Board Junkies Forums

Draft Lottery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 08/29/18 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Like they say in LV - "the house always wins."

The whole thing could be done in an instant using a random number generator on a computer. I guess the problem is that people would trust machine full of ping pong balls more than a computer screen where the answer just shows up a second later.

Plus, hackers. Why tank when you can have a cyber-expert make sure you win the lottery?

PostPosted: 08/29/18 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:
Like they say in LV - "the house always wins."

The whole thing could be done in an instant using a random number generator on a computer. I guess the problem is that people would trust machine full of ping pong balls more than a computer screen where the answer just shows up a second later.

Plus, hackers. Why tank when you can have a cyber-expert make sure you win the lottery?

Exactly - fans don't fully trust the ping balls now - make it into a computer game and no one will believe the results because there are so many ways in which it might corrupted.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/30/18 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The whole WNBA league and the fans of each team other then the Las Vegas Aces should be in an uproar. The Aces forfeit a game and still get the 1st pick in the 2019 WNBA Draft. The Aces already have a natural advantage attracting Free Agents because of where the team is located. What a charm life Bill Laimbeer lives

Rolling Eyes

BamaEd

PostPosted: 08/30/18 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
The whole WNBA league and the fans of each team other then the Las Vegas Aces should be in an uproar. The Aces forfeit a game and still get the 1st pick in the 2019 WNBA Draft. The Aces already have a natural advantage attracting Free Agents because of where the team is located. What a charm life Bill Laimbeer lives

Rolling Eyes

Eastern conference fans should be in an uproar anyway because of the huge disparity in #1 picks between the East and the West. #1 picks do often become the superstars of the league. You would like to have these superstars spread out across the league and not concentrated all in one conference or just a few teams. The NBA is going through this right now where the Eastern Conference is thought of as much less than the West. Heck, the WNBA changed their playoff format because of this.

Go to worst record for 1 or even 2 years. Work to spread the wealth a little. But I agree, one team having the #1 pick 3 years in a row is not good.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 08/30/18 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has anyone figured out the actual odds of getting 3 number 1 picks? After all this is Vegas we are talking about.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/30/18 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Has anyone figured out the actual odds of getting 3 number 1 picks? After all this is Vegas we are talking about.

Let's see, they had a 44.2% chance at each of the first two and a 27.6% chance at the third one, that makes a 5.4% chance of winning all three.

We were about due for an upset. The previous five #1 picks all went to the team with the best chance of getting it.

PostPosted: 08/30/18 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The WNBA needs to make a new rule......No Team can get back to back #1 picks.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/30/18 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

I like that rule! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 08/30/18 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

I have been saying that for years.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/30/18 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Well, when you consider SASS was rock bottom for a number of years, I'm not so outraged about it. Indiana is going to be rock bottom for some time to come so they will likely get a number of #1's in the future. I feel bad for them this year because they deserved at least a #2. It's all about the ups and downs. It happens in all the sports. Minny is apt to go from top to close to bottom for a number of years too until they get some good picks...or someone like Syl demands to be traded there, though it's looking quite a bit less attractive nowadays.

In short, back to back #1's doesn't seem excessive to me...but 3 of them may well be.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: