TBD, probably around $990K

Player Status
Under contract
UFA
Reserved

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/19/18 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you for posting this information because every place I have searched only shows Dallas having two picks, one in the first round and one in the third, and I knew that didn't seem right!!!

toad455

PostPosted: 09/19/18 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hill's salary is ridiculous. Wouldn't be surprised if Glory goes elsewhere. George stays and Romero isn't brought back.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/19/18 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Hill's salary is ridiculous.

She was a 30mpg, 15ppg starter when she signed the contract - that's a max player in this league.

PostPosted: 09/20/18 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

She was a 30mpg, 15ppg starter when she signed the contract - that's a max player in this league.

But not when Dallas agreed to take that salary on.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/20/18 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

But not when Dallas agreed to take that salary on.

True, which is likely why they got a pick thrown in as well, and got her for only the cost of an underperforming player who wanted out. There's probably not a huge opportunity cost there. This is still a relatively cheap roster due to all the young players on it, although the comical overpaying of Plaisance doesn't help.

PostPosted: 09/20/18 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plaisance’s salary probably would have been fair had she played the whole season. That’s about how much I want Reeve to throw at Zahui as an RFA offer. Zahui’s getting paid by somebody next year. She always shows up, she’s durable, and she’s always been underutilized.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/20/18 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Thank you for posting this information because every place I have searched only shows Dallas having two picks, one in the first round and one in the third, and I knew that didn't seem right!!!

#17 would be their own second round pick. I don’t recall them dealing it.
#22 is the pick they got in the Powers trade.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/20/18 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised if Glory goes elsewhere.

Me neither. That’s why they’ll probably core her.

toad455 wrote:
George stays and Romero isn't brought back.

Will a draft pick be better than Romero? Maybe have Hill backing up the point? It’s not like you’d need a fulltime PG backing up Diggins.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/20/18 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Romero looked too small and too slow for the WNBA.

Allisha Gray is a 28.5% career 3 point shooter [29.9% - 2017, 27% - 2018] who seems to spend the bulk of her time on offense positioned at the three point line waiting for a pass.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/21/18 7:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She is only a second year player - she could improve so Wings would be foolish to give up on her. But if they do, I'd go for the the 11 pick for Gray.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/21/18 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
She is only a second year player - she could improve so Wings would be foolish to give up on her.

When have the Wings ever foolishly given up on a player too soon? They expect instant results even at the two hardest positions, PG and C.

Randy wrote:
But if they do, I'd go for the the 11 pick for Gray.

Won’t you need #11 as your replacement for Dantas? You already have Sykes as backup guard.

Asking Gray to be a role player would be quite humbling for her since she was basically handed the starting job.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/21/18 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We have Billings so Dantas is not vital, but at the right price she might be worth keeping. Or SNT is possible.

I could see Gray starting at the 3 until Angel is back. Angel moved Sykes to the bench and she didn't seem unhappy. I'm not sure I would do that trade anyway - but Wings fans seem down on K. Davis and Gray so maybe the Dream can buy low.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/02/18 6:43 pm    ::: New Head Coach Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09,

You always seem to be ten steps ahead of the rest of us in the Metroplex when it comes to D Wings information....Have you heard any rumors about the head coach situation, and which direction they may want to go in the draft/trades for the upcoming season?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/02/18 7:29 pm    ::: Re: New Head Coach Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09,

You always seem to be ten steps ahead of the rest of us in the Metroplex when it comes to D Wings information....Have you heard any rumors about the head coach situation, and which direction they may want to go in the draft/trades for the upcoming season?

Ive somewhat disconnected myself being a WFFL its better for my health during the off season Laughing . But Its been pretty dry since the disaster ending of last season from the information provided . I know we are still in contact with Liz while on the search for a coach in which im sure everyone is aware of. How that search is going i have no clue Embarassed

PostPosted: 10/02/18 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Durr's size is also up for debate...She's listed at 5'10 but appears to only be 5'8...Ogunbawale also avg more rebounds than Durr last season...5.4 to 3.1......However, as i've already said in a previous post.I would take Durr/Samuelson over Ogunbowale.

Bottom line, professionally and for Team USA duty, who has the most

upside? Durr, Ogunbowale, or Samuelson? Which of the three is the

most likely to make Team USA's 2022 FIBA Women's World Cup roster?

Samuelson is a scorer, nothing more. I think she has virtually NO leader-

ship abilities whatsoever. And it is telling that COLLIER was in the Team

USA camp instead of Samuelson. If Collier keeps developing, she just

might make Team USA's Tokyo roster in place of Morgan Tuck. Sadly,

Tuck was a WASTED roster spot.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/02/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MrCam wrote:

And it is telling that COLLIER was in the Team USA camp instead of Samuelson.

Samuelson was rehabbing from her ankle surgery. She’ll always be a candidate because of her UConn pedigree.

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/03/18 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think pedigree has much to do with it: KLS is a world-class shooter, and has enough size and athleticism to be an adequate defender. Given the inside strength of the U.S., the most attractive defensive option is a zone, but KLS, like EDD, is a big-time zone buster.

Sure, she may not be one of the 12 best players, but I think she's part of the best 12-person roster.

PostPosted: 10/03/18 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I don't think pedigree has much to do with it: KLS is a world-class shooter, and has enough size and athleticism to be an adequate defender. Given the inside strength of the U.S., the most attractive defensive option is a zone, but KLS, like EDD, is a big-time zone buster.

Sure, she may not be one of the 12 best players, but I think she's part of the best 12-person roster.

And from the day that Breanna entered the WNBA, the best
UCONN player has been Collier, PERIOD. Give me Collier every-
day all day over KLS. Collier is the Swiss Army Knife of basketball.
She is a much more complete player than KLS.

I believe that Diana Taurasi has the best shooting stroke in Women's
basketball. Can anyone dispute that and name a current player that
has a better shooting stroke/mechanics?

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 10/03/18 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh boy.. there always has to be someone who needs to use lies to try and make others think they are not a hater.

KLS was 1 of 3 college players included in the National Roster but she was not cleared for contact and probably the only college player that could of filled the role of shooting wing that USA needed due to her accuracy and size as Clay pointed out.

Trying to compare Collier to KLS is not going to work as KLS has been used by Geno all over the court and Geno uses her as such due to her size, versatility and IQ.

Collier is an undersized forward who has played the majority of her minutes around the basket because that has been her niche and she used her hustle to grab boards and finish well around the basket.

The problem for Uconn this year is the loss of Gabby who was also used to facilitate the offense. Uconn could use another player besides KLS and Crystal to take on that roll. It will probably be Williams.

My worry watching Collier during USA was her shooting form as it did not look as good as last year and she was even having trouble with her free throws. I understand that her trainer changed her shot, so I just hope this is just a blip.

Re leadership, another lie as KLS was one of the leaders last year, she constantly talks with Geno giving input as to what will and will not work. Plus she leads by example as she played the majority of last year with torn ligaments and a tendon along with throwing up in the Flou game, when some players can’t suit up with a cold.

Re another lie, Morgan Tuck made the USA team as she could shoot from the outside which none of the other candidates could demonstrate and she has a higher IQ.

rickybobby

PostPosted: 10/03/18 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone that is trying to trash a 6'3" player, who can play in the back court and also the front court, with range and accuracy shooting, 3 to 1 assist to turnover ratio, can rebound when uccon needs her to, and can switch from guard to post on defense, and clearly has Geno's trust is CRAZY.

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/03/18 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MrCam wrote:
ClayK wrote:

But even if true -- and I'm neither buying or selling on that one -- it doesn't mean that KLS isn't a better fit on a USA National team. Collier might be able to a lot of things pretty well, but KLS does at least one thing on a world-class level, and that one thing may make her a better fit on a 12-woman roster than a player who does five things well but not world-class well.

It's odd that I would say this, given that I chose Ali Patberg over KLS as the MaxPreps High School Player of the Year when both were seniors, but Samuelson is a special shooter, and since you win the game by scoring the most points, that's a pretty important skill.

PostPosted: 10/03/18 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

since you win the game by scoring the most points, that's a pretty important skill.

But not the most important skill, right? What happens on off shooting nights?

Quote:
“Offense sells tickets, defense wins games, rebounding wins championships.”
— Pat Summitt

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/03/18 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

since you win the game by scoring the most points, that's a pretty important skill.

But not the most important skill, right? What happens on off shooting nights?

Quote:
“Offense sells tickets, defense wins games, rebounding wins championships.”
— Pat Summitt

Cliches are not necessarily accurate descriptions of reality. The Golden State Warriors were 19th in NBA rebounding.

As for off shooting nights, most teams generally lose -- unless they have enough shooters so that the odds are someone is always shooting well.

PostPosted: 10/03/18 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
MrCam wrote:
ClayK wrote:

But even if true -- and I'm neither buying or selling on that one -- it doesn't mean that KLS isn't a better fit on a USA National team. Collier might be able to a lot of things pretty well, but KLS does at least one thing on a world-class level, and that one thing may make her a better fit on a 12-woman roster than a player who does five things well but not world-class well.

It's odd that I would say this, given that I chose Ali Patberg over KLS as the MaxPreps High School Player of the Year when both were seniors, but Samuelson is a special shooter, and since you win the game by scoring the most points, that's a pretty important skill.

ClayK: "but KLS does at least one thing on a world-class level"

KLS has excellent shooting percentages but that only begs the question.

Geno would recognize a "world-class" shooter, correct? IF she is what you

say she is, then why this:

1. 3,036 Maya Moore, 154 games, 2007-11 - 19.7

2. 2,676 Breanna Stewart, 152 games, 2012-16 - 17.6

3. 2,346 Tina Charles, 152 games, 2007-10 - 15.4

33. 1,339 KLS, 82 games, 2015-18 16.3

Total Points

2015-16 300
2016-17 600
2017-18 439

World Class shooters do not see a 27% REDUCTION in their
scoring from one season to the next. Why don't we'll just
wait until she enters the WNBA and lets see if she can rep-
licate A'ja's rookie season.

After three seasons @ UCONN, KLS is 33rd on the all
time UCONN scoring list with 1,339 points @ 16.3 points
per game.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/hc-uconn-women-1000-point-scorers-0126-20170125-story.html

https://herosports.com/colleges/sports/womens-basketball/katielou-samuelson-stats

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/players/45884/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 5 of 44

Jump to: