16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 36

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/06/18 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
I dont think ive ever heard a WNBA crowd chant. REF YOU SUCK. iLoved every bit of it dream fans. Lisa take note all 12 cities share a mutual feeling.

Lisa Borders was sitting courtside, so I'm sure she heard it.

If asked about it, I'm sure she would say something like "WNBA fans are so passionate about our sport. They really get into the games. I just love it."

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I can hear her saying this exactly . ACKNOWLEDGE Lisa Please !

PostPosted: 09/06/18 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
I dont think ive ever heard a WNBA crowd chant. REF YOU SUCK. iLoved every bit of it dream fans. Lisa take note all 12 cities share a mutual feeling.

Lisa Borders was sitting courtside, so I'm sure she heard it.

If asked about it, I'm sure she would say something like "WNBA fans are so passionate about our sport. They really get into the games. I just love it."

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I can hear her saying this exactly . ACKNOWLEDGE Lisa Please !

The fans of every basketball league think the refs are horrible, from the NBA on down to CYO. Why would the WNBA be any different? And what reason is there to believe that the WNBA refs are relatively worse than, say, NCAA D-II refs or G-League refs or FIBA refs?

According to fans, all refs in all situations are horrible -- and some are more horrible than others.

PostPosted: 09/06/18 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like it could be fairly and accurately stated that the WNBA refs are better than the refs at any other level of women's basketball.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
pilight

PostPosted: 09/06/18 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
I feel like it could be fairly and accurately stated that the WNBA refs are better than the refs at any other level of women's basketball.

That's damning with extremely faint praise.

PostPosted: 09/06/18 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Damning with extremely faint praise" is totally in my wheelhouse.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/06/18 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

In the USA

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/06/18 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

In the USA

Nah, I worded that most carefully, and I stand behind it: FIBA/International refs might be better at calling games played under FIBA/International rules than WNBA refs, but that's all the props I'd be willing to give them. And, honestly, I'm not even sure about that. I contend that WNBA refs would be much better at officiating FIBA/International games than the other way around, simply because of the speed of play.

If FIBA/International refs had to call WNBA games, under WNBA rules, they'd look even more inept than WNBA refs do.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/06/18 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

In the USA

Nah, I worded that most carefully, and I stand behind it: FIBA/International refs might be better at calling games played under FIBA/International rules than WNBA refs, but that's all the props I'd be willing to give them. And, honestly, I'm not even sure about that. I contend that WNBA refs would be much better at officiating FIBA/International games than the other way around, simply because of the speed of play.

If FIBA/International refs had to call WNBA games, under WNBA rules, they'd look even more inept than WNBA refs do.

Maybe so about the wnba rules and fiba refs but i still find it difficult to understand that WNBA and NBA refs most of the time dont know what a travel is.. And no the rules are not different on changing your pivot or take like 5 steps while holding the ball Rolling Eyes It has turned into a joke tbh. They often lack the knowledge about the fundamentals (like footwork) in basketball.

Also the entertainmentagenda clouds their judgement. That doesnt happen overseas. That is why when you see USA mens team play during the Worlds or Olympics it looks so different. Less dunks even when you consider the fact that you can touch the ball on the rim etc. Over the back fouls are actually called overseas. It doesnt matter if the dunk was fantastic or not. Its an offensive foul.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/06/18 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

That's damning with extremely faint praise.

WCBB seems to have better officials imo !

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: