RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Kavanaugh Hearings: This is a good spoof
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/08/18 1:28 am    ::: The Kavanaugh Hearings: This is a good spoof Reply Reply with quote

A lot of work, very clever and witty, and sadly true.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wGO2fz1KlSc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/18/18 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dee dee dee doo doo doo dah dah dah

get the popcorn

PostPosted: 09/18/18 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What are the odds on:

- a public hearing
- a closed door hearing
- no hearing
- the Democrat senators boycotting whatever hearing

This politically scripted he-she-said about teen behavior 36 years ago will give more political cover for Democrat Senate candidates in red states to vote against Kavanaugh. His fate is now entirely in the hands of the Republicans -- three in particular: Flake, Murkowski and Collins.
Howee

PostPosted: 09/18/18 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
. His fate is now entirely in the hands of the Republicans -- three in particular: Flake, Murkowski and Collins.

No Corker factor? Shocked

PostPosted: 09/18/18 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
. His fate is now entirely in the hands of the Republicans -- three in particular: Flake, Murkowski and Collins.

No Corker factor? Shocked

You're right, add Liddle Bob. I just forgot him.

By the way, I didn't mean to suggest that the incident was politically scripted; I believe something did happen to the woman. What's obviously been scripted is the timing, the lawyer, the polygraph, and the leaking to the Washington Post -- maybe even without the woman's full understanding or agreement.
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 09/20/18 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

these asshole Republican Senate geezers can't die soon enough.

PostPosted: 09/20/18 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

They'll just find more to replace them!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/21/18 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I'm more opposed to him or the Senate Judiciary Committee and the way that this has been handled. With all of the refusal to even hold hearings for Obama's nominee, the whole process is such a sham and really insulting to Americans.

Grassley is a disgrace to pretty much everything America should be.

IF BK is somehow approved, I hope that every senator that has a role in it is voted out at their next re-election.

Quote:
More Americans oppose than support the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, a new USA TODAY/Ipsos Public Affairs Poll finds, an unprecedented level of disapproval for a nominee to the nation's high court.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/21/poll-brett-kavanaugh-unprecedented-opposition-amid-christine-blasey-ford-assault-claim/1374835002/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 09/21/18 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

They'll just find more to replace them!

The unfortunate truth.

Wink

PostPosted: 09/24/18 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's hoping that he's finally toast.

Quote:
Avenatti told reporters he has been hired by a former employee of both the State Department and the US Mint who has information of a sexual nature about Kavanaugh and his high school friend Mark Judge.

“It will relate to how they behaved at countless house parties,’’ Avenatti said.

Avenatti also told reporters the woman, whom he did not name, has multiple security clearances and will “literally risk her life’’ by coming forward. He called her “100 percent credible,’’ saying she has multiple witnesses to corroborate her story and would be willing to take a polygraph if Kavanaugh does as well.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/24/brett-kavanaugh-avenatti-third-accuser-emerge-48-hours/1416699002/

tfan

PostPosted: 09/25/18 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kavanaugh just "over-denied". He claimed in an interview that he was a virgin in high school, suggesting that should demonstrate that he wouldn't pull a girl into a room at a party and sexually assault her.

Someone said that if Kavanaugh was confirmed that would make 3 Supreme Court justices with sexual allegations against them. I know one is Clarence Thomas, but don't know who the other judge is.

According to the Stormy Daniels lawyer, there is another (third) person who is going to say something about both Kavanaugh and the other guy in the room - Judge - and how they behaved at parties.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/25/18 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Kavanaugh just "over-denied". He claimed in an interview that he was a virgin in high school, suggesting that should demonstrate that he wouldn't pull a girl into a room at a party and sexually assault her.

I thought the same thing. Just because you're a virgin until well after college, as he intimated, doesn't mean that you're innocent of sexual assault. And if what Avenatti is hinting at in the article linked in my previous post is true, well there's a level of hell waiting for him and his buddy Judge.

A local congressional race has one candidate's ad stating that the other worked for a DC lobbying firm. The second candidate comes back with "I've never lobbied a day in my life." Dude, you can work for a school and never taught. Work for a law firm and never tried a case. Work for a hospital and never treated a patient. Work for an airline and never flown a plane. Commit sexual assault and never placed your penis in another person.

How do these people make their way in to our government??

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/25/18 7:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This should be required reading for the senate judiciary committee. Not that it would make much difference in the end, but it might give them a restless night of sleep.

Quote:
Ford’s silence is the norm, not the exception, and has nothing to do with her veracity.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2018/09/25/christine-blasey-ford-silence-brett-kavanaugh-sexual-assault-survivors-column/1404670002/

Howee

PostPosted: 09/25/18 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

I thought the same thing. Just because you're a virgin until well after college, as he intimated, doesn't mean that you're innocent of sexual assault.....How do these people make their way in to our government??

Precisely. Just cuz he didn't 'succeed' with penetration in his assault, doesn't mean he didn't assault her. As disgusting as the assault is, the overriding problem here is his inability to own up to it, to take responsibility for it: LIARS DON'T MAKE GOOD JUDGES, ASSHOLE. But....as we know....LIARS do make good politicians.

PostPosted: 09/25/18 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

how sweet it would be if 2018 Kavanaugh faced the same kind of "personal" questions the 1998 Kavanaugh, on Ken Starr's team, insisted Clinton be asked.

PostPosted: 09/25/18 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
how sweet it would be if 2018 Kavanaugh faced the same kind of "personal" questions the 1998 Kavanaugh, on Ken Starr's team, insisted Clinton be asked.

Isn’t it funny, although probably not surprising, that..as it turns out..Clinton is the least shitty towards women from that era..

PostPosted: 09/25/18 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Isn’t it funny, although probably not surprising, that..as it turns out..Clinton is the least shitty towards women from that era..

1 woman accusing him of rape and 2 accusing him of sexual harassment certainly puts him at the low end of that era.

taropatch

PostPosted: 09/26/18 12:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

I thought the same thing. Just because you're a virgin until well after college, as he intimated, doesn't mean that you're innocent of sexual assault.....How do these people make their way in to our government??

Precisely. Just cuz he didn't 'succeed' with penetration in his assault, doesn't mean he didn't assault her. As disgusting as the assault is, the overriding problem here is his inability to own up to it, to take responsibility for it: LIARS DON'T MAKE GOOD JUDGES, ASSHOLE. But....as we know....LIARS do make good politicians.

SMH -- That Stanford swimmer never even got his pecker out and he went to jail for sexual assault. I think Brett should have skipped that interview.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/26/18 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Here's hoping that he's finally toast.

Quote:
Avenatti told reporters he has been hired by a former employee of both the State Department and the US Mint who has information of a sexual nature about Kavanaugh and his high school friend Mark Judge.

“It will relate to how they behaved at countless house parties,’’ Avenatti said.

Avenatti also told reporters the woman, whom he did not name, has multiple security clearances and will “literally risk her life’’ by coming forward. He called her “100 percent credible,’’ saying she has multiple witnesses to corroborate her story and would be willing to take a polygraph if Kavanaugh does as well.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/24/brett-kavanaugh-avenatti-third-accuser-emerge-48-hours/1416699002/

Julie Swetnick's sworn declaration. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-julie-swetnick-declaration-20180926-htmlstory.html#

Howee

PostPosted: 09/26/18 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Holy Shit! I can see why Donald is so PROUD of Brett. Cool

PostPosted: 09/26/18 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are now two more accusations against Kavanaugh. A guy in Rhode Island says he and a friend beat up Kavanaugh and Judge on a boat in Newport, Rhode Island in August 1985, because they brought some woman back there from a bar and raped her. He says he recognized Kavanaugh from his high school yearbook photo. Kavanaugh denies ever being in Newport, Rhode Island.

And a woman in Colorado says that her daughter was friends with a woman Kavanaugh was dating and she and another person witnessed Kavanaugh forcefully throw his up against a building after they all exited a bar. This was in Washington, DC in 1998.

Last edited by tfan on 09/26/18 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/26/18 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was sitting here wondering what the eight current justices think about all of the info coming out.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/27/18 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
I was sitting here wondering what the eight current justices think about all of the info coming out.

RBG answered that very question two weeks ago even before the 11th hour smears:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4749105/justice-ginsburg-supreme-court-confirmation-process
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/27/18 6:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4749105/justice-ginsburg-supreme-court-confirmation-process

So she's saying that a nominee to SCOTUS should require a 90%+ vote to be confirmed. Sounds good to me. Smile

To the "11th hour smears comment," how do you know that they are smears? Were you there with BK 24/7 during the early 80's?

I should have been more specific in my statement. Are they thinking "if this scumbag is confirmed there is no way I want to be associated with him?" Maybe, "do I want to be in a 5-4 decision with this perv?" "What will people think of anyone that is in a 5-4 decision with him." "Can we go back and do the 2016 election over?" "Is there a way WE can abolish the electoral college and go with the popular vote?"

Things like that.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/27/18 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

So she's saying that a nominee to SCOTUS should require a 90%+ vote to be confirmed. Sounds good to me. Smile

To the "11th hour smears comment," how do you know that they are smears? Were you there with BK 24/7 during the early 80's?

I should have been more specific in my statement. Are they thinking "if this scumbag is confirmed there is no way I want to be associated with him?" Maybe, "do I want to be in a 5-4 decision with this perv?" "What will people think of anyone that is in a 5-4 decision with him." "Can we go back and do the 2016 election over?" "Is there a way WE can abolish the electoral college and go with the popular vote?"

Things like that.

Oh, so you weren't actually asking a good faith question and looking for an informative answer. You were just asking a rhetorical question seeking another way to trash Trump and, simultaneously, to impute your preconceived opinion that Kavanaugh's reputation should be destroyed by completely uncorroborated allegations from 36 years ago. Well, that's your privilege.

Making believe your question was in good faith, RBG was saying in a reserved way that she detests the way partisan politics, including personal character assassination, have become the normative process for judicial nominations, instead of the former way of simply focusing on high quality legal experience, intellectual qualities and temperament. I'm sure every Supreme Court justice feels the same way. What she didn't say, but which is true, is that it is only the Democrats who have engaged in this sleazy, circus behavior vis-a-vis Republican nominees since 1987 -- motivated mainly by their religious cultism about Roe v. Wade. Democratic nominees have all been confirmed by Republican senators by reasonably large margins without any slanderous behavior or character attacks.

The Supreme Court by all accounts is a very cordial place as among the nine justices, and as far as I know, no one has had any difficulties in working with Clarence Thomas for 27 years, including RBG who has done so for about 25 years in many 5-4 decisions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: