28%  [ 15 ]
Storm
71%
 71%  [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 52

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/08/18 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Injured or not, Sanders must be more aggressive and do a better job of hitting shots and passing to the open cutter. If not, Mike T needs to increase Hawkins minutes. Atkins getting more than 1 rebound would also help. Atkins had a great offensive game. But if Seattle's going to guard Atkins with Loyd, she needs to get 5 or more rebounds,especially with EDD being less than 100%.

I thought Hines-Allen did a nice job when she was on the floor. Never really understood how she got totally out of Mike's post rotation.

- Amanda Gorman
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/08/18 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Injured or not, Sanders must be more aggressive and do a better job of hitting shots and passing to the open cutter. If not, Mike T needs to increase Hawkins minutes. Atkins getting more than 1 rebound would also help. Atkins had a great offensive game. But if Seattle's going to guard Atkins with Loyd, she needs to get 5 or more rebounds,especially with EDD being less than 100%.

I thought Hines-Allen did a nice job when she was on the floor. Never really understood how she got totally out of Mike's post rotation.

She matches up well against Howard imo. Should be getting a lot more minutes this series.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/08/18 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Sanders gets off to a slow start Mike T should give her a quick hook.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/08/18 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
Randy wrote:
It is surprising that this thread has not attracted more interest. The game wasn't even on that late so most people could watch it.

because it's a blow out, lope sided, boring game with zero excitement.

I found the game fun and exciting to watch.

PostPosted: 09/08/18 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
scrappy wrote:
Randy wrote:
It is surprising that this thread has not attracted more interest. The game wasn't even on that late so most people could watch it.

I watched as well. I think the mixture of Friday night and it not really being that competitive of a game steered folks away. Even i started doing something else by 3rd Qtr.

PostPosted: 09/08/18 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
myrtle wrote:
zune69 wrote:

She matches up well against Howard imo. Should be getting a lot more minutes this series.

Howard blows by her on drives though. I think thats why he subbed her out again

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/08/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who here still holds a piece of optimism to believe that possibly the Game 5 then travel across country played a part in the styx stinking it up last night? This seems to be the only median i come to when i attempt to give the styx a chance in this series!

PostPosted: 09/08/18 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I also don't think Loyd goes off in Game 2. I never want a sweep in a Finals, so I'd really like the Mystics to win Game 2.

Well, we all know the Mystics can play a lot better than that. Atkins is the real deal and Tolliver is unlikely to stay that cold. That's why Della Donne's injury is so unfortunate. We're only getting about 95% of their potential in this series.

Delle Donne is at about 50%. She cannot create her own shot, making the Mystics too easy to guard.

~rAf
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/08/18 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
scrappy wrote:
Randy wrote:

Did anyone who doesn't have a personal interest in Seattle winning find that game "fun and exciting" to watch?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
so-many-pickles

PostPosted: 09/08/18 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love Seattle and was at the game and found it boring.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/08/18 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
craigmont wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I also don't think Loyd goes off in Game 2. I never want a sweep in a Finals, so I'd really like the Mystics to win Game 2.

Well, we all know the Mystics can play a lot better than that. Atkins is the real deal and Tolliver is unlikely to stay that cold. That's why Della Donne's injury is so unfortunate. We're only getting about 95% of their potential in this series.

Delle Donne is at about 50%. She cannot create her own shot, making the Mystics too easy to guard.

Right.

If Taurasi, Bonner, and Griner couldn’t beat Seattle, Toliver and a 50% Delle Donne was going to struggle.

PostPosted: 09/08/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
scrappy wrote:
Randy wrote:

Did anyone who doesn't have a personal interest in Seattle winning find that game "fun and exciting" to watch?

I found it fun and exciting to watch because I wanted to see the Mystics get trashed. I don't a personal interest in Seattle winning though - any opponent trashing them would be just as good as Seattle. I actually dislike Seattle too, just less than the Mystics.

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/08/18 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't dislike or hate any team, I just like my hometown team more.

I expect a better showing from Washington in Game 2 because it would be hard to be any worse! Still probably won't be enough though.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/08/18 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

I found it fun and exciting to watch because I wanted to see the Mystics get trashed. I don't a personal interest in Seattle winning though - any opponent trashing them would be just as good as Seattle. I actually dislike Seattle too, just less than the Mystics.

Disliking Seattle less than anyone? Does not compute.

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/08/18 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Randy wrote:

Why do some people on here hate Seattle so much? I'm genuinely curious.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/08/18 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Randy wrote:

Because they robbed a vulnerable Reeve. Sad

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/08/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Randy wrote:

I don't know why "some people" hate on Seattle so much. I only know why I do.

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/08/18 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Randy wrote:

I don't know why "some people" hate on Seattle so much. I only know why I do.

Go on....

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/08/18 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:

Go on....

Sorry, but we don't know each other like that. I'll let you have the redacted, Cliff's Notes version, though: it involves my then-seven year-old son, and an ugly incident between us and some Storm fans at Key Arena. Long story short, I will hate Seattle forever and always for ruining the WNBA for my kid.

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/08/18 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
craigmont wrote:

Go on....

Sorry, but we don't know each other like that. I'll let you have the redacted, Cliff's Notes version, though: it involves my then-seven year-old son, and an ugly incident between us and some Storm fans at Key Arena. Long story short, I will hate Seattle forever and always for ruining the WNBA for my kid.

Well, that's awful. As a fellow parent I can empathize, and I'm truly sorry that happened to you.

Obviously the people you had trouble with don't represent all Storm fans, any more than they would if that happened anywhere else.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/08/18 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Often if is the fans, or people associated with the team more than the coach or players to causes others to dislike the team. I actually like Dan Hughes a lot.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/09/18 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
craigmont wrote:

Go on....

That sucks, so sorry you encountered the rare nasty Storm fan. Most of us are decent,and treat opposing fans with respect ✊🏼

PostPosted: 09/09/18 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Randy wrote:

Because they robbed a vulnerable Reeve. Sad

That is Reeves fault she thought we’d be a lottery team. Lynx have been hella lucky in their #1 picks and 4 ‘ships so I don’t feel a bit sorry she underestimated us.

PostPosted: 09/09/18 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
That sucks, so sorry you encountered the rare nasty Storm fan. Most of us are decent,and treat opposing fans with respect ✊🏼

I don't know if I'm convinced that they were all that rare, at least not fourteen years ago. That wasn't the only Storm game I went to (I was stationed in Bremerton at the time), it's just the only one I took him to; y'all were feeling y'allselves in 2004.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/09/18 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:

I don't know if I'm convinced that they were all that rare, at least not fourteen years ago. That wasn't the only Storm game I went to (I was stationed in Bremerton at the time), it's just the only one I took him to; y'all were feeling y'allselves in 2004.

Most away fans have talked about good experiences, so yeah it’s mostly rare.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: