32%
 32%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 31

toad455

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Another close game... this time ATL pulled it out. Idea

Free Throws, Free Throws, Free Throws... Shocked

I think if EDD didn't go down, Mystics would have won.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
myrtle wrote:
everybody in the arena knows Toliver is going to try to make a hero play so they can go 3 on 1 and she won't pass it.

Who is she passing to? Nobody's been making shots.

I would have put a double on Toliver.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
If EDD is out for the rest of this series....The winner of this game will advance to the finals.

_________X

Sucks i was hoping for an entertaining Finals with DC vs either of Sea/PHX now we have to watch ATL get throttled most likely. I dont see either of these teams beating those 2 out west without their stars.

EDD only got injured to make sure the Storm vs. Dream WNBA Finals match-up, to mock Cheryl Reeve for being an idiot, and mock me for being an idiot for not betting on it, happens. šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hearts out to Elena! Here's to a quick recovery (as in, hours)!

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/28/18 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

No doubt... Idea

But then again, if McCoughtry didn't go down, ATL would have won, so I guess now it's even? Shocked Question

Toliver is a great FT shooter at ~90%... and clutch... misses a FT and the big shot at the end? Unexpected... Confused

Last game, I was frustrated with ATL losing... this game, I'm frustrated with WAS losing...
Razz

willtalk

PostPosted: 08/28/18 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So much on who wins a championship relies of a lot of variables with injuries being a major one. Not likely that the Mystics have a chance now unless some of those other variables start to come into play in their favor.

That injury looks really bad. Even the best case ourcome would severely limit her enough that they could not get out of this series. Atlanta is too good.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/28/18 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
So much on who wins a championship relies of a lot of variables with injuries being a major one. Not likely that the Mystics have a chance now unless some of those other variables start to come into play in their favor.

That injury looks really bad. Even the best case ourcome would severely limit her enough that they could not get out of this series. Atlanta is too good.

Most unfortunate, indeed. I dislike Elena Delle Donne as a player, but I didn't want her to get injured; hell, I wouldn't even root for the Compiler to get injured. I was just sort of hoping she'd choke down the stretch.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Richard 77

PostPosted: 08/28/18 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just heard about EDD's injury. Prayers that she'll recover. But I did read the game notes at the W's website. The AP said that after she slid, the rest of her teammates saw she was "writing in pain on the court." Um... okay.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
pilight

PostPosted: 08/28/18 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hope Delle Donne will be OK. It looked bad live.

PostPosted: 08/28/18 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

Maybe. The Mystics were fading late again.

PostPosted: 08/28/18 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FWIW (which isn't much), a few Lonzo fans are stirring the chickens-coming-home-to-roost thing on the Twitter machine.

"blowing out his shoe" =/= "blowing out his knee/ankle", but they pretend not to know the difference, because fanboys gonna fanboy.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/28/18 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://mobile.twitter.com/MechelleV/status/1034633350538059776

Quote:

Elena Delle Donne shared her thoughts with us via Mystics' media relations: ā€œI mean, Iā€™m walking. The swelling isnā€™t terrible. Iā€™ll go home tomorrow and see our doctors, and see what they say. But Iā€™m hopeful to be back in the lineup Friday."

PostPosted: 08/28/18 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Quote:

Elena Delle Donne shared her thoughts with us via Mystics' media relations: ā€œI mean, Iā€™m walking. The swelling isnā€™t terrible. Iā€™ll go home tomorrow and see our doctors, and see what they say. But Iā€™m hopeful to be back in the lineup Friday."

Even if she plays, she almost surely won't be 100%... which is why this win was so important for WAS... give them breathing room Confused

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 08/29/18 1:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
She has been slipping all night in those shoes! Damn!

Should have invested in some Lonzo Ball shoes.

cute.

PostPosted: 08/29/18 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Bentley is a low IQ player

Sometimes you need a player with a low enough BB IQ to just take some shots when you need them. And steal the ball once in while. The Dream's rise started around the same time Bentley arrived.

Razz

toad455

PostPosted: 08/29/18 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Quote:

Still, even is she only plays 20 minutes on Friday, it could make a difference. Mystics have the deeper bench and almost home court advantage.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 08/29/18 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Quote:

Still, even is she only plays 20 minutes on Friday, it could make a difference. Mystics have the deeper bench and almost home court advantage.

In Game 2, Atlanta again got more and better minutes from their bench than Washington did. The Dream have 54 bench points through two games compared to 22 for the Mystics.

PostPosted: 08/29/18 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

In Game 2, Atlanta again got more and better minutes from their bench than Washington did. The Dream have 54 bench points through two games compared to 22 for the Mystics.

I'd say it's even more than the points they get from the bench, it's the minutes. Atlanta is about that Rope-A-Dope life. They have relied fairly heavily on their conditioning, and their ability to come from behind on teams in the second half. And a big part of the reason that has worked has been their reserves: even players that don't give them any production offensively (coughdietrickcough) give them 3-5 good minutes of energy, 3-5 minutes of rest for the starters, 3-5 minutes of making a team that doesn't go as deep into their bench wear themselves out.

Collen made a tactical error by trying to win with a short rotation on Sunday; last night was a good adjustment on her part. I don't think anybody thought that McGee-Stafford was going to on an offensive tear, but her biggest value to the team is making sure that Williams has fresh legs down the stretch, anyway.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/29/18 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Sometimes you need a player with a low enough BB IQ to just take some shots when you need them. And steal the ball once in while. The Dream's rise started around the same time Bentley arrived.

Those were some really low probability shots that went in for Bentley last night. Iā€™m suspecting sheā€™ll hit a stretch where nothing will fall but sheā€™ll keep trying.

When Bentley arrived was remarkably timed the same as Clarendon leaving, which is when I saw Montgomeryā€™s numbers explode. Bentleyā€™s were subdued until some time later. So I donā€™t think youā€™re giving enough credit to the team itself for itā€™s rise. Thereā€™s plenty to go around: Williams, Breland, Montgomery, Sykes, Collen, and even Bentley as of late.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/29/18 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Those were some really low probability shots that went in for Bentley last night. Iā€™m suspecting sheā€™ll hit a stretch where nothing will fall but sheā€™ll keep trying.

Sounds to me like you could just as easily be describing Kristi Tolliver... but that could just be the #HateHard talking...

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/29/18 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Quote:

Sure, if you want to spin it like that. Bentley has 41 of those points though.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/29/18 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Quote:

Sure, if you want to spin it like that. Bentley has 41 of those points though.

Take out the top bench scorer for each team and Atlanta still has more bench points than Washington.

PostPosted: 08/29/18 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

When Bentley arrived was remarkably timed the same as Clarendon leaving, which is when I saw Montgomeryā€™s numbers explode. Bentleyā€™s were subdued until some time later. So I donā€™t think youā€™re giving enough credit to the team itself for itā€™s rise. Thereā€™s plenty to go around: Williams, Breland, Montgomery, Sykes, Collen, and even Bentley as of late.

I'm not giving all the credit to Bentley. She may have added a missing ingredient though. She's a very streaky player but opposing teams never know when one of her (good or bad) streaks is going begin or end. The other players deserve more of the credit for the last half of the season, but w/o her Dream could have been down 2-0 in the playoffs after two blowouts.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/30/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
everybody in the arena knows Toliver is going to try to make a hero play so they can go 3 on 1 and she won't pass it.

Sheā€™ll still probably make a three.

Not gonna lie im shocked she missed.

What is it about Duke posts, ahead by 3, with 1 possession left, who guard Tolliver, then get sucked into defending her INSIDE the arc?!!!

Elizabeth Williams, meet Alison Bales.... (apologies to RAF)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DNpNRtFN1K0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 08/30/18 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought that was a pretty good look that she got. A stepback 3 is her thing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clichļæ½s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." ļæ½Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: