RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Colin Kaepernick Is Chosen For Nike's Anniversary Campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 09/07/18 6:23 pm    ::: Re: Colin Kaepernick Is Chosen For Nike's Anniversary Campai Reply Reply with quote

Nike ‘responds’ to Trump’s question about Kaepernick – with a huge jump in sales

Quote:
After Nike revealed NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick will be the face of its 30th anniversary “Just Do It” campaign, President Donald Trump asked one question: “What was Nike thinking?”

The multi-national $34 billion retailer has “responded,” in a sense, with a 31 percent jump in sales.

“There was speculation that the Nike/Kaepernick campaign would lead to a drop in sales, but our data over the last week does not support that theory,” Hetal Pandya, co-founder of Edison Trends, tells Marketwatch.

“Nike’s online sales actually grew 31% from the Sunday of Labor Day weekend through Tuesday, as compared with a 17% gain recorded for the same period of 2017,” Marketwatch adds.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/nike-responds-trumps-question-kaepernick-huge-jump-sales/

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/10/18 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Nike sales spike is more proof that the US population leans more "left" (i.e., normal) than the powers that be. Nothing new.

PostPosted: 09/10/18 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Go Janel.

I will be willing to predict that in 50 years Kaepernick will have a similar status to that of Rosa Parks for the attention this has brought, what it has cost him, and the disgusting backlash that it has wrought. The MAGA area will be reviled as a Jim Crow II era, a stain upon this country that people will look back upon in shame. But go ahead and burn your Nikes, people. History will judge you more than we ever could.

What would be your bullet list of things you think will be looked on in shame?

Last edited by tfan on 09/10/18 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 09/10/18 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
The Nike sales spike is more proof that the US population leans more "left" (i.e., normal) than the powers that be. Nothing new.

I don't know that anything can be concluded with regard to what percentage of the population is for or against the campaign. People who support Kapernick may just have been motivated to buy a new Nike people and that number was larger than the people who are against Kapernick and who decided to forego a Nike purchase. But they say that the people who buy expensive sneakers like Nike are younger than average, and the young skew left.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/10/18 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*dup*

Last edited by tfan on 09/10/18 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 09/10/18 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G16qZRlhGKM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 09/10/18 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
"Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything."
Yeah, including your shareholders and customers apparently!

Why any company would take a political stance one way or another is a mystery I will never understand. Michael Jordan must be shaking his head today.

I doubt Jordan cares. What do you think of this?:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mayor-just-banned-nike-products-112425680.html

PostPosted: 09/11/18 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, we ALL know Kenner, Louisiana, is beacon of enlightenment and economic indicators. Rolling Eyes I like the side story of the high school teacher posting racial stupidity on social media....let The Slime come out, come out, wherever they are!

PostPosted: 09/11/18 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee, why are you moving cross country?

Howee

PostPosted: 09/11/18 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Howee, why are you moving cross country?

Some things you just gotta DO. And....Myrtlicious is in Oregon. Cool

PostPosted: 09/14/18 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
"Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything."
Yeah, including your shareholders and customers apparently!

Why any company would take a political stance one way or another is a mystery I will never understand. Michael Jordan must be shaking his head today.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-13/nike-erases-short-lived-kaepernick-dip-hits-all-time-high

Quote:
Ten days after Nike’s new Colin Kaepernick ad provoked calls for boycotts, shares hit an all-time high, closing at $83.47 Thursday.

PostPosted: 09/16/19 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Colin Kaepernick's Nike ad wins Emmy for outstanding commercial

Quote:
Nike's gamble to partner with athlete-turned-activist Colin Kaepernick paid off Sunday as the company won an Emmy for outstanding commercial at the 2019 Creative Arts Emmy Awards.

Nike's gamble to partner with athlete-turned-activist Colin Kaepernick paid off Sunday as the company won an Emmy for outstanding commercial at the 2019 Creative Arts Emmy Awards.

The commercial, titled "Dream Crazy," features Kaepernick alongside other sports legends including Serena Williams and LeBron James, who have reached beyond their personal achievements to support and advance political and social causes.

The ad was released in September 2018 days before the start of the NFL season. Kaepernick was one of the faces of Nike's 30th anniversary commemoration of its iconic "Just Do It" campaign.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/emmys/colin-kaepernicks-nike-ad-wins-emmy-for-outstanding-commercial/ar-AAHlsyc?ocid=mailsignout

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: