68%
 68%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 35

Shades

PostPosted: 09/10/18 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
The refs knew Seattle had a foul to give, they must assume that they ARE going to give it. And they just chose to ignore it.

The Lynx lost a couple games on the last defensive possession early on in the season, and they had a foul to give in each instance. I wish the refs would have helped them out by assuming they were going to use that foul to give.

So now refs are supposed to help teams win, by calling fouls on them? Whatever happened to "Let em play ref"?

I was being mostly sarcastic, but I’m not sure if you caught it or not.

But yeah, Augustus wasn’t smart enough to foul Gray midway through that last possession in the first game against the Sparks. Maybe Augustus was thinking there may be enough time left on the clock if they scored. I dunno. Pretty sure Reeve told them in the timeout to foul (before a shot is taken). Gives the team that much less time to execute a play. Refs sure could have helped the Lynx out by assuming the Lynx were going to use that last foul to give. Aren’t the refs supposed to keep up on that kind of stuff in case the players forget what they’re supposed to do? Wink

I definitely prefer the “let em play” line of thinking, and it does seem like the refs have a propensity to let the players decide the game in last possession scenarios.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
craigmont

PostPosted: 09/10/18 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It must be really hard to be a referee and keep track of all the conspiracies you're supposed to be in with the league office.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/10/18 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
It must be really hard to be a referee and keep track of all the conspiracies you're supposed to be in with the league office.

Really ... between making sure to foul out DT, guaranteeing that the right team wins and not calling fouls on certain players, it's amazing they can even remember the rules.

PostPosted: 09/10/18 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
craigmont wrote:

Really ... between making sure to foul out DT, guaranteeing that the right team wins and not calling fouls on certain players, it's amazing they can even remember the rules.

It must be a real dilemma when Stewart plays against Delle Donne. They aren't supposed to call a foul on either one, but they to call a foul everytime one them misses a shot. What to do? Rolling Eyes

Shades - yeah missed the sarcasm. I thought that Tolliver's comment about the refs needing a higher BBIQ was because they didn't call a foul to give when Seattle may have wanted one.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/10/18 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

I thought that Toliver's comment about the refs needing a higher BBIQ was because they didn't call a foul to give when Seattle may have wanted one.

Let’s say they call a foul on that play. Then they’d have to inbound the ball (Delle Donne was very close to a 5-sec call last time... somebody should probably review that), and if they don’t score, then the argument would probably become “they should have never called that foul. Toliver had Bird beat and was driving to the basket. Let the players decide the game!” Something like that?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/10/18 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
ClayK wrote:
craigmont wrote:

It must be a real dilemma when Stewart plays against Delle Donne. They aren't supposed to call a foul on either one, but they to call a foul everytime one them misses a shot. What to do? Rolling Eyes

Shades - yeah missed the sarcasm. I thought that Tolliver's comment about the refs needing a higher BBIQ was because they didn't call a foul to give when Seattle may have wanted one.

Bird said afterwards that she wasnt trying to foul her

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
threefrom60

PostPosted: 09/10/18 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Let’s say they call a foul on that play. Then they’d have to inbound the ball (Delle Donne was very close to a 5-sec call last time... somebody should probably review that), and if they don’t score, then the argument would probably become “they should have never called that foul. Toliver had Bird beat and was driving to the basket. Let the players decide the game!” Something like that?

This.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 09/11/18 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
You have to love Clark. She’s not a flashy player, but man she works hard and contributes so much. How many big rebounds has she gotten in the playoffs? I’m not sure she gets the credit she deserves.

leaving her off the all-defensive team was a travesty!

PostPosted: 09/11/18 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
You have to love Clark. She’s not a flashy player, but man she works hard and contributes so much. How many big rebounds has she gotten in the playoffs? I’m not sure she gets the credit she deserves.

leaving her off the all-defensive team was a travesty!

Hi Scully, you going to go to the game? Aren’t you on the east coast?

PostPosted: 09/11/18 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Randy wrote:
ClayK wrote:
craigmont wrote:

Bird said afterwards that she wasnt trying to foul her

Well then I don't want to know how it would look like if she was Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: