RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Kavanaugh Hearings: This is a good spoof
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/28/18 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The GOP is a disgrace, as anyone with a sense of decorum, decency, and patriotism knows.

Kavanaugh won the day? Maybe with the dupedplorables. Anyone else can see that the guy is not worthy of sitting as a judge in a chili contest, let alone on the SC.

Charging a leftwing conspiracy- and invoking the magical name of "Clinton"- the be all/end all for the aforementioned morons- while refusing to call for an impartial FBI investigation, as anyone with nothing to fear from the truth would- indicates this man doesn't have the temperament, integrity, or impartiality a SC judge should possess.

PostPosted: 09/28/18 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It puts a smile on my face every time left-wing fascism is soundly defeated Laughing

justintyme

PostPosted: 09/28/18 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Equating Brett Kavanaugh to Emmitt Till is beyond disgusting. Don't forget that Ford is telling the truth as the polygraph demonstrates. And that this is not about him getting sent to prison, but rather not getting a job that there are other qualified candidates for.

But the mental gymnastics that people want to go through to disbelieve Ford's testimony for political reasons (or just the old not believing assault accusations) is troubling. Just when I start to think we have come a long way since Thomas and Clinton and that we wouldn't let that shit fly today, I am shown otherwise.

PostPosted: 09/28/18 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Equating Brett Kavanaugh to Emmitt Till is beyond disgusting. Don't forget that Ford is telling the truth as the polygraph demonstrates. And that this is not about him getting sent to prison, but rather not getting a job that there are other qualified candidates for.

But the mental gymnastics that people want to go through to disbelieve Ford's testimony for political reasons (or just the old not believing assault accusations) is troubling. Just when I start to think we have come a long way since Thomas and Clinton and that we wouldn't let that shit fly today, I am shown otherwise.

Last I checked, both men were accused of rape without a shred of evidence. Mental gymnastics is believing a two-question polygraph that is inadmissible in any court of law for good reason. She cried during the test which is a proven method to defeat such a test. Mental gymnastics is believing what you want to believe regardless of the evidence brought forward, and from the sworn affidavits of her own witnesses who refute her claims. You have picked sides because you are aligned with Democrats. I would be interested in evidence. Since no hard evidence will ever be produced, there are only two people who know the truth, and you are not one of them. If his confirmation is denied by a vote, I would be fine with that.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/28/18 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nm

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 09/28/18 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/28/18 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Wow you have to watch the women that have him cornered in an elevator. Live on CNN now.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/28/protesters-jeff-flake-tell-me-my-sex-assault-doesnt-matter/1453736002/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 09/28/18 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Republicans may be complaining now, but this 1-week delay could be a real gift. Here's why:

1) An FBI investigation will most likely turn up no evidence of rape.
2) Ford and Swetnick have already given sworn affidavits under penalty of law. If they change their story now, there's a problem. If the FBI finds evidence that they lied, there's a problem.
3) The Democrats will never be able to complain that the confirmation was rushed before an investigation could be done, which means that they will never be able to "anger" people into voting for Democrats in November.
4) None of the witnesses or the accused are required to cooperate or even talk to the FBI.

However, I believe this delay is just so that they could get more "victims" to come forward, to delay the vote until after the midterms, which they believe that they are going to win.

Howee

PostPosted: 09/28/18 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Equating Brett Kavanaugh to Emmitt Till is beyond disgusting....

Last I checked, both men were accused of rape without a shred of evidence.

Last I checked, ONE of them was truly innocent AND not vying for a seat on the nation's highest law of the land. No one is dangling Brett's life over his head, simply questioning the validity of having a liar on the court. Your Deplorabiity is, as always, Truly First Class. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/28/18 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Equating Brett Kavanaugh to Emmitt Till is beyond disgusting....

Last I checked, both men were accused of rape without a shred of evidence.

Last I checked, ONE of them was truly innocent AND not vying for a seat on the nation's highest law of the land. No one is dangling Brett's life over his head, simply questioning the validity of having a liar on the court. Your Deplorabiity is, as always, Truly First Class. Laughing

I love the "no evidence", ignoring the polygraph and the doctors notes, the notes being considered high end evidence by investigators.

Comparing that to someome who had admitted lying is just dumb.

PostPosted: 09/28/18 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The GOP wimps (Collins, Murkowsky, Flake) have now got their cover- a "limited in scope", less-than-a-week FBI investigation.

PostPosted: 09/28/18 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
However, I believe this delay is just so that they could get more "victims" to come forward, to delay the vote until after the midterms, which they believe that they are going to win.

Proof you don't understand procedure.

PostPosted: 09/28/18 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here’s the best spoof. A masterful work of editing that should lighten the mood.

https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/e041316a0b1725fef930c4116f3bb4cc/5BB14C30/t50.2886-16/42269662_2138988763085809_2778259785089286144_n.mp4

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/28/18 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Body language expert's take on BK. The body language expert had more examples, this is just a few.

Quote:
"His tears can show that he is absolutely innocent, but I have seen in my work throughout the years that people that are 'caught' cry because they feel like victims of circumstances."

Quote:
"This belligerent personality and range of emotions are particularly unsettling," says Wood, who also analyzed Kavanaugh's Fox News interview with Martha MacCallum on Tuesday.

Quote:
"He said at one point he didn't do anything of a 'sexual nature' to Dr. Ford," notes Wood. "Was he redefining some action he took as 'non-sexual' and was he saying he didn't do anything to the adult Dr. Ford because when she was the 15 she had a different last name? One of the reasons I think this is relevant is that he is known for judging by the 'letter' of the law," she added, referring to the fact that he could argue a technicality should he be accused of perjuring himself. "The other reason is that I have seen this technique used so often by liars."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/brett-kavanaugh-apos-body-language-133700859.html

Quote:
She found that the amount of time he spends on his good-behavior statements — when he talks about church, friends, and school — far outweighs how long he dedicates to denials. "Normally an innocent person wants to spend a lot of time denying what happened," she says. "They want to make sure you know they didn’t do it. They don’t change the subject to another part of their life and talk about going to church."

tfan

PostPosted: 09/28/18 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

During the Anita Hill/Clarence Thomas there was this frustrating opinion that people gave - they both are not only giving testimony that the speaker believes to be true, but that they are both telling the truth. And now we are getting it again. No one seems to want to believe that you can sit in front of Congress and lie, even when you are giving answers that appear to be rehearsed, coached, and evasive.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/28/18 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
I take back my previous comment. I made it after seeing Dr. Ford but before seeing Kavanaugh's appearance for myself in its entirety. I had anticipated, as had been predicted, that he would stick to safe denial talking points as per his previous statements of the last week. I think the fire and emotion he brought was very convincing and politically well played. As good as she was, I think he won the day and he'll be ending up on the SCOTUS. I also would not characterize this guy as a sociopath or his response to these charges as sociopathic.

I think we're about this >< far away from needing a new U.S. constitution, one that better protects this process and also our election systems. Because we're seriously shredding any last semblance of integrity our government processes still have. And by integrity I don't mean moral integrity I mean functional integrity. Like you might worry about the integrity of a patched tire. This is badly badly broken shit here and it's the process by which we appoint supreme court justices. Just look at what happened to Merrick Garland, Obama's pick. The people need a system that anticipates everything we saw then and now and self-protects from things that we haven't even seen yet.

We’re a republic.

A republic is ruled by the law. It doesn’t work if our elected officials ignore the law.

PostPosted: 09/28/18 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just watched Liz Fisher on CNN.

She pretty much said that BK was lying in his testimony when he was talking about not drinking to excess. She said that she knew him well and never knew him to have a weak stomach like he claimed.

This guy is just not SCOTUS material. His temperament is that of a two year old.

I would think that you would be on your best behavior when in front of a senate committee. That you would be respectful to the senators. Especially when you want them to hire you! He was rude, petulant, and, in general, a prick.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/28/18 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don Lemon just said that Maryland's legal drinking age had gone up to 21 when BK was a junior in high school.

BK said that the legal age was 18.

Quote:
In a Fox News interview on Monday, Kavanaugh said, “Yes, there were parties. And the drinking age was 18. And yes, the seniors were legal.”

http://time.com/5409564/brett-kavanaugh-drinking-age-maryland/

How many other things has he lied about/forgotten? That alone should disqualify him for SCOTUS.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/28/18 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What the FBI investigation could reveal
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1045695393533775873/vid/1280x720/q1DNvsfxvSANmXem.mp4

tfan

PostPosted: 09/28/18 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Don Lemon just said that Maryland's legal drinking age had gone up to 21 when BK was a junior in high school.

Quote:
In a Fox News interview on Monday, Kavanaugh said, “Yes, there were parties. And the drinking age was 18. And yes, the seniors were legal.”

How many other things has he lied about/forgotten? That alone should disqualify him for SCOTUS.

I saw it posted that the drinking age went to 21 in the summer after Kavanaugh's junior year. So the statement the seniors could drink legally is not a lie as long as he is referring to "the seniors above me in grade". What they could have gotten him on is the fact that he drank illegally throughout high school and through most of college. When he arrived at Yale the drinking age was 20 and went to 21 before he was 20. So in his freshman, sophomore and until February of his junior year, he was drinking illegally in college. I say if you blatantly break the law, you don't get to be a judge.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/29/18 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QbJgtZbU8LU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rykhala

PostPosted: 09/29/18 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Initiating the FBI investigation after Kavanaugh was voted out of committee is like putting on your shoes and then deciding that you need to wear socks, so you just pull them on over your shoes. The farce continues.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/29/18 4:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Quote:

I saw it posted that the drinking age went to 21 in the summer after Kavanaugh's junior year. So the statement the seniors could drink legally is not a lie as long as he is referring to "the seniors above me in grade". What they could have gotten him on is the fact that he drank illegally throughout high school and through most of college. When he arrived at Yale the drinking age was 20 and went to 21 before he was 20. So in his freshman, sophomore and until February of his junior year, he was drinking illegally in college. I say if you blatantly break the law, you don't get to be a judge.

Quote:
The legal age in that state was raised to 21 on July 1, 1982; Kavanaugh did not turn 18 until Feb. 12, 1983.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/29/18 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Quote:
The legal age in that state was raised to 21 on July 1, 1982; Kavanaugh did not turn 18 until Feb. 12, 1983.

Yes, I wasn’t trying to say otherwise, but in my opinion that doesn’t make Kavanaugh’s statement a lie. He said (no doubt pre-written and rehearsed): “The seniors could drink legally”. That was a partially true statement (only at some point if they turned eighteen in the school year) for 3 of his 4 years. It can be argued that he was trying to suggest he drank legally as a senior but he didn’t explicitly say that, and more important, he wasn’t yet a senior or 18 when the party Ford refers to took place. So what he did his senior year doesn’t apply to this charge. So I think he has wiggle room on that one.

I think his main goal was to minimize his illegal high school drinking - most students in that day had been able to do it legally sometime in their senior year right up until the day before the alleged party Ford describes, so he is suggesting that him doing it at 17 wasn’t that bad - just “a little premature”.

But he lied about the yearbook slang (devil’s triangle, boofing, why he ralphed, Renate Alumni), he lied about his drinking habits, and he lied about what other people said about the party. “The event never happened” was not what they all said, despite him claiming it 3 times.

And somehow, the fact that a judge knowingly broke the law in high school and college by drinking underage, didn’t seem to get any concern.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/29/18 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It falls into the body language expert's comment that I posted above.

Quote:
"He said at one point he didn't do anything of a 'sexual nature' to Dr. Ford," notes Wood. "Was he redefining some action he took as 'non-sexual' and was he saying he didn't do anything to the adult Dr. Ford because when she was the 15 she had a different last name? One of the reasons I think this is relevant is that he is known for judging by the 'letter' of the law," she added, referring to the fact that he could argue a technicality should he be accused of perjuring himself. "The other reason is that I have seen this technique used so often by liars."

I think that he's an alcoholic. I have never heard him asked if he was nor have I ever heard him deny that he was. It just seems as if he likes beer a LOT and drinks a LOT of it! I guess that is something that would be revealed in a background/health check if they are allowed to do that.

tfan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Quote:

Yes, I wasn’t trying to say otherwise, but in my opinion that doesn’t make Kavanaugh’s statement a lie. He said (no doubt pre-written and rehearsed): “The seniors could drink legally”. That was a partially true statement (only at some point if they turned eighteen in the school year) for 3 of his 4 years. It can be argued that he was trying to suggest he drank legally as a senior but he didn’t explicitly say that, and more important, he wasn’t yet a senior or 18 when the party Ford refers to took place. So what he did his senior year doesn’t apply to this charge. So I think he has wiggle room on that one.

I think his main goal was to minimize his illegal high school drinking - most students in that day had been able to do it legally sometime in their senior year right up until the day before the alleged party Ford describes, so he is suggesting that him doing it at 17 wasn’t that bad - just “a little premature”.

But he lied about the yearbook slang (devil’s triangle, boofing, why he ralphed, Renate Alumni), he lied about his drinking habits, and he lied about what other people said about the party. “The event never happened” was not what they all said, despite him claiming it 3 times.

And somehow, the fact that a judge knowingly broke the law in high school and college by drinking underage, didn’t seem to get any concern.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/30/18 8:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Senate is moving forward despite a petulant partisan outburst by Kavanaugh in his testimony Thursday that ought to be disqualifying.

Quote:
Kavanaugh was not simply angry; he was unhinged. As unfairly as he thought he had been treated, as disappointed as he was at the unwillingness of senators to accept his choir-boy image of himself or fail to be awed by his sterling prep-school Ivy League pedigree, he might have spared us and himself an unseemly display of partisan venom wholly unbecoming a candidate for a job that requires at least the appearance of impartiality. That mask was stripped from Brett Kavanaugh. He revealed that he is capable of unrestrained wrath, a vengeful spirit, and a disqualifying inability to keep disagreement within acceptable bounds.

Quote:
This troubling episode was noted by Republican strategist Rich Galen, who wrote: “Judge Kavanaugh did not sound like, look like, or act like a Justice of the Supreme Court.”

Quote:
Was Kavanaugh momentarily possessed by emotions entirely alien to his basic nature? I doubt it. I think something came to the surface that warns us he might not be able to play it straight — and that he’s got an agenda that is incompatible with what we have every right to expect from someone who has our constitutional rights in his hands.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/09/28/brett-kavanaugh-senate-committee-vote-nomination-christine-blasey-ford-column/1454562002/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: