20 nominees. 4 from the Pac 12, 3 from the Big East, 2 each from the AAC, ACC and Big 10, but only one from the SEC and Big 12.

ucbart

PostPosted: 10/23/18 1:27 pm    ::: Re: Ann Meyers Drysdale Award nominees Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
www.hoophall.com/news/basketball-hall-of-fame-wbca-announce-candidates-for-2019-ann-meyers-drysdale-award

Interesting distribution by conference. 12 conferences have someone among the 20 nominees. 4 from the Pac 12, 3 from the Big East, 2 each from the AAC, ACC and Big 10, but only one from the SEC and Big 12.

This is so confusing. In no way, shape, or form is Lou a SG. She is a 3.

These lists make the people that put them together look like assholes.

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/23/18 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, I thought this was for the Worst Basketball TV Analyst in Recorded History ...

PostPosted: 10/23/18 2:05 pm    ::: Re: Ann Meyers Drysdale Award nominees Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

It's called politics. They HAVE to have SOMEONE from UConn and she was the closest thing they could find.

But I actually find the four PAC nominees even more stunning. Really? Would anyone really notice the omission of any or even all four of them?

These pre-season lists are always like this. You could trim the 30 to 5 or 8 and retain a 99.9999% chance of including the ultimate winner. There's a greater likelihood that a freshman or transfer or person coming back from an injury and not included in this thirty ultimately deserves to win than that 20 of these 30 will ever come close.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 10/23/18 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well considering SI is not OR PG what are y'all complaining about.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/23/18 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Oh, I thought this was for the Worst Basketball TV Analyst in Recorded History ...

She has competition from Carolyn Peck.

~rAf
ucbart

PostPosted: 10/23/18 6:17 pm    ::: Re: Ann Meyers Drysdale Award nominees Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

It's called politics. They HAVE to have SOMEONE from UConn and she was the closest thing they could find.

But I actually find the four PAC nominees even more stunning. Really? Would anyone really notice the omission of any or even all four of them?

These pre-season lists are always like this. You could trim the 30 to 5 or 8 and retain a 99.9999% chance of including the ultimate winner. There's a greater likelihood that a freshman or transfer or person coming back from an injury and not included in this thirty ultimately deserves to win than that 20 of these 30 will ever come close.

THye could have all 3 UCONN players for these stupid awards at their natural position.

When I saw them announce the winners of all these position awards at the FF last year, I was scratching my head. Ionescu one won and so did Hebard.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 10/24/18 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting anomaly that I missed initially. Jessica Kovatch was nominated for both the Lieberman and Meyers Drysdale awards.

She is really good.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/26/18 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since Ionescu is a SG she should be on this list.
And Kiana Williams is a PG.

- Amanda Gorman
Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/26/18 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Since Ionescu is a SG she should be on this list.
And Kiana Williams is a PG.

I think a healthy Marta Sniezek or Jenna Brown will be the PG's for Stanford by the end of the season. Kiana Williams is more of a natural 2 who may have to play a lot of PG early due to Marta's injury.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 10/26/18 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Williams is only considered a 2 as she can shoot but she is in fact a PG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: