RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/14/18 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Terrible job by the Lynx or whoever created the top 20 list...Wiggins should definitely be on the list...Whoever made the list is just being petty.

Was it ever stated anywhere what the criteria for this list is? If they didn't say on-court production (as a member of the Lynx), then "Top 20 Players in Minnesota Lynx History" can mean whatever they want. 😭

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/15/18 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So what is Brunson's status for postseason?

In a way, it may have been beneficial for her to rest, and if the Lynx lose their next one, maybe they more or less give everyone the night off on the last night, figuring a rested Lynx has a better chance of winning two games than a tired Lynx team does of winning one.

Hard to say, but by PER, the Lynx only had two above-average players this year. Not saying PER is perfect, or even close, but that does explain a lot.

PostPosted: 08/15/18 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As Kevin Pelton indicates here - https://twitter.com/kpeltonWBB/status/1029787367589081089 - the Lynx probably aren't going anywhere outside of 7th after last night's result. Brunson won't play again until Tuesday in the first round, at best.

PostPosted: 08/19/18 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

D-Rob signs contract extension. Guess she's Whalen's temporary replacement.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 08/19/18 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guess they won't have to core her. Megdal's spreadsheet shows her already signed through 2019. Seems odd they would have her sign an extension if she is already under contract for next season.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/19/18 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Seems odd they would have her sign an extension if she is already under contract for next season.

She wasn't.

PostPosted: 08/19/18 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reeve better have signed her at a discounted rate, maybe 105K?

Signing Maya to an extension should be the #1 priority, and yet we get one of the excuses for Howard not being signed as the first signing. I hope this isn’t an indication of another brutal brutal off season.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/19/18 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:
Seems odd they would have her sign an extension if she is already under contract for next season.

She wasn't.

How dare Megdal's spreadsheet have any errors in it! Twisted Evil

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/19/18 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Reeve better have signed her at a discounted rate, maybe 105K?

Signing Maya to an extension should be the #1 priority, and yet we get one of the excuses for Howard not being signed as the first signing. I hope this isn’t an indication of another brutal brutal off season.

Looking at back at all the articles about how great and important the Tanisha Wright signing was, I wonder if Reeve would've gotten rid of Howard anyways if Renee Montgomery stayed:

"This is a veteran we thought was a must-have for our offseason. Even if Renee [Montgomery, who signed with Atlanta] came back. Tanisha gives us our best chance to win this year.”

So much for that, unless she becomes big in the playoffs. Because (though to be fair, Reeve probably has made every player look worse than they actually are this year) Wright is statistically worse this year than 2014 Tan White. All Reeve had to do was not think she had to replace her 34+ year old bench players with any more 34+ year olds (give the younger players a chance, especially Howard, and not be cheap giving her an extension), and everything would've fell into place for the Lynx to be better a lot better than .500 this year.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/19/18 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

She wasn't.

How dare Megdal's spreadsheet have any errors in it! Twisted Evil

Perhaps the all-seeing Megdal knew this was going to happen. Razz

Shades

PostPosted: 08/20/18 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1pW3nHQaS7s" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Randy

PostPosted: 08/20/18 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could you summarize it. 19:50 is a bit long for me.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/21/18 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Unshakable Bond of the Minnesota Lynx

https://www.theringer.com/2018/8/21/17762800/minnesota-lynx-unshakable-bond-maya-moore-lindsay-whalen

Quote:
“When we got the no. 1 pick, it was just like—wow, we’re going to get Maya Moore,” Whalen said.

PostPosted: 09/04/18 5:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laimbeer beating Reeve at her own game.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1036804722693353472/pu/vid/640x360/1S1c0y3qcQxsGN_M.mp4

Shades

PostPosted: 09/13/18 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/13/18 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OUCH

Shades

PostPosted: 09/14/18 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/14/18 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miyem and Kizer are better. Didn't you see their amazing production in the playoffs? Smile

I can't wait to hear how Reeve and the Lynx Propaganda Machine spin this, since Reeve obviously didn't want Howard that much, or think she is that useful, because in sports if you really want someone, you keep them at whatever it takes (not low-ball an offer, etc), since the Lynx had enough money to re-sign her. And I didn't see anything this year that showed me the Lynx would've been doomed and go, say 18-16, if they had anybody other than super-hyped signing Wright as a backup guard—younger players, or someone cheaper (I didn't know Wright was an expensive signing when the signing news originally occurred).

Isn't there some law that says that if RebKell's fans are smarter than you, you must get fired, because Amber Stocks got fired when the Sky fans proved to be smarter at running the Sky than her, so can Reeve get fired because Shades (and I) never wanted to trade Howard?

Shades

PostPosted: 09/11/19 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:
That said, I think it’s a good move if Wright still has it in the tank. I hope she doesn’t become the next Tan White.... disappointment combined with thinking about could have been with a younger player (Sugar Rodgers). Tan White and Tanisha Wright have the same initials. With Reeve being so superstitious, if she reads this, it’s going to mess with her head. “Oh no, what I have done?”

I'm very superstitious, so I love this move, because it hopefully guarantees the Lynx will win a title, as I learned that the secret to winning WNBA Titltes is acquiring a (former) Liberty player:
2011: Taj McWilliams-Franklin
2012: Erlana Larkins
2013: Janel McCarville
2014: ?
2015: Anna Cruz
2016: Essence Carson (that's why I was sh*t scared all of 2016, because that signing gave it away to me that the Sparks were winning it all that year)
2017: I guess the New York Liberty Curse ignored Pierson's 2 prior years in Tulsa/Dallas? Or maybe it's like 2014.
2018: If so, the Lynx better win, and not the Sparks, because Cappie played with the Liberty 3 years, and two teams ago.

Now watch some team trade for Shoni Schimmel in order to try to outdo the Lynx, thanks to me. Cool

2018 turned out to be Mercedes Russell, who the Liberty drafted and cut.
Laimbeer might be buying into this. He brought in Sugar Rodgers and Epiphanny Prince. Doubling down on that 2019 championship. Wink

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/11/19 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
2018 turned out to be Mercedes Russell, who the Liberty drafted and cut.
Laimbeer might be buying into this. He brought in Sugar Rodgers and Epiphanny Prince. Doubling down on that 2019 championship. Wink

You're not supposed to remind me that I was once okay with siging Tanisha Wright, but that was before I became wise like you and knew what salaries were. Very Happy

The Storm got Shavonte Zellous so they should be favorites to win the WNBA Title though. Or maybe it's the Mystics because it's now the Wings Curse and Aerial Powers has to win a title now after losing last year only because Courtney Paris got hers first. Very Happy The Lynx aren't winning anything with Christmas-Kelly though. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to: