RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

First to Five

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which WNBA team will be the first to 5 championships?
ATL
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
CHI
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
CON
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DAL
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
IND
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LVA
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
LAS
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
MIN
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
NYL
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
PHX
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
SEA
38%
 38%  [ 19 ]
WAS
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
A future expansion team
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No team will ever reach 5 championships
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 50

Shades

PostPosted: 09/14/18 12:04 am    ::: First to Five Reply Reply with quote

Which WNBA team will be the first to 5 championships?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 09/14/18 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Houston

Shades

PostPosted: 09/14/18 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even if a team returned to Houston, I don’t think that team should get credit for the championships the previous team in Houston earned.... even if they were to call themselves the Comets. Whole different team a long time ago.

I wonder if there would be legal issues with calling a new Houston team the Comets? There’s probably some value to the name, but who would own the rights to the name... I’m not sure.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 09/14/18 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was just kidding around anyways. Minnesota is no where close t #5 now. LA is closer to #4 than PHX is in my opinion. Seattle has the best shot even though they have to win 2 more. If Sue Bird can play as good next year as they did this year, and the team stays healthy, they will practically be unbeatable again like this year.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/14/18 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
I was just kidding around anyways. Minnesota is no where close t #5 now. LA is closer to #4 than PHX is in my opinion. Seattle has the best shot even though they have to win 2 more. If Sue Bird can play as good next year as they did this year, and the team stays healthy, they will practically be unbeatable again like this year.

Only Cheryl Reeve would think it's her job to make sure Seattle wins 5+ titles, and not the Lynx.

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/14/18 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Only Cheryl Reeve would think it's her job to make sure Seattle wins 5+ titles, and not the Lynx.

So what can Reeve do for us next year to help us reach this goal? You guys have any more can't-miss prospects to give away for nothing? Cool

toad455

PostPosted: 09/14/18 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Bird still has a solid two years left, Storm might be the next dynasty and get to five. Bird-Loyd-Stewart-Howard is a solid starting four. Keep adding to the bench and we'll see where it gets them. Though I think DC, LA & Connecticut might be the other too contenders next season.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 09/14/18 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Right now I'd pick the Storm, but it would be a low conviction pick. It is hard to repeat and no one has got to 5 yet. LA seems to have as much talent if not more, but had a bad year for various reasons. Maybe they can pick up. 2019 the Storm will have the bullseye on their backs - every team will be out to beat them. As dominant as the Storm's farm team (the Lynx) was from 2011 to 2017, they still only won the ship every other year.

2019 looks easier for the Storm than 2020. 2020 will be an Olympic year and Seattle will have (probably) Bird and Stewart on Team USA. Could be a distraction as well as energy draining. Oh, and Bird will continue to age at the same rates everyone else in the world and be 40 in 2020.

Now if say Vandersloot materialized at the Storm door step (and the Sky are really the league league leader in supplying talent to WNBA contenders) then maybe the Storm dynasty will last for a long time. Won't be much fun for the rest of the league though.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/14/18 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sloot could well be cored. Much further down the road but you know Plum won't be the one being cored on that team.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 09/14/18 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
sloot could well be cored. Much further down the road but you know Plum won't be the one being cored on that team.

I was kind of indulging a fantasy of some of the Storm fans. I figure the Sky will core Sloot and maybe that ends it. However, coring didn't stop Sylvia Flagrant Fowles, nor did being an RFA stop Delle Donne from their escape from the Sky. Lots of trades have been demanded and granted so a team holding someone's rights has never been a big impediment for a player willing to sit for a while.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 09/14/18 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like the Phoenix front office. They won't have Taurasi much longer but I believe that with Griner and a new top scorer they can get there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: