RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Las Vegas Aces 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cooper2009

PostPosted: 09/04/18 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

THIS! I feel like a post rotation of Wilson/Harrison/McCowen/Park/Swords may not win you a championship next season but would make the playoffs and could make a little bit of noise. The following season is when I think they could be finals bound with Wilson/McCowen/Harrison/Park improving and telling downlow.

You would also have a well developed guard core of McBride/Plum/Jefferson/Allen?

It’s the 3 position that’s shakey imo. Young did great this season for the team, I’m just not sure if I trust the consistency. I like both Nared and Coffey. Coffey was looking good earlier in the season before she went out. I look to see her more improved and healthy.

I so enjoy this team and wish somehow Bill could get Thornton from Dallas to go along with this young group. She could play the 3....

TRADE SCENARIO TIMEEE!!

Jefferson and Young to Dallas for Thornton and #5

Although I like Jefferson I think her or Plum end of leaving somehow anyway so may as well be now so we can develop other talent. Plum won the starting spot last year and although I think Jefferson can/will be awesome if one has to leave today it would be her. If I were Dallas i’d also ask for Harrison..if I’m the Aces I settle for giving up Swords.

This would give Vegas the number 1 and 5 pucks in a draft I think isn’t deep with stars but has good complimentary pieces which is what a team like this needs. With her faults, Plum is a very good and improving point guard with the potential to be elite given time to continue maturing. This season she averaged 9.5 ppg 4 ast 2 rb while shooting fg/3pt/ft 46/43/87% respectively. Literally averaging a little over 1 turnover a game. She had bigger scoring games toward the end of the season showing she’s more than capable but needs to show consistency. She will be fine. McBride is a legit star already and combined with Wilson and the emergence of Plum make for an offensively solid big 3. They just need a “starting” young defensive wing with “scoring potential” to complete the perimeter. They don’t have to be a huge 3 threat because Plum and McBride already are but just be solid at 34-39 percent. Also, a post who excels at rebounding and putbacks. If McCowen’s rebounding/height/aggressiveness translates I think she’ll be fine.

Dallas needs Cambage to return, Stevens to get stronger, and Glory to remember her game as a PF and they’re fine in the post. With Young and Christmas they have a solid 3 rotation that shows no let up right now. Diggins-Smith needs a backup pg and they get a starting caliber one in Jefferson. She also can play alongside Skylar and Gray if need be. Lucas needs this offseason to get healthy and in shape.

Dallas:
Diggins-Smith/Jefferson
Gray/Lucas
Young/Christmas
Johnson/Stevens
Cambage/Swords/George

Aces:
Plum/Allen
McBride/#5(Durr/Samuelson)
Thornton/Coffey/Nared
Wilson/Harrison
McCowen/Park/Bone(?)

I prefer finding somewhere else for Bone to play however. Durr/Samuelson/Cunningham/Collier all could be available at 5 and any of them would be good gets for this Vegas team.

PostPosted: 09/04/18 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:

THIS! I feel like a post rotation of Wilson/Harrison/McCowan/Park/Swords may not win you a championship next season but would make the playoffs and could make a little bit of noise.

The following season is when I think they could be finals bound with Wilson/McCowan/Harrison/Park improving and telling downlow.

Now you’re talking!

Cooper2009 wrote:
It’s the 3 position that’s shakey imo. Young did great this season for the team, I’m just not sure if I trust the consistency.

I so enjoy this team and wish somehow Bill could get Thornton from Dallas to go along with this young group. She could play the 3....

Why not just get Christmas for free? Christmas might come in February for Laimbeer this season. Getting assets for free is the key to building team wealth. Ask ATL and SEA.

Cooper2009 wrote:
TRADE SCENARIO TIMEEE!!

I suppose that’s not an unfair deal, but Dallas has plenty of reason to appreciate Thornton. Plus it’s one of the few key Bibb acquisitions. He might want to keep her around not only cuz she’s good and cheap right now, but she acts as sort of a badge for doing something right. Reeve now regrets not keeping Roger’s Howard badge. Wink

Cooper2009 wrote:
If I were Dallas i’d also ask for Harrison..if I’m the Aces I settle for giving up Swords.

How about giving up Bone instead? Swords has plenty of value as a mentor/coach-on-the-floor to the very young and very promising Aces frontline.

Cooper2009 wrote:
This would give Vegas the number 1 and 5 picks in a draft I think isn’t deep with stars but has good complimentary pieces which is what a team like this needs.

Not a bad draft to have both #1 & #5. But at the lottery show, Laimbeer did hint that they could use some more veteran talent. You want to make them even younger, thus emphasizing even more so the need to keep somebody like Swords.

Cooper2009 wrote:
If McCowan’s rebounding/height/aggressiveness translates I think she’ll be fine.

She’ll be more than fine.

Cooper2009 wrote:
Dallas needs Cambage to return

If she doesn’t return, they better keep their top pick and hope Myrtle can talk McCowan down to #5.

Cooper2009 wrote:
Stevens to get stronger

Stronger like Bonner?

Cooper2009 wrote:
Glory to remember her game as a PF and they’re fine in the post.

Dallas has got to remember to core Glory, which means Christmas is no guarantee to stay. She seems like she would like to stay at Dallas, but is Dallas going to try for a pay cut?

Cooper2009 wrote:
Lucas needs this offseason to get healthy and in shape.

Did you see that training video I posted? She’s a huge gym rat.

Cooper2009 wrote:
I prefer finding somewhere else for Bone to play however.

I already helped you out with that. Keep the Swords. Toss the Bone.

Cooper2009 wrote:
Durr/Samuelson/Cunningham/Collier all could be available at 5 and any of them would be good gets for this Vegas team.

Yeah, not too bad. Now we just have to convince Laimbeer that going even younger than they were last season isn’t so bad.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 09/16/18 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 09/04/18 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Y'all forgot Hamby. I'd keep her over Bone. Park and McCowan would have enough size. Harrison could pick up a few minutes at the 5 if need be.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/16/18 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isabelle Harrison apparently signed to play for Napoli this offseason, which is obviously a positive sign that she'll return to the WNBA.

PostPosted: 09/17/18 4:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McBride signed with UMMC. Good move for her and for the Aces.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 09/17/18 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Was it a good move for Maya last season? Not exactly the best move for the Lynx before this latest compact season. No camp, no rest. Maybe next season it wouldn’t be so bad. But we all know who isn’t going to UMMC in the upcoming season.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/17/18 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Was it a good move for Maya last season? Not exactly the best move for the Lynx before this latest compact season. No camp, no rest. Maybe next season it wouldn’t be so bad. But we all know who isn’t going to UMMC in the upcoming season.

The Aces are a young team unlike the Lynx. McBride is an upcoming player and she will benefit for playing at the biggest club overseas. Give her more responsibility there and it will help with the Aces.

The likes of Taurasi, Bird did it for years and years playing for UMMC, Spartak etc. so i dont know why Maya had a down year. She didnt play the whole season right? She replaced Taurasi during the year?

The year that Maya played for Ros Casares overseas, she did fine when she came back and played for the Lynx. Maybe she doesnt like the cold Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Skyfan22

PostPosted: 09/17/18 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:
Shades wrote:

THIS! I feel like a post rotation of Wilson/Harrison/McCowen/Park/Swords may not win you a championship next season but would make the playoffs and could make a little bit of noise. The following season is when I think they could be finals bound with Wilson/McCowen/Harrison/Park improving and telling downlow.

You would also have a well developed guard core of McBride/Plum/Jefferson/Allen?

It’s the 3 position that’s shakey imo. Young did great this season for the team, I’m just not sure if I trust the consistency. I like both Nared and Coffey. Coffey was looking good earlier in the season before she went out. I look to see her more improved and healthy.

TRADE SCENARIO TIMEEE!!

Although I like Jefferson I think her or Plum end of leaving somehow anyway so may as well be now so we can develop other talent. Plum won the starting spot last year and although I think Jefferson can/will be awesome if one has to leave today it would be her. If I were Dallas i’d also ask for Harrison..if I’m the Aces I settle for giving up Swords.

This would give Vegas the number 1 and 5 pucks in a draft I think isn’t deep with stars but has good complimentary pieces which is what a team like this needs. With her faults, Plum is a very good and improving point guard with the potential to be elite given time to continue maturing. This season she averaged 9.5 ppg 4 ast 2 rb while shooting fg/3pt/ft 46/43/87% respectively. Literally averaging a little over 1 turnover a game. She had bigger scoring games toward the end of the season showing she’s more than capable but needs to show consistency. She will be fine. McBride is a legit star already and combined with Wilson and the emergence of Plum make for an offensively solid big 3. They just need a “starting” young defensive wing with “scoring potential” to complete the perimeter. They don’t have to be a huge 3 threat because Plum and McBride already are but just be solid at 34-39 percent. Also, a post who excels at rebounding and putbacks. If McCowen’s rebounding/height/aggressiveness translates I think she’ll be fine.

Dallas needs Cambage to return, Stevens to get stronger, and Glory to remember her game as a PF and they’re fine in the post. With Young and Christmas they have a solid 3 rotation that shows no let up right now. Diggins-Smith needs a backup pg and they get a starting caliber one in Jefferson. She also can play alongside Skylar and Gray if need be. Lucas needs this offseason to get healthy and in shape.

Dallas:
Diggins-Smith/Jefferson
Gray/Lucas
Young/Christmas
Johnson/Stevens
Cambage/Swords/George

Aces:
Plum/Allen
McBride/#5(Durr/Samuelson)
Thornton/Coffey/Nared
Wilson/Harrison
McCowen/Park/Bone(?)

I prefer finding somewhere else for Bone to play however. Durr/Samuelson/Cunningham/Collier all could be available at 5 and any of them would be good gets for this Vegas team.

Oh my God Noooo! I had to move to a Dallas to escape Young! Do not send her here!

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/17/18 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:

TRADE SCENARIO TIMEEE!!

Dallas would be totally crazy to do this.

- Amanda Gorman
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/18/18 2:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My three Jefferson trade ideas

Jefferson to Seattle for #12 (LV doesn't have a second round pick and 12 will be useful. If Seattle isn't all in on Canada Jefferson was originally drafted by Hughes, has History with Stewart and another year from injury might be a closer to her old self).

Jefferson to NY for Rodgers (or Hatley) and #14 (Vegas gets a back up SG who Laimbeer has already worked with and a 2nd round pick that could get that 12th roster spot. NY gets a starting or back up PG to pair with Boyd, and frees up minutes at the 2 spot for Nurse, grab a big a #2 and Jefferson/Boyd, Nurse, Charles, #2/Stokes is at least a kind of core for the future).

Jefferson to Washington for Powers (Powers didn't really fit in Washington seem like the type of player Laimbeer could turn around can back up Young and maybe be a future starter at the SF spot, Toliver and Cloud can both play off the ball and on so Jefferson backing up Toliver could work well. Her experience with Stewart could be a good fit with EDD on the offensive end, seem kind of like a Mike T player.)

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 09/18/18 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IDK. By #12, the potentially team-changing centers are gone, and the draft is light on SF's this year. Rodgers, seriously? Powers is a maybe more useful possibility.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/18/18 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Most of those are close enough to nothing that I'd just keep Jefferson and see if you get more from her next year and her value goes up (either to Vegas themselves or as a trade chip). She's cheap for another year anyway and a deluxe backup point guard is pretty useful.

Maybe you get keener to trade her if it becomes clear that Ionescu's going to declare, but I'd want more value to make any move until then.

PostPosted: 10/15/18 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A'ja Wilson grows her game and brand in 2018

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24980825/las-vegas-aces-aja-wilson-grows-game-brand-2018

Quote:
Wilson is also expanding her endorsement portfolio, as she is joining Mountain Dew Ice's team of NBA players and becomes the first WNBA player to represent the soft drink. Wilson is excited about the opportunity because she feels it's an ad campaign that focuses on the person she is off court along with her athletic prowess.

Quote:
And she has felt support from NBA players, which is another reason she's appreciative of her partnership with Dew. The company also sponsors NBA stars such as Russell Westbrook and four of the top 10 players taken in the 2018 NBA draft: Marvin Bagley III, Jaren Jackson Jr., Collin Sexton and Kevin Knox.

Genero36

PostPosted: 10/15/18 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
A'ja Wilson grows her game and brand in 2018

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24980825/las-vegas-aces-aja-wilson-grows-game-brand-2018

Quote:
Wilson is also expanding her endorsement portfolio, as she is joining Mountain Dew Ice's team of NBA players and becomes the first WNBA player to represent the soft drink. Wilson is excited about the opportunity because she feels it's an ad campaign that focuses on the person she is off court along with her athletic prowess.

Quote:
And she has felt support from NBA players, which is another reason she's appreciative of her partnership with Dew. The company also sponsors NBA stars such as Russell Westbrook and four of the top 10 players taken in the 2018 NBA draft: Marvin Bagley III, Jaren Jackson Jr., Collin Sexton and Kevin Knox.

Congratulations to her. Can't help but think that in some way this is a reward for her fighting for a higher pay wage for her and her peers. Of course, being a "sky's the limit" talent doesn't hurt either.

PostPosted: 10/16/18 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mtn-dew-ice-gives-fans-access-to-the-coolest-players-and-the-hottest-pregame-events-to-celebrate-kia-nba-tip-off-2018-300731105.html

Shades

PostPosted: 10/30/18 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Loryn Goodwin and Tamera Young connection out in Israel.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/09/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A’ja Wilson returns home to rehab knee injury

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/article221448665.html

Quote:
Wilson signed with the Shanxi Flame and was leading the Chinese League in scoring averaging 37.3 points a game.

PostPosted: 11/10/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's just what you want to see...the league's future MVP getting hurt playing in some Chinese province that no one's ever heard of. I hope everyone who thinks the WNBA's pay structure is fine reads that article.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/10/18 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
That's just what you want to see...the league's future MVP getting hurt playing in some Chinese province that no one's ever heard of. I hope everyone who thinks the WNBA's pay structure is fine reads that article.

At least 65 million have heard of them since that’s the population.
They win a lot of championships. Maya has won with them.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/10/18 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have this theory that she’s been playing nonstop basketball for so long that maybe she’s using a minor sore knee ailment as an excuse to take a break for the holidays. If so, more power to her!

toad455

PostPosted: 11/10/18 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wilson should've taken a break this off-season. She's been going non-stop since last November.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/10/18 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Wilson should've taken a break this off-season. She's been going non-stop since last November.

Easy to say when you're not the one being offered 500k (or whatever) to play 3-4 months of basketball.

PostPosted: 11/10/18 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

At least 65 million have heard of them since that’s the population.
They win a lot of championships. Maya has won with them.

Multiple websites list the population as 32-35M. It could be one person or 4 billion, it doesn't change the fact that WNBA star players have to go overseas and play 12 months a year because league pay here is a pittance.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/10/18 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nobody "has" to play overseas. They chose to do it. If what they make in 4 months of the WNBA is a pittance, somebody give me a pittance. What's your solution for more pay in the WNBA?

shontay33

PostPosted: 11/10/18 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nobody "has" to play overseas. They chose to do it. If what they make in 4 months of the WNBA is a pittance, somebody give me a pittance. What's your solution for more pay in the WNBA?

Keep in mind that those salaries are before taxes and not after taxes. You can make 36,000 dollars a year according to your company but that is not what you really bring home. It also depends on where you live and the cost of living. So a rookie may make $43,000 but after taxes she may really end up with $36,000 or $37,000.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 5 of 19

Jump to: