RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

The Kavanaugh Hearings: This is a good spoof
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 392
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/18 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to see if these two women who lied about being raped by Justice Kavanaugh will see perjury charges. They should! It's very clear at this point that they lied under oath. Ford moreso than Swetnick (who has a long history of false allegations and courtroom visits). Ford lied about being a psychologist, writing the letter (where Leland Kaiser was identified as "he"), getting help with the letter, WRITING the letter, and being raped. Then she (along with her attorney) tried to intimidate Leland into changing her testimony.

My question is, will there be charges for these perjurers, or will we see two system of justice, like we did with the Clintons and many others?


PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14425
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/18 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

MAGA Land is a terrifying fucking place.


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10752
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/18 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Morons, authoritarians, patriarchal straight white boys, racists and gun freaks, mostly.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11183
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart), whilst on my way to Oregon!


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/18 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ahh, don't fret none guys, cuz "It Can't Happen Here".



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners! Oregon: Go Ducks!
Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 895



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/18 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First of All, can I just say how fucked with I feel by that avatar? Whomever had the audacity to conflate Brett Kavanaugh with Emmitt Till is fucking disgusting, and they should be ashamed of themselves. That's straight harassment, is what it is. The only thing that Kavanaugh and Till have in common is white supremacy: Till was murdered over it, and Kavanaugh was confirmed to uphold it. And, in both cases, the victims were denied justice.

Second of all... what lie? AIUI, the hearing committee determined that they couldn't prove that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted Ford. That doesn't mean that she lied: it just means that she couldn't prove that she was telling the truth to the satisfaction of the committee, which didn't even have to uphold the legal standard of proof, because Kavanaugh was not actually on trial; they basically just decided that he didn't do it. Or, if he did, that it wasn't enough of a deal-breaker to change their minds about voting for him, anyway.

But that's the problem with matters of sexual assault, especially when the assault in question was not a rape: unless a witness literally catches the assailant in the act, there is no "proof" to speak of. It becomes a matter of you said/they said, in a society and culture where we, in the aggregate, have been conditioned to disbelieve the victim. If the assailant denies that they did it, then basically the victim's only hope for justice is that the assailant is so earth-shatteringly stupid that the investigation is able to catch them in a lie. All an assailant ever really has to do is deny from jump, and then stick to their story, and unless someone literally caught them with their hand in the proverbial "cookie jar," they'll get away with it. Which is why most sexual assaults go unreported in the first place.



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 8974



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/18 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/002QwWgtusc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qw4xjTjn8c



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7071
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/18 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it looks like a Russian troll, and it sounds like a Russian troll....



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4948



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/18 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
I'd like to see if these two women who lied about being raped by Justice Kavanaugh will see perjury charges. They should! It's very clear at this point that they lied under oath. Ford moreso than Swetnick (who has a long history of false allegations and courtroom visits). Ford lied about being a psychologist, writing the letter (where Leland Kaiser was identified as "he"), getting help with the letter, WRITING the letter, and being raped. Then she (along with her attorney) tried to intimidate Leland into changing her testimony.

My question is, will there be charges for these perjurers, or will we see two system of justice, like we did with the Clintons and many others?


First, someone would have to do an investigation. I don't think that you, BK or the asshole in the WH want that.



_________________
neverthless she persisted
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 392
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/18 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
I'd like to see if these two women who lied about being raped by Justice Kavanaugh will see perjury charges. They should! It's very clear at this point that they lied under oath. Ford moreso than Swetnick (who has a long history of false allegations and courtroom visits). Ford lied about being a psychologist, writing the letter (where Leland Kaiser was identified as "he"), getting help with the letter, WRITING the letter, and being raped. Then she (along with her attorney) tried to intimidate Leland into changing her testimony.

My question is, will there be charges for these perjurers, or will we see two system of justice, like we did with the Clintons and many others?


First, someone would have to do an investigation. I don't think that you, BK or the asshole in the WH want that.

Whether it happens or not doesn't really matter to me. There's always those who choose to believe whatever they want IN SPITE of the evidence before us.

But I can tell you this... all 3 of us would probably LOVE to see an investigation. Because there is a LOT there that both Swetnick and Ford lied about under oath.

I know one thing is for sure: If it happens, the Democrats won't be there to help them. They are DONE with them. They have outlived their usefulness to the party. If Democrats REALLY cared about domestic abuse or sexual assault, Bob Menendez, Cory Booker, Bill Clinton, and Keith Ellison would have never made it as far as they did.



Even the "grassroots" resistance over there was nothing but fake outrage:


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11183
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart), whilst on my way to Oregon!


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/18 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Whomever had the audacity to conflate Brett Kavanaugh with Emmitt Till is fucking disgusting, and they should be ashamed of themselves.


That's basically hitting The Nail on The Head. Laughing

Here's the thing, though: StoningtonQB may be a mouth-breathing bot, or a real person, but regardless--she is a "First Class" reminder to all of us how many American's minds work. They are why Rush, Alex Jones, et. al., draw paychecks.

The important thing is to remember how--like the KKK, McCarthyism, The Birchers--they feed on Fear and spew idiocy. Like a vomiting drunk on the sidewalk, they need to be sidestepped and remember: they are NOT The Majority. They definitely draw focus while they wretch away, but this too shall pass. Cool



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners! Oregon: Go Ducks!
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4948



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/18 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
I'd like to see if these two women who lied about being raped by Justice Kavanaugh will see perjury charges. They should! It's very clear at this point that they lied under oath. Ford moreso than Swetnick (who has a long history of false allegations and courtroom visits). Ford lied about being a psychologist, writing the letter (where Leland Kaiser was identified as "he"), getting help with the letter, WRITING the letter, and being raped. Then she (along with her attorney) tried to intimidate Leland into changing her testimony.

My question is, will there be charges for these perjurers, or will we see two system of justice, like we did with the Clintons and many others?


First, someone would have to do an investigation. I don't think that you, BK or the asshole in the WH want that.


Whether it happens or not doesn't really matter to me. There's always those who choose to believe whatever they want IN SPITE of the evidence before us.

But I can tell you this... all 3 of us would probably LOVE to see an investigation. Because there is a LOT there that both Swetnick and Ford lied about under oath.



Let's talk about lying under oath...

Your boy Brett told so many lies to the SJC. I'm surprised that he's not still making that piggy-face. And the reps ate it up!!! Hook, line and sinker!!

Sadly, the good citizens of the US will be the ones paying for this joke of "justice."



_________________
neverthless she persisted
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 392
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/09/18 8:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
I'd like to see if these two women who lied about being raped by Justice Kavanaugh will see perjury charges. They should! It's very clear at this point that they lied under oath. Ford moreso than Swetnick (who has a long history of false allegations and courtroom visits). Ford lied about being a psychologist, writing the letter (where Leland Kaiser was identified as "he"), getting help with the letter, WRITING the letter, and being raped. Then she (along with her attorney) tried to intimidate Leland into changing her testimony.

My question is, will there be charges for these perjurers, or will we see two system of justice, like we did with the Clintons and many others?


First, someone would have to do an investigation. I don't think that you, BK or the asshole in the WH want that.


Whether it happens or not doesn't really matter to me. There's always those who choose to believe whatever they want IN SPITE of the evidence before us.

But I can tell you this... all 3 of us would probably LOVE to see an investigation. Because there is a LOT there that both Swetnick and Ford lied about under oath.



Let's talk about lying under oath...

Your boy Brett told so many lies to the SJC. I'm surprised that he's not still making that piggy-face. And the reps ate it up!!! Hook, line and sinker!!

Sadly, the good citizens of the US will be the ones paying for this joke of "justice."

I'd love to hear about these lies!


Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 392
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/09/18 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

That's basically hitting The Nail on The Head. Laughing

Here's the thing, though: StoningtonQB may be a mouth-breathing bot, or a real person, but regardless--she is a "First Class" reminder to all of us how many American's minds work. They are why Rush, Alex Jones, et. al., draw paychecks.

The important thing is to remember how--like the KKK, McCarthyism, The Birchers--they feed on Fear and spew idiocy. Like a vomiting drunk on the sidewalk, they need to be sidestepped and remember: they are NOT The Majority. They definitely draw focus while they wretch away, but this too shall pass. Cool

You got it all wrong. I think for MYSELF. YOU are the mouth-breathing idiot. Not me. The fact is, YOU believe what you're told by the people making bank, and that is why you were never successful in life. And you can give me the "I don't know you" crap all you want but your post history confirms everything I need to know. YOU believe a false story. YOU ignore the facts. YOU take every opportunity to throw cheap insults my way because you are filled with anger and hate towards people like me because for you and cthskzfn, you're pissed at the world because you have lived your lives with nothing to show for it. And then you come on here and vent your anger while I laugh. Stop acting like I'm the follower here. Christine Ford could tell America tomorrow that she lied (or could be found guilty of perjury in court) and you would still believe everything you've already been told.

I'd like to think that some of you on here are capable of critical, independent thought, but it's pretty clear which 3 of you are not! You two and the beta do and think what you're TOLD.




Last edited by Stonington_QB on 10/09/18 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 392
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/09/18 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
First of All, can I just say how fucked with I feel by that avatar? Whomever had the audacity to conflate Brett Kavanaugh with Emmitt Till is fucking disgusting, and they should be ashamed of themselves. That's straight harassment, is what it is. The only thing that Kavanaugh and Till have in common is white supremacy: Till was murdered over it, and Kavanaugh was confirmed to uphold it. And, in both cases, the victims were denied justice.

Actually the ONLY difference between Justice Kavanaugh and Emmett Till was that the Democrat accusers were only successful in ONE of the unjust punishments. You're comparison to white supremacy with regards Justice Kavanaugh only proves that you follow the rest of the flock. Absolutely NOBODY is saying that he supports racial superiority.

By the way, I made the avatar. Just so I can expose the hypocrisy in this particular section of the forum. I did it specifically to challenge the thought process of some of you and to get you all to talk about it. Mission accomplished! Also I'm not the first person to draw up this comparison.


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10752
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/09/18 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="646" height="363" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N34hehRgw9g" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4948



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/09/18 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
I'd like to see if these two women who lied about being raped by Justice Kavanaugh will see perjury charges. They should! It's very clear at this point that they lied under oath. Ford moreso than Swetnick (who has a long history of false allegations and courtroom visits). Ford lied about being a psychologist, writing the letter (where Leland Kaiser was identified as "he"), getting help with the letter, WRITING the letter, and being raped. Then she (along with her attorney) tried to intimidate Leland into changing her testimony.

My question is, will there be charges for these perjurers, or will we see two system of justice, like we did with the Clintons and many others?


First, someone would have to do an investigation. I don't think that you, BK or the asshole in the WH want that.


Whether it happens or not doesn't really matter to me. There's always those who choose to believe whatever they want IN SPITE of the evidence before us.

But I can tell you this... all 3 of us would probably LOVE to see an investigation. Because there is a LOT there that both Swetnick and Ford lied about under oath.



Let's talk about lying under oath...

Your boy Brett told so many lies to the SJC. I'm surprised that he's not still making that piggy-face. And the reps ate it up!!! Hook, line and sinker!!

Sadly, the good citizens of the US will be the ones paying for this joke of "justice."

I'd love to hear about these lies!



Where would you like to start?? Ralph?? Devil's Triangle?? FFFFFFF?? Boof??

Or just watch him. Every time he makes piggy-face, he's lying.

I'm thinking that will be the next drinking game. Watch the hearing and when BK makes piggy-face, you drink. BEER! 'Cause he likes BEER! Hopefully you won't be drinking as much as he does.



_________________
neverthless she persisted
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 392
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/09/18 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Where would you like to start?? Ralph?? Devil's Triangle?? FFFFFFF?? Boof??

Or just watch him. Every time he makes piggy-face, he's lying.

I'm thinking that will be the next drinking game. Watch the hearing and when BK makes piggy-face, you drink. BEER! 'Cause he likes BEER! Hopefully you won't be drinking as much as he does.

Just start somewhere, as long as it's something you feel is a lie he told the SJC. Also it would be nice if we didn't start by interpreting his high school yearbook.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11183
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart), whilst on my way to Oregon!


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/09/18 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Whomever had the audacity to conflate Brett Kavanaugh with Emmitt Till is fucking disgusting, and they should be ashamed of themselves.


That's basically hitting The Nail on The Head. Laughing

Here's the thing, though: StoningtonQB may be a mouth-breathing bot, or a real person, but regardless--she is a "First Class" reminder to all of us how many American's minds work. They are why Rush, Alex Jones, et. al., draw paychecks.

The important thing is to remember how--like the KKK, McCarthyism, The Birchers--they feed on Fear and spew idiocy. Like a vomiting drunk on the sidewalk, they need to be sidestepped and remember: they are NOT The Majority. They definitely draw focus while they wretch away, but this too shall pass. Cool

....and the vomiting continues. Laughing Laughing Laughing



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners! Oregon: Go Ducks!
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7071
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/09/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Where would you like to start?? Ralph?? Devil's Triangle?? FFFFFFF?? Boof??

Or just watch him. Every time he makes piggy-face, he's lying.

I'm thinking that will be the next drinking game. Watch the hearing and when BK makes piggy-face, you drink. BEER! 'Cause he likes BEER! Hopefully you won't be drinking as much as he does.

Just start somewhere, as long as it's something you feel is a lie he told the SJC. Also it would be nice if we didn't start by interpreting his high school yearbook.

The easiest lie to spot was that he had not heard of the Ramirez accusation until the New Yorker published the story. Yet there are text messages from him to friends asking them to support him on those claims that were sent before the story published.

A lie under oath.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 895



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/09/18 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
First of All, can I just say how fucked with I feel by that avatar? Whomever had the audacity to conflate Brett Kavanaugh with Emmitt Till is fucking disgusting, and they should be ashamed of themselves. That's straight harassment, is what it is. The only thing that Kavanaugh and Till have in common is white supremacy: Till was murdered over it, and Kavanaugh was confirmed to uphold it. And, in both cases, the victims were denied justice.

Actually the ONLY difference between Justice Kavanaugh and Emmett Till was that the Democrat accusers were only successful in ONE of the unjust punishments.

You really should stop getting your "information" from Breitbart and Fox News.

Quote:
You're [sic] comparison to white supremacy with regards Justice Kavanaugh only proves that you follow the rest of the flock.

The irony, it burns.

Quote:
By the way, I made the avatar. Just so I can expose the hypocrisy in this particular section of the forum. I did it specifically to challenge the thought process of some of you and to get you all to talk about it. Mission accomplished!

You seem unclear about what the word hypocrisy means.

Quote:
Also I'm not the first person to draw up this comparison.

Which only proves that there are other people as ignorant and hateful as you. Congrats?



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 392
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/09/18 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Where would you like to start?? Ralph?? Devil's Triangle?? FFFFFFF?? Boof??

Or just watch him. Every time he makes piggy-face, he's lying.

I'm thinking that will be the next drinking game. Watch the hearing and when BK makes piggy-face, you drink. BEER! 'Cause he likes BEER! Hopefully you won't be drinking as much as he does.

Just start somewhere, as long as it's something you feel is a lie he told the SJC. Also it would be nice if we didn't start by interpreting his high school yearbook.

The easiest lie to spot was that he had not heard of the Ramirez accusation until the New Yorker published the story. Yet there are text messages from him to friends asking them to support him on those claims that were sent before the story published.

A lie under oath.

The slightest iota of research would have produced the REAL facts behind this claim, which were reviewed by the FBI and promptly dismissed:
https://thefederalist.com/2018/10/04/nbc-owes-brett-kavanaugh-retraction-apology-perjury-claims-based-ramirez-texts/
Try again.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7071
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/09/18 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Where would you like to start?? Ralph?? Devil's Triangle?? FFFFFFF?? Boof??

Or just watch him. Every time he makes piggy-face, he's lying.

I'm thinking that will be the next drinking game. Watch the hearing and when BK makes piggy-face, you drink. BEER! 'Cause he likes BEER! Hopefully you won't be drinking as much as he does.

Just start somewhere, as long as it's something you feel is a lie he told the SJC. Also it would be nice if we didn't start by interpreting his high school yearbook.

The easiest lie to spot was that he had not heard of the Ramirez accusation until the New Yorker published the story. Yet there are text messages from him to friends asking them to support him on those claims that were sent before the story published.

A lie under oath.

The slightest iota of research would have produced the REAL facts behind this claim, which were reviewed by the FBI and promptly dismissed:
https://thefederalist.com/2018/10/04/nbc-owes-brett-kavanaugh-retraction-apology-perjury-claims-based-ramirez-texts/
Try again.

The Federalist? Great source.

He was testifying about what he heard after the story was published, that he had heard she was calling friends.

He said specifically, in other testimony not printed there by the highly partisan source, that the first time he had heard about these allegations was when he read it in the New Yorker.

Yet how is he texting friends to refute it of he hadn't heard it yet. The mental gymnastics you assholes do to defend this guy are ridiculous.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10752
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/09/18 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll repeat- it's like arguing with a dementia sufferer.

The Koch Bros/Ruppert Murdoch/Fossil Fuel/Evangelical Rightwing Cabal has them so brainwashed, most consistently vote against their own self-interests.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 392
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/18 8:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Where would you like to start?? Ralph?? Devil's Triangle?? FFFFFFF?? Boof??

Or just watch him. Every time he makes piggy-face, he's lying.

I'm thinking that will be the next drinking game. Watch the hearing and when BK makes piggy-face, you drink. BEER! 'Cause he likes BEER! Hopefully you won't be drinking as much as he does.

Just start somewhere, as long as it's something you feel is a lie he told the SJC. Also it would be nice if we didn't start by interpreting his high school yearbook.

The easiest lie to spot was that he had not heard of the Ramirez accusation until the New Yorker published the story. Yet there are text messages from him to friends asking them to support him on those claims that were sent before the story published.

A lie under oath.

The slightest iota of research would have produced the REAL facts behind this claim, which were reviewed by the FBI and promptly dismissed:
https://thefederalist.com/2018/10/04/nbc-owes-brett-kavanaugh-retraction-apology-perjury-claims-based-ramirez-texts/
Try again.

The Federalist? Great source.

He was testifying about what he heard after the story was published, that he had heard she was calling friends.

He said specifically, in other testimony not printed there by the highly partisan source, that the first time he had heard about these allegations was when he read it in the New Yorker.

Yet how is he texting friends to refute it of he hadn't heard it yet. The mental gymnastics you assholes do to defend this guy are ridiculous.

Name calling is all you 3 have got. That and believing what you're told. Sorry they didn't run the story on HuffingcomPost. I could have used any number of other sources for that. The FBI already looked into this, but hey what do they know compared to you right?


Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 392
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/18 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
I'll repeat- it's like arguing with a dementia sufferer.

The Koch Bros/Ruppert Murdoch/Fossil Fuel/Evangelical Rightwing Cabal has them so brainwashed, most consistently vote against their own self-interests.

My self-interests are voting against people who take my hard-earned money and distribute it to losers like you.


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18788



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/18 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As enlightening and constructive and generally awesome as this thread is, its participants will still be deactivated if the name-calling continues.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1153



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/18 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
<iframe width="646" height="363" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N34hehRgw9g" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>


That was incredible. Thanks for sharing this.


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10752
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/18 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
I'll repeat- it's like arguing with a dementia sufferer.

The Koch Bros/Ruppert Murdoch/Fossil Fuel/Evangelical Rightwing Cabal has them so brainwashed, most consistently vote against their own self-interests.

My self-interests are voting against people who take my hard-earned money and distribute it to losers like you.


I'll repeat- it's like arguing with a dementia sufferer.

The Koch Bros/Ruppert Murdoch/Fossil Fuel/Evangelical Rightwing Cabal has them so brainwashed, most consistently vote against their own self-interests.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10752
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/18 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
<iframe width="646" height="363" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N34hehRgw9g" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>


That was incredible. Thanks for sharing this.


You're welcome.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4948



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/18 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
I'll repeat- it's like arguing with a dementia sufferer.

The Koch Bros/Ruppert Murdoch/Fossil Fuel/Evangelical Rightwing Cabal has them so brainwashed, most consistently vote against their own self-interests.

My self-interests are voting against people who take my hard-earned money and distribute it to losers like you.


Please remind me, who is name calling??



_________________
neverthless she persisted
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 392
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/18 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
I'll repeat- it's like arguing with a dementia sufferer.

The Koch Bros/Ruppert Murdoch/Fossil Fuel/Evangelical Rightwing Cabal has them so brainwashed, most consistently vote against their own self-interests.

My self-interests are voting against people who take my hard-earned money and distribute it to losers like you.


Please remind me, who is name calling??

They dish it out, I can dish it right back. Not what I want, but I'm tired of being on the receiving end of this nonsense.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7071
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/18 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
As enlightening and constructive and generally awesome as this thread is, its participants will still be deactivated if the name-calling continues.

And yet you all allow a highly offensive avatar to continue to exist...



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 392
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/18 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
As enlightening and constructive and generally awesome as this thread is, its participants will still be deactivated if the name-calling continues.

And yet you all allow a highly offensive avatar to continue to exist...

I could ridicule you for days about this post alone, but since there's been a call to tone down the rhetoric, I won't.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7071
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/18 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
As enlightening and constructive and generally awesome as this thread is, its participants will still be deactivated if the name-calling continues.

And yet you all allow a highly offensive avatar to continue to exist...

I could ridicule you for days about this post alone, but since there's been a call to tone down the rhetoric, I won't.


и хороший день для вас тоже



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
huskiemaniac



Joined: 24 Nov 2004
Posts: 298
Location: NE CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/18 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

why was cthskzfn banned, and why was no email to that effect sent?


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11183
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart), whilst on my way to Oregon!


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/18 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
why was cthskzfn banned, and why was no email to that effect sent?


He was?? <sigh!> The inconsistencies. Rolling Eyes

Perhaps we might see a list of The Dirty Words cthskzfn uttered, so as to not repeat them.



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners! Oregon: Go Ducks!
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7071
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/18 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
why was cthskzfn banned, and why was no email to that effect sent?


He was?? <sigh!> The inconsistencies. Rolling Eyes

Perhaps we might see a list of The Dirty Words cthskzfn uttered, so as to not repeat them.

I think it is like Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalties, it is not the instigator that faces the punishment, it's the retaliation that is caught.

So when someone posts inflammatory rhetoric meant to get a rise out of people, it ends with the victims of the trolling being punished for reacting. While the reacting is not good, it is the understandable consequence of allowing buttons to be intentionally pushed over and over again.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18788



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/18 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
As enlightening and constructive and generally awesome as this thread is, its participants will still be deactivated if the name-calling continues.

And yet you all allow a highly offensive avatar to continue to exist...

I haven't noticed one, and no one has reported one to me, so yes, I guess I do.

If anyone has an issue with something here then my PM box door is always open.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18788



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/18 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
why was cthskzfn banned

Is it really not obvious?
If I feel that things are getting too nasty in a thread, and ask in that thread for the personal attacks to stop, and someone posts a personal attack on another poster in that same thread within the hour! ... goodnesss ... that is literally asking for it. It's not even giving me a choice.

huskiemaniac wrote:
and why was no email to that effect sent?

Why would one be sent? I don't believe that has ever been part of the procedure and don't see why it would be necessary.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
huskiemaniac



Joined: 24 Nov 2004
Posts: 298
Location: NE CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/18 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
why was cthskzfn banned

Is it really not obvious?
If I feel that things are getting too nasty in a thread, and ask in that thread for the personal attacks to stop, and someone posts a personal attack on another poster in that same thread within the hour! ... goodnesss ... that is literally asking for it. It's not even giving me a choice.


Your first mistake is to assume the warning was seen.

Secondly, of course you have a choice- you're the moderator. Your hand isn't being forced.

To ban someone who has been on this board longer than you, for such a sketchy "offense", seems more like a personal thing.

In terms of poor taste- I find your signature sophomoric.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7071
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/18 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:

In terms of poor taste- I find your signature sophomoric.


Warning, NSFW language

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xh_9QhRzJEs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18788



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Your first mistake is to assume the warning was seen.

Nope, not a mistake. If my warning wasn't seen then that's not on me. I'm not going to request individual confirmation from every member of the board any time a warning is posted. It's just not practical.

huskiemaniac wrote:
Secondly, of course you have a choice- you're the moderator. Your hand isn't being forced.

If I did make a mistake, it was probably to be lenient enough to post the warning instead of just reaching straight for the ban button.
This area is too toxic IMO. Especially when it comes to anything remotely to do with politics.

huskiemaniac wrote:
To ban someone who has been on this board longer than you, for such a sketchy "offense", seems more like a personal thing.

LOL @ the "longer than you" thing. I need enlightening of the relevance of those extra few months.
Personal thing? Like because he bullied me in high school or something? I don't get what that accusation even means. The only way I "know" 95+% of people here is based on the words they post. The only way I can moderate is based on what they post.


**********************************************************

Not attacking other people shouldn't be too much to ask here.
There's like 7 billion other people you're allowed to go after, so do that.
If you can't handle a topic here without saying something nasty about another poster then maybe just excuse yourself from it, because is it really that important in your life that you get that personal shot in?
If you think someone is posting utter garbage then just ignore it. Give it the respect it deserves and scroll on past. Why even waste your day getting angry enough to get personal about it in response?

**********************************************************

And if you feel that someone else is really being offensive on this board, to you, to someone else, or in general, then send me a PM.

**********************************************************



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
taropatch



Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 516
Location: Kau Rubbish Dump


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/18 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
why was cthskzfn banned

Is it really not obvious?
If I feel that things are getting too nasty in a thread, and ask in that thread for the personal attacks to stop, and someone posts a personal attack on another poster in that same thread within the hour! ... goodnesss ... that is literally asking for it. It's not even giving me a choice.


Your first mistake is to assume the warning was seen.

Secondly, of course you have a choice- you're the moderator. Your hand isn't being forced.

To ban someone who has been on this board longer than you, for such a sketchy "offense", seems more like a personal thing.

In terms of poor taste- I find your signature sophomoric.


Yes, sophomoric and also racist.

So cthskzfn was banned for calling someone a dementia sufferer? He has been called names in this thread too. I searched for a warning in this thread and it appears to be a general warning to all. As huskymaniac mentioned, if you thought cthskzfn was on the verge, then a PM would have been nice. It may not be in the policy, but it would have been reasonable.

Bring cthskzfn back (maybe after 30 days?)


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18788



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/18 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
So cthskzfn was banned for calling someone a dementia sufferer? He has been called names in this thread too.

Yes he was. Which is not cool. Thus my general warning post to all.

taropatch wrote:
I searched for a warning in this thread and it appears to be a general warning to all.

Yes it was. And people seemed to get the message. Except one. So ...

taropatch wrote:
As huskymaniac mentioned, if you thought cthskzfn was on the verge, then a PM would have been nice.

Yes, I could try to PM the entire board, so that the next person banned couldn't come back with "but I got no warning", or I could just post a message that everyone can see.
I've got double-digit PMs sitting in my Outbox right now. As in, have been sent, but never opened by the recipient. PMs are not a guaranteed way to reach someone.

taropatch wrote:
Bring cthskzfn back (maybe after 30 days?)

Just to be clear, we're not going to permaban someone for a one-off thing like that.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6812



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/18 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Republicans initially got a positive bounce from the Kavanaugh hearings. But Five Thirty Eight predicts that their mid-term chances not only went back to where they were pre-Kavanaugh, they have now declined to the lowest level (14.9% chances or retaining House) yet.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18788



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/18 12:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That margin seems to have increased quite swiftly over the past fortnight



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14425
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/18 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
The Republicans initially got a positive bounce from the Kavanaugh hearings. But Five Thirty Eight predicts that their mid-term chances not only went back to where they were pre-Kavanaugh, they have now declined to the lowest level (14.9% chances or retaining House) yet.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/


The Senate chances haven't recovered, though that seems to be basically because of North Dakota and Tennessee, two states that always and still seem like Democratic longshots.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57521
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/18 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd guess the Dems have little chance of taking back the senate. I doubt they'll even have a net gain of seats. It could very well end up Reps +2 this cycle.

The Dems will pick up some house seats, probably 20-25. Minimum +11, max about +40.



_________________
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab your vial
huskiemaniac



Joined: 24 Nov 2004
Posts: 298
Location: NE CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/18 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn remains banned.

His 2nd email to the moderator, sent 11 days ago, asking if the ban was permanent, has received no reply.

Two days later, on the 13th, (see above), the moderator suggested the ban might be temporary.

In the 9 days since, cthskzfn has received no notification of any kind. He, myself, and others, think a more straightforward line of communication is preferable.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11183
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart), whilst on my way to Oregon!


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I'd guess the Dems have little chance of taking back the senate. I doubt they'll even have a net gain of seats. It could very well end up Reps +2 this cycle.

The Dems will pick up some house seats, probably 20-25. Minimum +11, max about +40.


Andddd....the majority of people didn't believe Donald was gonna win, too. Shocked Razz

(....remind me, did 538 pick him 2 years ago?)



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners! Oregon: Go Ducks!
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin