RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Best Individual Player In The World?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Would cote as the best player in the world at this moment?
Britney Griner
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maya Moore
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Alba Torrens
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Diana Taurasi
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Liz Cambage
35%
 35%  [ 19 ]
Emma Messeman
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Breanna Stewart
35%
 35%  [ 19 ]
Elene Delle Donne
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Aja Wilson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kia Nurse
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 54

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/29/18 5:18 pm    ::: Best Individual Player In The World? Reply Reply with quote

Regardless of league or team speaking today and today only. Who would you vote as the best player in the world RIGHT NOW?

PostPosted: 09/29/18 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are you saying the best player in the World Championships? Or the best player in the world alive now, whether they played anywhere today or not? It seems that all of the ones listed except Maya Moore played in the WC.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/29/18 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Natasha Howard may be the most dominant superstar in the WNBA right now and may go down as the greatest player/winner in WNBA history after she likely leads her team to 11 titles. I demand that Cheryl Reeve be banned from the state of Minnesota forever (it is awfully suspicious that she finally decides to want to make the Finals when part of a team that has Stewart/Bird/Loyd on it, and no Maya Moore/Fowles/etc. Further proof she hates Minnesota!) as her brainwashing the state of Minnesota into accepting mediocrity/not wanting to win/wanting other teams to win instead of her own is likely going to lead to a future in which when Minnesota gets overran quickly during the Second Civil War as Minnesota, not wanting to hurt their enemies' feelings by winning, gave away all their top soldiers and decided not to try to win when the West Coast Army comes in for attack. So in the future Minnesotans will all be slaves shipped to plantations across the world to grow coffee for the residents of Seattle, all thanks to nobody having had the guts to stop Reeve and her reign of terror over Minnesota before it was too late!

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/29/18 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Breanna Stewart most of the time, Brittney Griner when she wants to be.

PostPosted: 09/29/18 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya Moore.

PostPosted: 09/29/18 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Breanna Stewart most of the time, Brittney Griner when she wants to be.

Candace cough cough Parker

By the 2022 World Cup, A'ja [Candace Parker without the perimeter

shooting] will be the foundation & clearly the best player on Team USA,

WNBA, the World.

Liz Cambage has but two events left to build her legacy. Tomorrow and

the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. She must win GOLD in BOTH events to even

be considered in the same breath as Lauren Jackson. After 2020, she will

FADE quickly as a player. And the Kangaroo Riders do not have anyone

that can even begin to replace her.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/29/18 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Are you saying the best player in the World Championships? Or the best player in the world alive now, whether they played anywhere today or not? It seems that all of the ones listed except Maya Moore played in the WC.

I had an option for someone else but it didnt list. I will attempt to edit sorry. But its the best individual player right now today . meaning body of work throughout the entire year .

PostPosted: 09/29/18 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's Liz.

At least until EDD fully recovers Twisted Evil

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/30/18 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Natasha Howard may be the most dominant superstar in the WNBA right now and may go down as the greatest player/winner in WNBA history after she likely leads her team to 11 titles. I demand that Cheryl Reeve be banned from the state of Minnesota forever (it is awfully suspicious that she finally decides to want to make the Finals when part of a team that has Stewart/Bird/Loyd on it, and no Maya Moore/Fowles/etc. Further proof she hates Minnesota!) as her brainwashing the state of Minnesota into accepting mediocrity/not wanting to win/wanting other teams to win instead of her own is likely going to lead to a future in which when Minnesota gets overran quickly during the Second Civil War as Minnesota, not wanting to hurt their enemies' feelings by winning, gave away all their top soldiers and decided not to try to win when the West Coast Army comes in for attack. So in the future Minnesotans will all be slaves shipped to plantations across the world to grow coffee for the residents of Seattle, all thanks to nobody having had the guts to stop Reeve and her reign of terror over Minnesota before it was too late!

Seriously. Will you just stop? You are ruining this board.

Will moderators do something about this??

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/30/18 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Seriously. Will you just stop? You are ruining this board.

Will moderators do something about this??

Yeah I think I need to.

Space, at the very least, keep the tired shtick to where it is vagely relevant.
Don't derail other threads with it. Some people here might actually like to discuss the actual topic of the thread.

PostPosted: 09/30/18 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think that, when health, the answer is DelleDonne. If I was team captain of a Space Jam style game against the aliens, she would probably be my first pick. The thing that makes her different than Cambage or Griner is that she can create for herself. You don't need someone to get her the ball and she can play all over the court.

Cambage might be more dominant in her role, but her role is more limited.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/30/18 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of course it depends on what you mean by "best player," but if you take that to mean which individual would have the greatest impact on a team/game/season, I think it has to be Cambage. Now Stewart may be a "better player" in that she can do more things, but in terms of determining who wins, a fully engaged Cambage can dominate at both ends, and there's really nothing much that can be done to stop her.

Always a tough question, and always a fun debate ...

PostPosted: 09/30/18 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I think that, when health, the answer is DelleDonne. If I was team captain of a Space Jam style game against the aliens, she would probably be my first pick. The thing that makes her different than Cambage or Griner is that she can create for herself. You don't need someone to get her the ball and she can play all over the court.

Cambage might be more dominant in her role, but her role is more limited.

I agree, when EDD is in top health. As of this year, Stewart is coming on strong right on EDD's tailpipe and Maya Moore seems to have fallen behind with a sputtering engine.
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/30/18 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Of course it depends on what you mean by "best player," but if you take that to mean which individual would have the greatest impact on a team/game/season, I think it has to be Cambage. Now Stewart may be a "better player" in that she can do more things, but in terms of determining who wins, a fully engaged Cambage can dominate at both ends, and there's really nothing much that can be done to stop her.

Even after seeing her impact on Dallas' record this season?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/30/18 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People seem to value defence to quite varying degrees too, which keeps the list a little longer than it otherwise would be

PostPosted: 09/30/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you find yourself needing to add qualifiers like “if healthy”, “if engaged”, “if she wants it”, that player most likely will never be considered the best player in the world. How about going by actual accomplishments?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/30/18 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
If you find yourself needing to add qualifiers like “if healthy”, “if engaged”, “if she wants it”, that player most likely will never be considered the best player in the world. How about going by actual accomplishments?

Well the poll does specifically ask "at the moment" so I don't see how past accomplishments are relevant.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/30/18 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
People seem to value defence to quite varying degrees too, which keeps the list a little longer than it otherwise would be

Is the list longer than 3 names?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/30/18 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

It's the one thing that keeps Griner in the discussion and the one thing that gives me a little pause about DelleDonne.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/30/18 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

It's the one thing that keeps Griner in the discussion and the one thing that gives me a little pause about DelleDonne.

IMO, Brit’s offense is severely underrated. She’s one of the most skilled offensive posts in league history.

She’s not a banger though.

I’m interested in what she does next season. I saw a change in her this playoffs.

PostPosted: 09/30/18 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

IMO, Brit’s offense is severely underrated. She’s one of the most skilled offensive posts in league history.

I’m interested in what she does next season. I saw a change in her this playoffs.

But she isn't better offensively than some of the other players on the list - EDD, Cambage, etc.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/30/18 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

But she isn't better offensively than some of the other players on the list - EDD, Cambage, etc.

I think she’s more skilled offensively than Cambage, but Liz is more efficient.

EDD is the best there though, IMO. It’s just hard to go with her because she’s not ever healthy.

PostPosted: 09/30/18 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ill take this years Stewart over a healthy EDD.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ClayK

PostPosted: 10/01/18 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
ClayK wrote:

There are five players on the court, plus the coach ... no individual, no matter how exceptional, can be held responsible for team records, which is one reason why I think measuring a player's achievements by championships just makes no sense. JaVale McGee has two; so is he a better player than Nikola Jokic? And Rebekkah Brunson has five -- is she the best player in WNBA history? Has she ever even been in the discussion for MVP?

PostPosted: 10/01/18 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
ClayK wrote:

There are five players on the court, plus the coach ... no individual, no matter how exceptional, can be held responsible for team records, which is one reason why I think measuring a player's achievements by championships just makes no sense. JaVale McGee has two; so is he a better player than Nikola Jokic? And Rebekkah Brunson has five -- is she the best player in WNBA history? Has she ever even been in the discussion for MVP?

Which is why I have to pick DelleDonne. She is not only the best individual player on the court, she can create success in a way that Cambage can't. She had less of a supporting cast than Cambage and yet her team made the finals. Her skill set is less dependent on other players to carry a team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: