RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Which classic sitcom would you like to see return

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1153



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/17/18 11:53 am    ::: Which classic sitcom would you like to see return Reply Reply with quote

With all the old sitcoms being rebooted with their original casts (Will & Grace, Roseanne, Murphy Brown), which classic sitcom would you like to see rebooted next? Either with it’s original cast, or an all new cast playing the original characters. And why?


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17633



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/17/18 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Golden Girls reboot? Though there was Lost in Cleveland that was oddly similar.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1153



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/17/18 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Golden Girls reboot? Though there was Lost in Cleveland that was oddly similar.


That Cleveland show sucked though. I was watching Golden Girls this morning and those actresses are so iconic in those roles, I don’t know if anyone else would be able to play them.

I think a Three’s Company reboot would be fun. Although it’s not really risqué for a single guy to live with a couple of single girls anymore. And I don’t know how the, Jack is pretending to be gay bit would work because everyone is gay now a days. Lol.


StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 10294
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/17/18 2:09 pm    ::: Re: Which classic sitcom would you like to see return Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
With all the old sitcoms being rebooted with their original casts (Will & Grace, Roseanne, Murphy Brown), which classic sitcom would you like to see rebooted next? Either with it’s original cast, or an all new cast playing the original characters. And why?


None. Leave well enough alone.

Reboots of popular series pale in comparison to the original and usually flop after one or two seasons.



_________________
"The more I see of the moneyed classes, the more I understand the guillotine." -- George Bernard Shaw
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57516
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/17/18 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Carter Country" should be remade as "Trump Country"



_________________
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab your vial
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1153



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/17/18 3:00 pm    ::: Re: Which classic sitcom would you like to see return Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
With all the old sitcoms being rebooted with their original casts (Will & Grace, Roseanne, Murphy Brown), which classic sitcom would you like to see rebooted next? Either with it’s original cast, or an all new cast playing the original characters. And why?


None. Leave well enough alone.

Reboots of popular series pale in comparison to the original and usually flop after one or two seasons.


I agree actually. But there’s more to come. I heard they are rebooting the facts of life with new cast and new characters. Also heard they’re rebooting bewitched but with an African American cast.


Richard 77



Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 3839
Location: Lake Mills, Wisconsin


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/17/18 3:12 pm    ::: Re: Which classic sitcom would you like to see return Reply Reply with quote

None. Reboots show that Hollywood is cheap and running out of ideas as it is cheaper to reboot a former show rather than pay a creator money with a new idea/concept.



_________________
If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4386



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/17/18 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While there are some of the reboots that I have watched or will watch, I actually don't think they should keep doing this.

Roseanne was a classic sitcom and between a terrible new season and the disaster that was Roseanne's tweeting, the show is forever tainted.

So it is time to leave well enough alone.
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1153



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/18/18 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
While there are some of the reboots that I have watched or will watch, I actually don't think they should keep doing this.

Roseanne was a classic sitcom and between a terrible new season and the disaster that was Roseanne's tweeting, the show is forever tainted.

So it is time to leave well enough alone.


I rather enjoyed the new season of Roseanne. It was certainly better than the last 2 seasons of the original series. But even still, the new season wasn’t nearly as good as the show was in it’s earliest years.

The new Will & Grace was pretty good too and looks to be even better this coming season. With Murphy Brown, never really liked that show to begin with. So we’ll see how that one goes. It’s just going to be one Trump joke after another, which is fine, because he’s a joke and the show will have tons of material, but it’ll get old fast.


calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3076
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/18/18 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The one show I would like to see as a reboot is Square Pegs. This was both a classic concept of likeable but awkward high school students plus a very good lesson for youngsters. And most people probably don't have strong recollections of the original so if done correctly (by using some more current storylines) it wouldn't come off as stale.


Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4386



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/18/18 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:


I rather enjoyed the new season of Roseanne. It was certainly better than the last 2 seasons of the original series. But even still, the new season wasn’t nearly as good as the show was in it’s earliest years.

The new Will & Grace was pretty good too and looks to be even better this coming season. With Murphy Brown, never really liked that show to begin with. So we’ll see how that one goes. It’s just going to be one Trump joke after another, which is fine, because he’s a joke and the show will have tons of material, but it’ll get old fast.


I will give you that the 9th season of Roseanne was bad, but the new season was just not all that funny to me. I watched it all but it was more because I wanted to see if they were going to do anything FUNNY, but I was mostly disappointed.

I was not a Will & Grace fan so I never watched the new series. I will be checking out Murphy Brown, but I'm leery to be sure.
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4386



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/18/18 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Double Post

Last edited by Youth Coach on 09/19/18 5:55 am; edited 2 times in total
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5082
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/18/18 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't watched a sitcom since Cheers. It would be possible to recreate that show, but the cast would be very difficult to measure up to.

I suppose "classic" sitcom is a function of one's age, so the five classics to my recollection are: I Love Lucy, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, Our Miss Brooks, The Life of Riley, and Amos 'n Andy. The first two shows would be impossible to recreate because the main characters were themselves, real people. While there was a lot more de facto discrimination in the early 1950's, yet incongruously, there was also a lot less identity politics and a much greater cultural sense of humor. It would be impossible today to reboot Amos 'n Andy, popular on radio since the 1920's, ragging subtly on homosexuality:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/griMGY-JLvo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11178
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart), whilst on my way to Oregon!


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/18/18 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
It would be impossible today to reboot Amos 'n Andy, popular on radio since the 1920's, ragging subtly on homosexuality:

Who'd WANNA reboot that crap Shocked ? IFF that was in any way innuendo at gay love, it was pretty far-fetched and ill-conceived. Laughing

One of my all-time faves was The Andy Griffith Show....love to see a reboot of THAT, set in small-town south in 2018. Cool



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners! Oregon: Go Ducks!


Last edited by Howee on 09/19/18 9:12 am; edited 2 times in total
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16467
Location: cidade maravilhosa


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/19/18 2:42 am    ::: Re: Which classic sitcom would you like to see return Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
None. Reboots show that Hollywood is cheap and running out of ideas as it is cheaper to reboot a former show rather than pay a creator money with a new idea/concept.


i agree, but there's also a nostalgia for the "good old days," fueled by our current discontent, at once collective and diverse ("make america great again" is just one manifestation). hollywood has picked up on that. so i think it's some of both.

i'd like to see a modern "all in the family," which could examine how tolerances have evolved, regressed, mutated; how technology has divided us generationally (is that a word?) and diminished social courtesies; and how globalization has changed our world view(s) and behavior. among other things.

i was just talking recently with some folks about how my generation was the first to really consider overseas travel seriously, beyond dream vacations to paris or some "exotic" locale. my generation's parents didn't travel abroad, and as a kid i remember folks talking about my older cousin only in terms of her location: "she lives in spain." (that's all anyone said about her or knew about her.) it was like saying, "she has six fingers on each hand." but kids today (gee, did i really say that?) think nothing of globetrotting, spending part of a year here, a month there, and not worrying about a steady job or owning a house or (if they'll even have) social security. international travel is just another routine thing to do. that's something we didn't have.

anyway, an "all in the family" reboot, whether with whomever's still alive or a new crew, would be interesting. it'd be interesting to see rob reiner in archie's role, see how he's changed.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6808



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/20/18 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

One of my all-time faves was The Andy Griffith Show....love to see a reboot of THAT, set in small-town south in 2018. Cool


That was a good show and so different from the dialog and pace on today's shows. I read an interview with Andy Griffith and he said that that show, although technically set in the 1960's, actually tried to capture what it was like to live in a small town like that in the 1930's.


FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 1049



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/21/18 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No reboots. My all-time favorite show was The X-Files, and the last 2 rebooted seasons, even with the same core cast members, were a big disappointment.


Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4386



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/21/18 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
No reboots. My all-time favorite show was The X-Files, and the last 2 rebooted seasons, even with the same core cast members, were a big disappointment.


I didn't even bother watching the second reboot season.
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1153



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/23/18 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
No reboots. My all-time favorite show was The X-Files, and the last 2 rebooted seasons, even with the same core cast members, were a big disappointment.


I loved the X-Files original run. The first reboot season was good, but I didn’t bother watching the 2nd what so ever. Enough with that sow already.


taropatch



Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 516
Location: Kau Rubbish Dump


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/25/18 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
i'd like to see a modern "all in the family," which could examine how tolerances have evolved, regressed, mutated; how technology has divided us generationally (is that a word?) and diminished social courtesies; and how globalization has changed our world view(s) and behavior. among other things.


Hands down the best sit-com ever and ahead of their time. It was the 60's when they brought the topics of rape, menopause and ED into our living rooms. I can't imagine anyone replacing Edith and Archie. In Election of 2016, we know who Archie would've voted for as he yells at Mike and Gloria, "For heaven's sakes, she's a woman!"


Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4386



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/25/18 6:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:


Hands down the best sit-com ever and ahead of their time. It was the 60's when they brought the topics of rape, menopause and ED into our living rooms. I can't imagine anyone replacing Edith and Archie. In Election of 2016, we know who Archie would've voted for as he yells at Mike and Gloria, "For heaven's sakes, she's a woman!"


Ummm...small correction. The show started in January 1971, not the 1960s.
taropatch



Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 516
Location: Kau Rubbish Dump


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/26/18 2:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
taropatch wrote:


Hands down the best sit-com ever and ahead of their time. It was the 60's when they brought the topics of rape, menopause and ED into our living rooms. I can't imagine anyone replacing Edith and Archie. In Election of 2016, we know who Archie would've voted for as he yells at Mike and Gloria, "For heaven's sakes, she's a woman!"


Ummm...small correction. The show started in January 1971, not the 1960s.


Thank you YC. '71 - '79. Those years seemed like yesterday.


sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16467
Location: cidade maravilhosa


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/26/18 4:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
Quote:
i'd like to see a modern "all in the family," which could examine how tolerances have evolved, regressed, mutated; how technology has divided us generationally (is that a word?) and diminished social courtesies; and how globalization has changed our world view(s) and behavior. among other things.


Hands down the best sit-com ever and ahead of their time. It was the 60's when they brought the topics of rape, menopause and ED into our living rooms. I can't imagine anyone replacing Edith and Archie. In Election of 2016, we know who Archie would've voted for as he yells at Mike and Gloria, "For heaven's sakes, she's a woman!"


and at the same time, it was a precursor to seinfeld's "show about nothing." like it was yesterday, i remember the argument mike and gloria had about her new wig - he insisting that she wear it in bed, and she countering that the wig allowed him to have an affair without cheating on his wife. and to this day, swear to god, when i hesitate over whether to put both shoes on before i tie them or put one on and tie it before i do the other shoe, i think of that hilarious bit with archie and mike debating the merits of each method.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4386



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/26/18 6:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:

and at the same time, it was a precursor to seinfeld's "show about nothing." like it was yesterday, i remember the argument mike and gloria had about her new wig - he insisting that she wear it in bed, and she countering that the wig allowed him to have an affair without cheating on his wife. and to this day, swear to god, when i hesitate over whether to put both shoes on before i tie them or put one on and tie it before i do the other shoe, i think of that hilarious bit with archie and mike debating the merits of each method.


The show had so many great scenes and dialogue. The episode with Sammy Davis Jr. was priceless.

I also liked the scene where Gloria was ranting at Archie about how many people had been killed by handguns and Archie fired back, "Would it make you feel any better if they'd been thrown out of windows?"

Hell, even the scene where Edith blathers on about cling peaches had me rolling in laughter.
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5082
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/26/18 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I recall Saturday night on CBS in the 1970's as the all-time peak experience of prime time comedy viewing. Never missed it for years. Many spinoffs from, and characters in, these shows became famous themselves.

8:00 - All in the Family
8:30 - The New Dick Van Dyke Show, M.A.S.H., Bridget Loves Bernie, The Jeffersons
9:00 - The Mary Tyler Moore Show
9:30 - The Bob Newhart Show
10:00 - The Carol Burnett Show
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1153



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/26/18 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All in the Family would be great to reboot right now because we’re in the age of Trump. What better than to showcase a disgusting bigot, sexist and racist blowhard man when there is also one in the Oval Office right now.


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1153



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/26/18 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I recall Saturday night on CBS in the 1970's as the all-time peak experience of prime time comedy viewing. Never missed it for years. Many spinoffs from, and characters in, these shows became famous themselves.

8:00 - All in the Family
8:30 - The New Dick Van Dyke Show, M.A.S.H., Bridget Loves Bernie, The Jeffersons
9:00 - The Mary Tyler Moore Show
9:30 - The Bob Newhart Show
10:00 - The Carol Burnett Show


Bridget Loves Bernie? Never heard of it.


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5082
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/26/18 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
I recall Saturday night on CBS in the 1970's as the all-time peak experience of prime time comedy viewing. Never missed it for years. Many spinoffs from, and characters in, these shows became famous themselves.

8:00 - All in the Family
8:30 - The New Dick Van Dyke Show, M.A.S.H., Bridget Loves Bernie, The Jeffersons
9:00 - The Mary Tyler Moore Show
9:30 - The Bob Newhart Show
10:00 - The Carol Burnett Show


Bridget Loves Bernie? Never heard of it.


It was cancelled after one season even though it had very high ratings. Wikipedia says it's the highest rated show ever to get cancelled after only one season, presumably because of controversy over the mixed religious marriage plot. I once met the female star, Meredith Baxter (Birney), in a grocery store in Pacific Palisades.

CBS seemed to have the most difficult time filling the 8:30 time slot until The Jeffersons settled in. M.A.S.H., a giant hit, was only in the Saturday night slot for one season and then got moved all around weekly dial over the years.
StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 10294
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/26/18 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The All In The Family references in this thread is timely, not because of Trump, but because I've catching up on episodes of AITF's continuation of the show, called Archie Bunker's Place. It ran from 1979-1983, but I was in college then, and seldom watched any primetime TV in those days.

That show is now on the nostalgic Antenna TV cable channel network.

https://antennatv.tv/shows/

I have to say that I do like watching Archie Bunker's Place. In that one, Archie had left his foreman and cab driver jobs, and buys Kelsey's Bar and renamed it after himself. He would take on a Jewish partner named Murray Klein (played by Martin Balsam).

The show doesn't have the groundbreaking edge that AITF had, but I think the producers had realized that many taboos had been broken already. I would much rather watch that show instead of most sitcoms today.



_________________
"The more I see of the moneyed classes, the more I understand the guillotine." -- George Bernard Shaw
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1153



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/26/18 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They could re-make the Cosby Show minus a life-time serial rapist.


Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4386



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/26/18 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
The All In The Family references in this thread is timely, not because of Trump, but because I've catching up on episodes of AITF's continuation of the show, called Archie Bunker's Place. It ran from 1979-1983, but I was in college then, and seldom watched any primetime TV in those days.

That show is now on the nostalgic Antenna TV cable channel network.

https://antennatv.tv/shows/

I have to say that I do like watching Archie Bunker's Place. In that one, Archie had left his foreman and cab driver jobs, and buys Kelsey's Bar and renamed it after himself. He would take on a Jewish partner named Murray Klein (played by Martin Balsam).

The show doesn't have the groundbreaking edge that AITF had, but I think the producers had realized that many taboos had been broken already. I would much rather watch that show instead of most sitcoms today.


Sadly, only the first season is available on DVD.
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16467
Location: cidade maravilhosa


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/27/18 4:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
I recall Saturday night on CBS in the 1970's as the all-time peak experience of prime time comedy viewing. Never missed it for years. Many spinoffs from, and characters in, these shows became famous themselves.

8:00 - All in the Family
8:30 - The New Dick Van Dyke Show, M.A.S.H., Bridget Loves Bernie, The Jeffersons
9:00 - The Mary Tyler Moore Show
9:30 - The Bob Newhart Show
10:00 - The Carol Burnett Show


Bridget Loves Bernie? Never heard of it.


mary tyler moore (chuckles the clown) * sigh! *
carol burnett (gone with the wind skit, w/burnett snatching curtains down to wear as a dress . . . "just something i saw in the window" . . . * sigh! * i wanted to be a comedian like carol burnett when i grew up.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16467
Location: cidade maravilhosa


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/27/18 4:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okay, y'all made me do this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TJny78bpsgo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

seems i forgot the exact script . . .
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eTKhw-v5h2I" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
no justice, no peace.
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1153



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/27/18 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
okay, y'all made me do this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TJny78bpsgo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

seems i forgot the exact script . . .
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eTKhw-v5h2I" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>


The Carol Burnette Show is probably the funniest show in the history of television. I just wish they’d release every episode uncut and un-edited on DVD or Blu-ray. Most people don’t even remember that the show was originally 1 hour in length.


StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 10294
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/30/18 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another sitcom making a comeback after being initially cancelled by ABC a year ago is Last Man Standing, starring Tim Allen. It is being revived on the Fox network and shown on Friday nights.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2018/09/27/tim-allen-last-man-standing-returns-fox/1435614002/



_________________
"The more I see of the moneyed classes, the more I understand the guillotine." -- George Bernard Shaw
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18373



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/30/18 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Kate McKinnon could star in a show like Carol.

Her humor style reminds me of women in that time period.



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
Admiral_Needa



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 9632
Location: Tiburon, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/03/18 1:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote


    Night Court? Razz Arrow
    <iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x5d2zoh&start=484" allowfullscreen allow="autoplay"></iframe> Laughing



_________________
2002 WNBA Virtual GM Overall Winner
2006 WNBA Triple Threat Overall Winner
2007 NBA ESPN Fast Break Overall Winner
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1153



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/03/18 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
Another sitcom making a comeback after being initially cancelled by ABC a year ago is Last Man Standing, starring Tim Allen. It is being revived on the Fox network and shown on Friday nights.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2018/09/27/tim-allen-last-man-standing-returns-fox/1435614002/


🤮


Richard 77



Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 3839
Location: Lake Mills, Wisconsin


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/03/18 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would say no to Night Court. The show was fresh and original, and the characters are classic. Night Court is best left untouched.



_________________
If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4386



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/03/18 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
I would say no to Night Court. The show was fresh and original, and the characters are classic. Night Court is best left untouched.


I agree. And with Harry Anderson having died, it really makes no sense anyway.
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1153



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/05/18 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought Night Court was an unwatchable mess.


Richard 77



Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 3839
Location: Lake Mills, Wisconsin


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/09/18 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
I thought Night Court was an unwatchable mess.



I disagree. It had its low points, all shows do, but you can't forget some of the classic characters and guests.

John Astin as Harry's father. "I'm feeling much better now."

Yakov Smirnoff as Yakov Korolenko.

Mel Torme as himself and Harry's guardian angel.

And who can forget Brent Spiner and Annie O'Donnell and Bob and June Wheeler?



_________________
If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin