Storm @ Mystics 9/12 Ref and Announcer Bitching Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigmont

PostPosted: 09/12/18 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Randy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Someone fire that idiot coach/GM Cheryl Reeve who thought a 2nd round pick is more useful for than Howard. Very Happy

You could try dropping anvil on her from on top of cliff, but it never works for me.

I am outraged that I didn't trust my gut and find out how to bet on the Seattle Storm winning the title right after the Howard trade, because I thought Howard was supposed to be a superstar (and I've always said elsewhere Minnesota teams always win titles for other teams and not themselves) until people on this board made it sound like the Lynx got the better end of the deal, because I could've afforded a lot of Acme Corporation products with all those winnings!

After today, I'm with you on the Howard thing. Smile

Just curious though- I wanted to learn so I searched the forum around the time that she was traded from the Lynx to the Storm, and I couldn't find anything. Can you point me to any discussion at the time?

Randy

PostPosted: 09/12/18 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Randy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Someone fire that idiot coach/GM Cheryl Reeve who thought a 2nd round pick is more useful for than Howard. Very Happy

You could try dropping anvil on her from on top of cliff, but it never works for me.

I am outraged that I didn't trust my gut and find out how to bet on the Seattle Storm winning the title right after the Howard trade, because I thought Howard was supposed to be a superstar (and I've always said elsewhere Minnesota teams always win titles for other teams and not themselves) until people on this board made it sound like the Lynx got the better end of the deal, because I could've afforded a lot of Acme Corporation products with all those winnings!

After today, I'm with you on the Howard thing. Smile

Just curious though- I wanted to learn so I searched the forum around the time that she was traded from the Lynx to the Storm, and I couldn't find anything. Can you point me to any discussion at the time?

Probably look either in the thread about the trade, or the Minnesota Lynx 2018 thread. At the time I don't recall anyone suggesting this was the key to Seattle winning the Finals. There was a more concern, about the Lynx getting a lottery pick out of the deal and getting Whalen's replacement.

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/12/18 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I couldn't find a thread specifically about the trade. I'll try the Lynx thread (the official team-based one, not every thread you post in Laughing )

edit: oops, I thought I was replying to SpaceJunkie. Smile

Last edited by craigmont on 09/12/18 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/12/18 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
craigmont wrote:

Probably look either in the thread about the trade, or the Minnesota Lynx 2018 thread. At the time I don't recall anyone suggesting this was the key to Seattle winning the Finals. There was a more concern, about the Lynx getting a lottery pick out of the deal and getting Whalen's replacement.

I thought Howard was supposed to be a superstar, but I was afraid to say so, because I didn't want to sound like a delusional idiot (which in retrospect is silly, because people already think I am one), but I masked it in some of my posts:

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=1501468#1501468
Quote:
I'm sweating and shaking like crazy right now in fear that the Lynx are about to (or have done) something stupid. Surprised

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=1501477#1501477
Quote:
I'm scared the Lynx are obsessed with getting rid of Howard for nothing, sort of like how the Twins were once obsessed with getting rid of David Ortiz for nothing, and we all saw how that worked out. lol

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=1501890#1501890
Quote:
Might as well cancel the entire WNBA regular season now since we all know that the WNBA Finals will now be Seattle vs. Atlanta! 😭😬

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=1501895#1501895
Quote:
I'm still going to assume the Lynx are winning a title for the Dream and/or Storm, just like how the Vikings won a Super Bowl for the Eagles (and not themselves) thanks to them trading for Sam Bradford Smile

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=1507072#1507072
Quote:
If the Lynx got rid of her, that probably means she's a future All-Star, if not MVP candidate. Embarassed

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=1513440#1513440
Quote:
And if not, does the Lynx GM get fired for being the only person in history to get ripped off by the Seattle Storm in trading one of the WNBA's most talented players for basically the right to a piece of stale pre-chewed gum? Mad

And Shades absolutely hated the idea of getting rid of Howard too, if you go through the Minnesota 2018 thread, where most of these posts came from, so I give him credit for not falling for the trap of other fans and the Lynx Propaganda Machine that I briefly fell into of trying to spin it into an acceptable trade (I still had made no sense out of the trade for sure, until I realized with 100% certainty Reeve wanted old Tanisha Wright so badly, she had to trade Howard to afford her, unless Reeve thought Howard was useless and only worth a 2nd round pick to begin with. 🤬🤬🤬)

After the first week of the season, I knew it was over, and that's why I starting cussing out everyone everywhere. Then when the Lynx played like crap again after the All-Star break and players got injured, I knew the Natasha Howard Curse is 100% real, like I should've known all along. Smile

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 09/12/18 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
craigmont

PostPosted: 09/12/18 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm looking through it now too.

zune69 wrote:
Great move by Minnesoata....Dumb move by Seattle.

Laughing

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/12/18 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:

zune69 wrote:

Laughing

I am outraged at all those fans who tried to trick me! At least now I know not to be afraid to directly share my opinions anymore, and I should stick with them, though lately, I've only had 2 opinions. Smile

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/12/18 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:

zune69 wrote:

Laughing

I think noone expected the Storm to have an higher seed then the Lynx let alone the 1st seed. Thats why this trade has worked in our favor.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 09/13/18 5:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:

zune69 wrote:

Laughing

Context...

My comment had nothing to do with Howard as a player...A borderline playoff team giving their trading partner the option to swap 1st rd picks for a 12 mpg bench player is very risky. Most neutral/Seattle fans said this was a risky trade.Most people thought Seattle would be a lottery team. Even the biggest Storm fans had them finishing 7th/8th...In the "2018 Season Predictions" thread.Only one poster had Seattle finishing 6th or higher(Ice-6th)

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=1517372&highlight=#1517372

A lot of Minnesota fans were giddy about the possibility of getting a top 5 pick in return for Howard...Most people whether they were for or against the trade was wrong.....If you did some research you'd realize that I've been one of the biggest Howard backers on this board:

zune69 wrote:
Rebkell better stop sleeping on Howard....Phoe,Atl, and NY should all throw max contracts at Natasha.

zune69 wrote:
Natasha Howard is a wasted asset.It makes no sense that she's sitting on the bench losing value in the final year of her contract.

zune69 wrote:

I believe Howard can be a legit 14p/6r player.But in order for her to reach those numbers,Howard will need to play 24-28 minutes.This means more minutes for Stewart at the center position ....Seattle will benefit from this trade if Howard can take her game to the next level,or if the Storm finish with a top 6 record with Howard being a solid contributor off the bench...Just don't end up getting a top 6 pick.

I also think it's really lame to laugh at posters opinions when they're wrong when you didn't have an opinion at all....Every poster on this board has been wrong or made comments that in hindsight made them look foolish...Including yourself:

After the first game of the season:
craigmont wrote:
How long until Canada starts?

craigmont wrote:

I'm as big a Sue Bird fan as anybody, but if she needs to play limited minutes, why waste them in the 1st quarter? Bring her off the bench to fill in at the 1 and 2, and save her energy for a potential "Die Bitches." At the very least, I think as the season progresses we will see more minutes going to Loyd and Canada at the guard spots.

Last edited by zune69 on 09/13/18 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/13/18 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd love to never hear Lobo do another game, though I wouldn't replace her with Lawson, who has lost something over the past year, imo.

I might put VaChina in the color chair next to RR, who himself, at least, is not annoying. Wink

PS- Congrats GMAC for getting Stickified!

PostPosted: 09/13/18 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
greg5222 wrote:
As long as the Mystics get the same home cooking the refs gave the Storm I'll be satisfied. Howard was fouling EDD all day!

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

A 20-19 fouls called is not home cooking. Stewie was fouled many times and no calls either. As long as this game gets the same treatment it’ll be up to each team to get the win.

Neither EDD nor Stewart were really fouled except for when the refs called it. So it comes down to who you gonna believe - me or your lying eyes?

you hate my team, so of course are seeing what you want to see, with your biased eyes.

PostPosted: 09/13/18 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
Randy wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
greg5222 wrote:
As long as the Mystics get the same home cooking the refs gave the Storm I'll be satisfied. Howard was fouling EDD all day!

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

A 20-19 fouls called is not home cooking. Stewie was fouled many times and no calls either. As long as this game gets the same treatment it’ll be up to each team to get the win.

Neither EDD nor Stewart were really fouled except for when the refs called it. So it comes down to who you gonna believe - me or your lying eyes?

you hate my team, so of course are seeing what you want to see, with your biased eyes.

It seems to have been lost on some Seattle fans that I was rooting for the Storm to sweep the Mystics.

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/13/18 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
craigmont wrote:

zune69 wrote:

Laughing

Context...

My comment had nothing to do with Howard as a player...A borderline playoff team giving their trading partner the option to swap 1st rd picks for a 12 mpg bench player is very risky. Most neutral/Seattle fans said this was a risky trade.Most people thought Seattle would be a lottery team. Even the biggest Storm fans had them finishing 7th/8th...In the "2018 Season Predictions" thread.Only one poster had Seattle finishing 6th or higher(Ice-6th)

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=1517372&highlight=#1517372

A lot of Minnesota fans were giddy about the possibility of getting a top 5 pick in return for Howard...Most people whether they were for or against the trade was wrong.....If you did some research you'd realize that I've been one of the biggest Howard backers on this board:

zune69 wrote:
Rebkell better stop sleeping on Howard....Phoe,Atl, and NY should all throw max contracts at Natasha.

zune69 wrote:
Natasha Howard is a wasted asset.It makes no sense that she's sitting on the bench losing value in the final year of her contract.

zune69 wrote:

I believe Howard can be a legit 14p/6r player.But in order for her to reach those numbers,Howard will need to play 24-28 minutes.This means more minutes for Stewart at the center position ....Seattle will benefit from this trade if Howard can take her game to the next level,or if the Storm finish with a top 6 record with Howard being a solid contributor off the bench...Just don't end up getting a top 6 pick.

I also think it's really lame to laugh at posters opinions when they're wrong when you didn't have an opinion at all....Every poster on this board has been wrong or made comments that in hindsight made them look foolish...Including yourself:

After the first game of the season:
craigmont wrote:
How long until Canada starts?

craigmont wrote:

I'm as big a Sue Bird fan as anybody, but if she needs to play limited minutes, why waste them in the 1st quarter? Bring her off the bench to fill in at the 1 and 2, and save her energy for a potential "Die Bitches." At the very least, I think as the season progresses we will see more minutes going to Loyd and Canada at the guard spots.

Yes, thanks for finding that! One of the stupidest posts ever. I'll own it. Not only did Bird go on to have one of her best seasons and lead the team to the championship, Canada isn't that good yet.

The context was a game in which Phoenix came to Seattle and was pretty much unstoppable, Bird's shots were all hitting the front of the rim, and Canada at least had the energy to zip all over the court. But even then, that was way too hot of a take based on just one game.

I apologize for singling you out, I should elaborate better sometimes. The laugh was more about the way things work out that we can't foresee. I didn't foresee the way Howard would work out, the season Bird would have, and the way the Storm's season would go. The next game, they went down to Phoenix and beat that same Mercury team and never looked back.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/13/18 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@ craigmont

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: