RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 10/07/18 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
I wonder is Diggins going to ever play overseas.

My guess would be no. She says:

Quote:
By far, I make more money through endorsements than playing. I'm with Zappos and Puma right now. I'm with Body Armor. Basketball is part of what I do but it's not just who I am. I’m trying to set up for my life after basketball.

And:
Quote:
But 90% of the league goes overseas. And so these women are playing year-round, which is terrible for your body. It’s so much wear and tear.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/08/18 5:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Which again makes it bizarre that she wouldn't show up for camp for Worlds. Two extra weeks of playing for a gold medal that'd look lovely on the resume and could only help with sponsors - plus likely lead to an Olympic appearance in two years that would be even more helpful off the court.

PostPosted: 10/08/18 6:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Which again makes it bizarre that she wouldn't show up for camp for Worlds. Two extra weeks of playing for a gold medal that'd look lovely on the resume and could only help with sponsors - plus likely lead to an Olympic appearance in two years that would be even more helpful off the court.

This

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
MrCam

PostPosted: 10/08/18 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

This

Why would ANYONE want someone on a team that does not want to be ON the team?

Contrast her attitude with this young man:https://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2018/10/lewis-feature.aspx

Remember, ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING!

hyperetic

PostPosted: 10/08/18 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MrCam wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

This

Contrast her attitude with this young man:https://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2018/10/lewis-feature.aspx

Attitude does have a lot to do with it but if she is as miffed at all about how she was used in her last couple of appearances with the national team, I would think it would weigh on her decisions as to level of participation going forward. You can look at that as petty or as her looking at the best options to build her brand.
MrCam

PostPosted: 10/08/18 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
MrCam wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

This

Attitude does have a lot to do with it but if she is as miffed at all about how she was used in her last couple of appearances with the national team, I would think it would weigh on her decisions as to level of participation going forward. You can look at that as petty or as her look-
ing at the best options to build her brand.

In the NBA, the more you accomplish ON the COURT, the
more money you can make OFF the COURT. A player has to also
consider their post playing opportunities. Whalen has parlayed a
successful professional & national team career into the new Go-
phers women's head basketball coaching job. If Whalen is only
HALF as good as a coach as she was a player, the Gophers will
do well.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/08/18 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Attitude does have a lot to do with it but if she is as miffed at all about how she was used in her last couple of appearances with the national team, I would think it would weigh on her decisions as to level of participation going forward. You can look at that as petty or as her looking at the best options to build her brand.

But then why did these people accept a spot on the National Team pool in the first place? Unless their issues have arisen in the occasional two-three day camps that USA Basketball manage to shoehorn into the schedule, why not just turn down the call-up back then? The whole thing's still weird. And it's also strange that nothing's leaaked about what's going on. Even in the women's basketball world, with few journalists and limited interest, you'd expect someone to have whispered to Doug Feinberg, or Megdal to have overheard someone talking to a friend of a friend of a third-cousin and then blown that whisper up out of all proportion. Outside of the few who we know are hurt or were just in desperte need of rest (the Lynx group and McCoughtry), we've basically got nothing.

PostPosted: 10/08/18 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

But then why did these people accept a spot on the National Team pool in the first place? Unless their issues have arisen in the occasional two-three day camps that USA Basketball manage to shoehorn into the schedule, why not just turn down the call-up back then? The whole thing's still weird. And it's also strange that nothing's leaaked about what's going on. Even in the women's basketball world, with few journalists and limited interest, you'd expect someone to have whispered to Doug Feinberg, or Megdal to have overheard someone talking to a friend of a friend of a third-cousin and then blown that whisper up out of all proportion. Outside of the few who we know are hurt or were just in desperte need of rest (the Lynx group and McCoughtry), we've basically got nothing.

I did say "if". I most definitely am not privy to the inner thought processes of Diggins-Smith. To a certain extent, I may be projecting my own pettiness onto her. So in answer to your question, I have no answer. My thoughts were fashioned from my own biases. Accepting a spot in camp gave her a possible place to shine and build her brand on an international stage if she made the final roster. Unfortunately she didn't even though she is one of the best American players in the game. So lose an opportunity, look for others to replace it.
Randy

PostPosted: 10/08/18 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins-Smith wasn't the only one to decline to come to camp. If it was just one player who doesn't come then that's probably on them - if it is several it's probably on USA Basketball.

MrCam

PostPosted: 10/08/18 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Diggins-Smith wasn't the only one to decline to come to camp. If it was just one player who doesn't come then that's probably on them - if it is several it's probably on USA Basketball.

I know of Skylar & Maya. Can you name any additional
players under 30 that declined a Team USA training
camp invite for the 2018 FIBA Women's World Cup?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/08/18 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MrCam wrote:
Randy wrote:

I know of Skylar & Maya. Can you name any additional
players under 30 that declined a Team USA training
camp invite for the 2018 FIBA Women's World Cup?

Chelsea Gray

PostPosted: 10/08/18 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In alphabetical order: Augustus, Diggins-Smith, Durr, Fowles, C.Gray, Hayes, McBride, McCoughtry, Moore, C.Ogwumike, K.L.Samuelson, Sykes, J.Thomas and Wiese. That's the list of people who were officially in the national team pool but were never at the pre-Worlds camp. A few we know were injured (McCoughtry, Fowles, Augustus, Samuelson) and I believe Maya was just exhausted and done after the WNBA season (although I'm not sure whether anyone ever really came out and said that). Everyone else is pretty much unknown.

PostPosted: 10/09/18 5:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
In alphabetical order: Augustus, Diggins-Smith, Durr, Fowles, C.Gray, Hayes, McBride, McCoughtry, Moore, C.Ogwumike, K.L.Samuelson, Sykes, J.Thomas and Wiese. That's the list of people who were officially in the national team pool but were never at the pre-Worlds camp. A few we know were injured (McCoughtry, Fowles, Augustus, Samuelson) and I believe Maya was just exhausted and done after the WNBA season (although I'm not sure whether anyone ever really came out and said that). Everyone else is pretty much unknown.

There was a recent article about Maya that said something about needing rest.

For me the big question marks are Diggins, C. Gray and J Thomas. Because this was their biggest moment and chance to get on the team for years to come as a replacement for Whalen. Gray and Thomas both play overseas i believe but still would be strange to let this opportunity go because of rest. And if they were dealing with injuries then why wouldnt that be mentioned somewhere just like it has with Fowles and Augustus.
Its just weird..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 10/10/18 12:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

There was a recent article about Maya that said something about needing rest.

For me the big question marks are Diggins, C. Gray and J Thomas. Because this was their biggest moment and chance to get on the team for years to come as a replacement for Whalen. Gray and Thomas both play overseas i believe but still would be strange to let this opportunity go because of rest. And if they were dealing with injuries then why wouldnt that be mentioned somewhere just like it has with Fowles and Augustus.
Its just weird..

I think I read somewhere Gray declined the invite. I wouldn't be surprised if the ladies decided to skip the world's by resting their bodies before they head overseas

PostPosted: 10/11/18 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09,

Which picks in the upcoming draft do you feel fits our needs the most? What trades would you be willing to make?

Shades

PostPosted: 10/11/18 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:

Which picks in the upcoming draft do you feel fits our needs the most? What trades would you be willing to make?

If you check out here http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=95018&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100, you can see for yourself how the roster is shaping up. Most of these players can perform in multiple positions. As far as the draft goes, it’s hard to say what they need until they see which of their own free agents they keep or if they sign any new free agents.

*Will Cambage return? That’s a huge issue. Without her, Plaisance likely becomes the starting center, or else they can go center-lite with say Stevens.

*Dallas unrestricted free agents are Johnson and Christmas-Kelly. They can only lock up one of them. Which one do they lock up and will the other one stay or go?

*Dallas has three reserved players. Thornton is the obvious keeper. The other reserved players are replaceable.

At least one the following players won’t be on the team next year if you presume the #5 pick (or trade for that pick) sticks on the team:
Glory Johnson
Christmas-Kelly
Thornton
George
Romero

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/11/18 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09,

DFWub , i have 3 options with the # 5 pick next year . Depending on how the dominoes fall there's 1 that sticks out more than the others when it comes to OUR team needs. Most mock drafts have her or the other 2 in the vicinity of our pick 3-7 so i can say keep your eyes there when you see a mock draft and you will see which players i want and which one we really need. Im honestly waiting til this upcoming College Season to evaluate which player would best fit our team needs. Once again i have an idea , but im not 100% sold on her defense Laughing . The other 2 are scorer's straight up , one is Ball dominant the other is better off the ball . OK im stopping before i give away my genie in a bottle . Laughing

PostPosted: 10/11/18 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can add Tayler Horrible Hill to that list as well for players that might not return next season Shades. Karima Christmas-Kelly will still be a Wing she just resigned February of this year unless it was a 1 year deal in which is possible seeing as though she just got that awfully suspicious Max contract in February and CBA coming up after next season. Most likely she will still be a wing though i dont foresee her going anywhere. Not sure why you left Kaela Davis off that list either Embarassed

PostPosted: 10/11/18 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least one the following players won’t be on the team next year if you presume the #5 pick (or trade for that pick) sticks on the team:

Glory Johnson - Our Grandmama might get the core
Kaela Davis - No comment
George - Likely to return
Romero - Remembered as Latecia Moore to Dallas staff
Tayler Hill - Probably will be back but doesn't make it past All star break next yr
Cambage - The Queen will surprise us all .

Thornton's not going anywhere i removed her from that original list. Embarassed

PostPosted: 10/11/18 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

You should be a scout or team liason because you always provide a wealth of information and sound opinions that very few can compete with on this site!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/11/18 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09,

Hmmmmmnnn....Interesting, I don't want to help your genie out of the bottle but it sounds like your favorites are:

1. Katie Lou Samuelson
2. Asia Durr
3. Arike Ogunbowale

My choices would be:

1. Asia Durr
2. Nepheesa Collier
3. Kristine Anigwe

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/11/18 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

I personally wouldn't lose any sleep if Christmas-Kelly is gone one way or another, and George and Romero are not even worth mentioning in any conversation....two perfect examples of several as to why I have 0 percent confidence in Greg Bibbs ability to run this organization!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/11/18 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09,

You keep me LMAO on this site!!!😂😂😂

Brinx

PostPosted: 10/17/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins-Smith is expecting her first baby!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpDFYEeBbRc/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1cmu65lzbk8dp

FemmeFatale

PostPosted: 10/17/18 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brinx wrote:
Diggins-Smith is expecting her first baby!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpDFYEeBbRc/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1cmu65lzbk8dp

I figured this was the reason she skipped out on USA Basketball, but didn't want to speculate. Congrats to her and her hubby!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 7 of 44

Jump to: