Board Junkies Forums

FIBA Women's World Cup 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDHoops

PostPosted: 10/01/18 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MrCam wrote:
toad455 wrote:
There's no way Ndour can guard Cambage. Liz will have a field day against her.

Bench Min Pts FG 2Pts 3Pts FT OREB DREB
Astou NDOUR 16:35 11 4/6 2/4 2/2 1/2 0 2
67% 50% 100% 50%

REB AST PF TO STL BLK +/- EFF
2 0 2 0 0 4 -2 14

So far, Ndour has made fools out of us both.

LOL Mr. Cam, your Ms. Aja the MVP didn't even make FIBA Top 5 All Star whereas Emma was. Aja wasn't even one of the top 5 on her team.....she looked like on average Jane ON TEAM USA! Only against the cupcakes does she put up decent stats..

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/01/18 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
LOL Mr. Cam, your Ms. Aja the MVP didn't even make FIBA Top 5 All Star whereas Emma was. Aja wasn't even one of the top 5 on her team.....she looked like on average Jane ON TEAM USA! Only against the cupcakes does she put up decent stats..

Cupcakes? You mean cupcakes like Breanna Stewart, Brittney Griner, Elizabeth Cambage, Chiney Ogwumike and Candace Parker, against all of whom she put up monster numbers in the WNBA, home of the best women's basketball in the world? Those cupcakes?

I mean, damn you for putting me in the position where I have to stand on the same side of an issue as that obnoxious tool, but you're all the way wrong on this: Wilson's performance relative to those players on other national teams was entirely a function of usage. Nothing more, and nothing less. Meeseman isn't putting up those numbers on a team where she doesn't have to average 15 shots a game, as the focal point of an offense, and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
SDHoops

PostPosted: 10/01/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Cupcakes? You mean cupcakes like Breanna Stewart, Brittney Griner, Elizabeth Cambage, Chiney Ogwumike and Candace Parker, against all of whom she put up monster numbers in the WNBA, home of the best women's basketball in the world? Those cupcakes?

I mean, damn you for putting me in the position where I have to stand on the same side of an issue as that obnoxious tool, but you're all the way wrong on this: Wilson's performance relative to those players on other national teams was entirely a function of usage. Nothing more, and nothing less. Meeseman isn't putting up those numbers on a team where she doesn't have to average 15 shots a game, as the focal point of an offense, and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

What I mean is Aja puts up decent numbers on Team USA when they are playing exhibition games or blowouts..but in the big games where they could actually use her, she hasn't been much of a factor. I'm not even mentioning the WNBA, I thought this was a FIBA thread..

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/01/18 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im too lazy to find out but i wouldnt be suprised if Wilson took more shots per 36 min then Emma. Whenever Wilson was in the game(group games for sure) Usa made her the go to player in the paint.

But yeah Wilson has really impressed me with her rookie season and she put up great numbers against other great posts

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
MrCam

PostPosted: 10/01/18 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
[quote=
I mean, damn you for putting me in the position where I have to stand on the same side of an issue as that obnoxious tool,

SO, you were a military office clerk.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/01/18 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
MrCam

PostPosted: 10/01/18 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

What I mean is Aja puts up decent numbers on Team USA when they are playing exhibition games or blowouts..but in the big games where they could actually use her, she hasn't been much of a factor. I'm not even mentioning the WNBA, I thought this was a FIBA thread..

Name GP MPG PPG EFF EFFPG PM PMPG

26. Bec Allen (AUS)‎ 6 22.0 8.8 65.0 10.8 60.0 10.0
Diana Taurasi (USA)‎ 6 21.9 12.2 65.0 10.8 62.0 10.3
A'Ja Wilson (USA)‎ 6 14.8 10.0 65.0 10.8 56.0 9.3

If you are going to try and demean A'ja Wilson as a player, by means
demean Diana Taurasi as well. But then again, I do not believe that
you have the intellectual discipline or honesty to render an objective analysis.

MrCam

PostPosted: 10/01/18 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Im too lazy to find out but i wouldnt be suprised if Wilson took more shots per 36 min then Emma. Whenever Wilson was in the game(group games for sure) Usa made her the go to player in the paint.

But yeah Wilson has really impressed me with her rookie season and she put up great numbers against other great posts

And while we are at, When will Holland qualify for the Olympic
Basketball Tournament for both men and women? It would be
quite interesting to see what kind of basketball players Holland
can develop.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/01/18 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MrCam wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

can develop.

Wow you are something else.. Thats like me asking what the USA have accomplished at soccer Rolling Eyes

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
MrCam

PostPosted: 10/01/18 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
MrCam wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

can develop.

Wow you are something else.. Thats like me asking what the USA have accomplished at soccer Rolling Eyes

I have already stated in one or two previous posts that Team USA
SUCKS DONKEY BALLS in soccer. However, Holland has NO excuses
for not even QUALIFYING for the 2018 World Cup. And Germany has
TEN times the shame than Oranje has for CRASHING out of the World
Cup after their dominant run to the World Cup Title in 2014. Now, chew
on that and tell me how it tastes
Laughing

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/01/18 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:

Even limiting the discussion to FIBA, you're still comparing apples and bananas. Wilson was the ninth woman in an eight-woman rotation; her production was exactly where it should have been. She still shot 52.5 percent from the field, and had good efficiency and +/-, relative to her usage rate.

If you're going to compare Wilson to someone on Belgium, you have to compare her to someone whose role on that team was comparable to hers, and that wouldn't be Emma Meeseman, it would be Jana Raman. Meeseman averaged just under fifteen shots a game for Belgium: nobody on USAB shot as many as twelve. It's completely disingenuous to compare the production of those two players, as if they had the same responsibilities to their respective team's offenses.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/01/18 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MrCam wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
[quote=
I mean, damn you for putting me in the position where I have to stand on the same side of an issue as that obnoxious tool,

SO, you were a military office clerk.

Another swing and a miss... Loud, wrong, and obnoxious about it; if nothing else, you stay on brand.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 10/01/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MrCam wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Name GP MPG PPG EFF EFFPG PM PMPG

26. Bec Allen (AUS)‎ 6 22.0 8.8 65.0 10.8 60.0 10.0
Diana Taurasi (USA)‎ 6 21.9 12.2 65.0 10.8 62.0 10.3
A'Ja Wilson (USA)‎ 6 14.8 10.0 65.0 10.8 56.0 9.3

If you are going to try and demean A'ja Wilson as a player, by means
demean Diana Taurasi as well. But then again, I do not believe that
you have the intellectual discipline or honesty to render an objective analysis.

Yeah, don't come on this board and bash other players and attempt to pick them apart because you are the one who can't give props objectively. A'ja this, A'ja that...I'm not hating..I'm just saying, you have her down as the best post player in the world and it's not even close....she has a ways to go.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 10/01/18 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oops careful you have released the McAja hounds LMAO pretty obvious where the BOLD typing was going

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/01/18 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
MrCam wrote:
toad455 wrote:

67% 50% 100% 50%

2 0 2 0 0 4 -2 14

I don't think A'ja would be too happy with MrCam. He put quite the jinx on her with his big statements. She was almost a negative for her team in the important stages of the tournament.
(Not that that changes what an impressive first WNBA season she had, but it sure highlighted some differences between club and international ball)

PostPosted: 10/01/18 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She even came up with the one kind of travel that they actually seemed to want to call. My god the walking in this tournament...

PostPosted: 10/01/18 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah I saw some three step Euro step-thrus. They're pretty if allowed.

- Amanda Gorman
ClayK

PostPosted: 10/02/18 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Remember the definition of a foul/violation: When the ref blows the whistle.

PostPosted: 10/02/18 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
MrCam wrote:
toad455 wrote:

67% 50% 100% 50%

2 0 2 0 0 4 -2 14

LOL @ you FOOL!!!

Silky strikes again. Read what this man wrote about about
A'ja. The written comments on A'ja reflects EXACTLY what
Silky said.

http://www.fiba.basketball/news/the-players-and-coaches-who-impressed-me-most-at-the-fibawwc

Read it and then send him a tweet telling him that you LOL @ his
opinions. But remember one thing, he is a PAID & PUBLISHED
basketball sports journalist. Who pays YOU for your rantings?
What recognized sports/basketball entity employs YOU for
your basketball "knowledge". So, put the crack pipe down &
pipe down.

Randy

PostPosted: 10/02/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

BTW myrtle. Season ended Aug 19. You must be getting close to your 30 days. Or maybe even surpassed it.... Smile

MrCam

PostPosted: 10/02/18 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
MrCam wrote:
toad455 wrote:

67% 50% 100% 50%

2 0 2 0 0 4 -2 14

I don't think A'ja would be too happy with MrCam. He put quite the jinx on her with his big statements. She was almost a negative for her team in the important stages of the tournament.
(Not that that changes what an impressive first WNBA season she had, but it sure highlighted some differences between club and international ball)

http://www.fiba.basketball/news/the-players-and-coaches-who-impressed-me-most-at-the-fibawwc

And the OPALS still only have ONE FLUKE World Title!!!

MrCam

PostPosted: 10/02/18 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
MrCam wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Kangaroo Riders? Is that something new at Six Flags? I don't know what that is?

Do you do stand-up locally?

This sentence is missing a subject.

Quote:
The Aussies.

Doesn't the Australian NT already have a nickname?

The Opals.

I guess you can call the author a hater, no Meesseman?

Shades

PostPosted: 10/02/18 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MrCam wrote:

The bolding is nice for occasional emphasis of an important point, but unbolded text is much easier to read, especially if you have a lot to say.

I think this article emphasized players he didn’t expect to do well in the tournament. He knew Meesseman would do well, as well as Stewart, Taurasi, Cambage, Torrens, etc. Meesseman had just recently won Euroleague tournament MVP. No surprise she did well in World Cup.

This author is the same guy who was saying WNBA GM’s were fools to not take Vadeeva above whatever American college player, even Wilson. I think he had Musina up there ridiculously high too. So he wasn’t exactly glowing about her then, and adding her to this article just meant he wasn’t expecting a great performance, but he is relenting now to save some face.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
MrCam

PostPosted: 10/02/18 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
MrCam wrote:

The bolding is nice for occasional emphasis of an important point, but unbolded text is much easier to read, especially if you have a lot to say.

I think this article emphasized players he didn’t expect to do well in the tournament. He knew Meesseman would do well, as well as Stewart, Taurasi, Cambage, Torrens, etc. Meesseman had just recently won Euroleague tournament MVP. No surprise she did well in World Cup.

This author is the same guy who was saying WNBA GM’s were fools to not take Vadeeva above whatever American college player, even Wilson. I think he had Musina up there ridiculously high too. So he wasn’t exactly glowing about her then, and adding her to this article just meant he wasn’t expecting a great performance, but he is relenting now to save some face.

"Shades"

Your assessment is excellent.

It was not my intent to present Paul Nilsen as the end all and be
all of International Basketball analysis. Because when he wrote
this article:

https://www.bluestarmedia.org/europeans-mocking-the-wnba-2018-draft-as-it-underlines-the-lack-of-global-game-view-stateside/

I could not believe the level of STUPIDITY contained in that article.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58fRV2Wn3KI

Is this FINAL, A'ja Wilson kicked Vadeeva's ass with a 55 gallon
drum of industrial grade whup-ass. And A'ja did it in RUSSIA!!!

Vadeeva and Wilson BOTH had their rookie WNBA seasons in

But in Vadeeva's rookie WNBA season, what did you accomp-
lish? NOTHING!!! - She was a BENCH WARMER.

Russia FAILED to qualify for the FIBA Women's Basketball World
Cup 2018. WHY??? Russia placed NINTH in FIBA EuroBasket Wo-
men 2017. Vadeeva's stats in EFF http://www.fiba.basketball/eurobasketwomen/2017/qualifiers/playerstats

Paul Nilsen's praise means that Vadeeva should have carried
Russia at least to THIRD place, but NINTH????

Interesting article for those interested in FIBA's future scheduling
plans for Women's Nationals Teams

https://www.bluestarmedia.org/fibawwc-whats-next/

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/02/18 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MrCam, why the unnecessary vitriol? We get that you're passionate and that you're a big fan of America ... and you have valuable insights.

So why tarnish your message with the personal insults?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: