RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2019 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCam

PostPosted: 10/05/18 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Could be interesting for Lindsay Kagawa Colas.

Most obvious potential star client to chase in this class: Sabrina Ionescu
Team she'd go to at #1, which obviously you'd want for her: Las Vegas
Player who's already starting at the point for Vegas, as you demanded: Kelsey Plum

Of course, if her value is now significantly higher than Jefferson's, they
could always trade Plum instead and keep MoJeff as the backup/sidekick
to Ionescu. That might solve things for LKC.

Sadly, MoJeff is TOO small. And I do not believe that Mo-
Jeff has much trade value. Kayla McBride, Kelsey Plum, &
Sabrina Ionescu have a much higher upside playing together.
Plum & Ionescu should be able to build chemistry rather quickly
since they played against each other.

The Aces may not even draft a SG or PG. They might go after a
post player.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/05/18 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn....I think you're right, now that you put it that way!!! I think the problem is I'm so desperate for us to get a legit three point shooting threat so bad, but I have zero trust in Gregg Bibb and his lack of aggressiveness at his job or his decision making abilities....I feel we need and deserve better representation within this organization from the top down, we have plenty business minded persons behind the scenes with little to no basketball IQ and it's very frustrating as a true fan!!!

Shades

PostPosted: 10/10/18 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here is College Sports Madness’ draft rankings for 2019. It’s NOT a mock draft.
http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/womens-basketball/wnba-draft-profiles

CSM has been historically bad at this, but this one isn’t that bad (they must be poking around). I would put Gustafson and Anigwe ahead of Laksa. That would be my biggest nitpick.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 10/22/18 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Inside The W with Michelle Smith: Top WNBA Draft Prospects to Watch This College Season

http://www.wnba.com/news/inside-the-w-michelle-smith-wnba-draft-prospects-ncaa-2018-2019/

Here is a list of 10 of the top [draft-eligible] WNBA prospects out of the college game this season. (More in-depth analysis at link. I only give the first line here.)

Sabrina Ionescu, Oregon, G. If the Ducks’ point guard, who broke the Pac-12 record for career triple-doubles as a sophomore, decides to forgo her final year of eligibility and enter the WNBA Draft (she will turn 22 in her draft year, making her eligible), she will shoot to the top of the Draft board.

Asia Durr, Louisville, G. Durr is considered by many to be Ionescu’s equal, in terms of her ability to impact a WNBA team fresh out of college.

Teaira McCowan, Mississippi State, C. With the graduation of so many star players, McCowan, at 6-foot-7, literally becomes the Bulldogs’ centerpiece player and a coveted WNBA pick for her size and ability to impact play around the basket.

Napheesa Collier, Connecticut, F. Collier is widely considered the best forward in the country coming into her final collegiate season. [Isn’t KLS considered a forward?]

Katie Lou Samuelson, Connecticut, G. Also a senior for Connecticut, Samuelson has established herself as one of the best shooters in the country, and would be the kind of perimeter threat coveted by any number of WNBA teams.

Kalani Brown, Baylor, C. Brown is one of the nation’s premier post players. The 6-foot-7 Louisiana native put up All-American numbers in 2017-18, averaging 20.1 points and 10.2 rebounds a game, both career-highs. [Gustafson was the nation’s leading scorer last year. Will she make this venerable list?]

Arike Ogunbowale, ND, G. Ogunbowale became a household name with her two buzzer-beating shots in last year’s Final Four, leading the Irish to a national championship.

Brianna Turner, ND, F. The two-time ACC Defensive Player of the Year is back on the floor for her final season after sustaining a devastating knee injury in the 2017 NCAA Tournament, an injury that cost her the entire 2017-18 and a chance to be on the floor as her teammates won the national championship.

Megan Gustafson, Iowa, F. The reigning Big 10 Player of the Year, Gustafson has been a dominant presence for the Hawkeyes and is coming off an extraordinary junior season, setting herself up for strong WNBA Draft status next spring.

Kristine Anigwe, Cal, C. Anigwe has been the Bears’ centerpiece player for the past three seasons and is looking to lead them back to the NCAA Tournament.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/22/18 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sophie Cunningham’s shy intro at Mizzou Madness.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1053868305474355200/pu/vid/1280x720/GSVAUQ5dm7zTUdRR.mp4

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/22/18 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1053868305474355200/pu/vid/1280x720/GSVAUQ5dm7zTUdRR.mp4

Laughing Laughing Laughing I hate that i love this kid Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 10/22/18 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing I hate that i love this kid Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Right! I wouldn’t mind seeing her play with the Wings.
Shades

PostPosted: 10/22/18 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Wait, weren’t you the Mabrey lover? You would pick Cunningham before Mabrey now? Shocked

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 10/23/18 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Wait, weren’t you the Mabrey lover? You would pick Cunningham before Mabrey now? Shocked

NO, both would bring different things to team, but Mabrey is the better player and would be a better fit next to Diggins-Smith.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/23/18 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

NO, both would bring different things to team, but Mabrey is the better player and would be a better fit next to Diggins-Smith.

Your speaking of our 2nd rd Pick right ? Not anywhere near #5

PostPosted: 10/24/18 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Your speaking of our 2nd rd Pick right ? Not anywhere near #5

Wings seem pretty set in the front court, if Johnson wants to be there, I think Shooting guard is the position they need a up grade on.
toad455

PostPosted: 10/24/18 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Problem for the Wings is they need a PG to cover for however long Diggins is out. Right now they have nobody. And there isn't a PG in this draft worth taking at #5. Maybe Faulkner from Chicago? Lindsay Allen from Vegas?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/24/18 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Problem for the Wings is they need a PG to cover for however long Diggins is out. Right now they have nobody. And there isn't a PG in this draft worth taking at #5. Maybe Faulkner from Chicago? Lindsay Allen from Vegas?

This _____________ X

Faulkner would be a great choice if she wasn't coming off another ACL tear so that would be moot . Lindsay Allen cant score & with Liz being a question mark id say we will need a Scoring PG . Possibly packaging Hill & Davis for Kelsey Mitchell ? Im just throwing names out of a hat ,nothing concrete as I Have not had time to deep dive into our team's situation as it seems it continues to get worse.

PostPosted: 10/24/18 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

This _____________ X

Faulkner would be a great choice if she wasn't coming off another ACL tear so that would be moot . Lindsay Allen cant score & with Liz being a question mark id say we will need a Scoring PG . Possibly packaging Hill & Davis for Kelsey Mitchell ? Im just throwing names out of a hat ,nothing concrete as I Have not had time to deep dive into our team's situation as it seems it continues to get worse.

Erica Wheeler and Cappie Pondexter for the 5?

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/24/18 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

This _____________ X

Shoot me in the head then ask me again . Mad

PostPosted: 10/25/18 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mizzou's Sophie Cunningham leads watch list for Cheryl Miller Award

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25075574/missouri-tigers-senior-sophie-cunningham-headlines-preseason-watch-list-cheryl-miller-award

Quote:
Cunningham is on the preseason watch list for the Cheryl Miller Award, honoring the nation's best small forwards in women's college basketball. The 6-foot-1 Cunningham was an All-SEC pick last season, as she averaged 18.5 points and 4.7 rebounds for the Tigers (24-Cool.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/26/18 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toad455,

An even bigger problem for us that you've mentioned is the fact that we don't have the right GM to deal with all the issues we have going on at this point, and moreso is the fact that he is not only the GM, but recently became a part owner of the team along with the other two....Greg Bibb is going nowhere anytime soon, so we will continue to be a one and done for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid!!!

Randy

PostPosted: 10/26/18 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

This _____________ X

I"m pretty sure the answer would be "Dial 911 before I d...."

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/27/18 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

This _____________ X

Whats Bria Hartley up to next summer ?

PostPosted: 10/27/18 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

This _____________ X

Trying out for the French national team.
root_thing

PostPosted: 10/27/18 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I think most Liberty fans would have been happy to trade Hartley for Powers, but Dallas management went for Tayler Hill instead.

PostPosted: 11/01/18 12:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Get to know Alanna Smith. She fits in a lot in three minutes.

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1057443442228264960/vid/1280x720/tEgiOsi0OfiIGgsR.mp4

PRballer

PostPosted: 11/01/18 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Get to know Alanna Smith. She fits in a lot in three minutes.

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1057443442228264960/vid/1280x720/tEgiOsi0OfiIGgsR.mp4

What a lovely young woman. Consider me a fan Smile and thanks for sharing

Shades

PostPosted: 11/01/18 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCowan, Brown and Gustafson remain hidden jewels in today's game

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-women/2018-11-03/womens-basketball-mccowan-brown-and-gustafson-remain-hidden-jewels

Quote:
"Aircraft Carrier”, it's one of his affectionate nicknames for 6-foot-7 senior Teaira McCowan. She is part of a trifecta of players who represent a rarity in basketball, whether in the NBA or the men's and women's college games: A traditional center that can dominate a game playing with their back to the basket.

Quote:
McCowan's imposing height and wingspan helped carry the Bulldogs to back-to-back appearances in the NCAA Tournament national championship game the past two seasons. She was an All-American last year after averaging 18.2 points, 13.9 rebounds and more than two blocks a contest.

Quote:
Schaefer and Bluder say there are many reasons why traditional centers aren't very prevalent anymore. They say it's simply hard to find a good 6-6 athlete who enjoys physical contact and will put in the time to learn the footwork and technical skills needed to play on the block.

Quote:
The trio of McCowan, Brown and Gustafson certainly stick to what works. The three have combined for 3,042 shots in their careers and have just one 3-point attempt between them.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/05/18 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2019 WNBA Draft Best Fits

https://www.barberschairdigital.com/blog-posts/2018/8/17/2019-wnba-draft-best-fits

This was published back in Aug 2018, before the WNBA was over and before the final draft order was determined. He did his best to project a draft order. Here I’m supplying his “best fit” and first line of analysis. The full analysis is worth checking out.

Quote:
Indiana Fever
Te’Aira McCowan
6’7” | Pivot | MS State
Affectionally labeled Goof Troop during the early days in Starkvegas by critical fans, McCowan has done the work to shed the label, become a realistic All-America candidate with a ceiling unlike anything the SEC has produced since Candace Parker.

Quote:
New York Liberty
Kalani Brown
6’7" | Pivot | Baylor
The late addition of Marissa Coleman likely was the cherry on top of a team too talented for an already distracted first year Katie Smith.

Quote:
Chicago Sky
Asia Durr
5’10” | Combo | Louisville
Another confident shot creator to add to a talented group that flourished the second half of the seasons.

Quote:
Las Vegas Aces
Napheesa Collier
6’1” | Wing | Connecticut
Let it be known, many players make sacrifices when entering the UConn modus operandi but Phees’ best years are ahead of her.

I’m left wondering if he has Collier as “best fit” for LV because he didn’t anticipate them having the #1 pick. It’s probably best just to look at this as mostly a draft ranking.

Quote:
Dallas Wings
Arike Ogunbowale
5’8” | Combo | Notre Dame
Aerial Powers lost favor for reasons unknown.

He goes on to throw Allisha Gray under the bus and speculate about Diggins going to Indy.

Quote:
Phoenix Mercury
Jessica Shepard
6’4” | Pivot | Notre Dame
A championship pretender before Sancho Lyttle’s injury, the Mercury are another team that would benefit with replacing everyone that wasn’t a regular starter at some point.

Quote:
Minnesota Lynx
Brianna Turner
6’3” | Pivot | Notre Dame
Brianna Turner can’t be too disappointed with life right now.

Well at least it’s a post player.

Quote:
Connecticut Sun
Sophie Cunningham
6’1” | Wing | Missouri
A peer heard this idea & simply replied “that’s sick!” By golly, it is. That’s even considering Bria Holmes adding another layer to this team next season.

Quote:
Los Angeles Sparks
Katie Lou Samuelson
6’3” | Wing | Connecticut
Yes. Being very selfish. Lou is a personal fav....

Apparently a little homerism at work here.

Quote:
Washington Mystics
Eziyoda Magbegor
6’4” | Swing | Australia
The greatest enigma to the casual fan yet the prospect with the highest ceiling.

Quote:
Atlanta Dream
Kitja Laksa
6’0” | Wing | South Florida
This might be another name that surprises versus those missing but Laksa is pro-ready & likely has been stymied some by the college setting/being a good teammate.

I’m pretty meh on her after her performance at World Cup. She’d have to step up big time to sway me to go that high.

Quote:
Seattle Storm
Marina Mabrey
5’11” | Combo | Notre Dame
Another of glove-like fits. Marina gets a senior season to show the world that she’s a much more capable ball handler than was given credit prior to the natty champ run.

I love this “fit”. I’m for anything that might help SEA return to the norm.

Last edited by Shades on 11/06/18 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 15 of 74

Jump to: