31%
 31%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 32

pilight

PostPosted: 08/27/18 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
BamaEd wrote:
I was home sick and didn't get to watch all of the game. Was there a point when a Mystics player kicked a ball in the air? A Dream player posted on her Instagram that the ref told her it's because that Mystics player used to play soccer. She then said if she had done it...

I missed this part. Not sure how blatant it was or if it is a whole big ball of nothing.

It was Toliver. It happened in the first quarter while there was dead ball situation. It was no big deal. One of the refs talked to her immediately afterwards, presumably to warn her against doing it again.

Yeah ATL players went into a frenzy when Panda kicked the ball in the air. It wasnt like she was extremely frustrated but i do agree if that had been another certain player or 2 in this league it would have been an Auto-T.

It didn't seem as if she was doing it in a taunting manner. There was no one else around her and she was facing away from everyone on the court. I think it went a little higher than she intended.

PostPosted: 08/27/18 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
2 take away's from this game .

1. EDD gets more calls than any player in this league , that should not be up for debate .

2. Tiffany Hayes is NOT a superstar

10 players have shot more free throws per game than EDD this season.

Nice point Aladyyn

Randy

PostPosted: 08/27/18 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

1. EDD gets more calls than any player in this league , that should not be up for debate .

Nice point Aladyyn

That includes Cambage, Griner,Taurasi, and Diggins-Smith (2,3,4,5 in FTA per game) whose fans seem to think the refs never treat them fairly. Check out the Storm - Mercury game thread as an example.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/27/18 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Nice point Aladyyn

That includes Cambage, Griner,Taurasi, and Diggins-Smith (2,3,4,5 in FTA per game) whose fans seem to think the refs never treat them fairly. Check out the Storm - Mercury game thread as an example.

How aggressive does EDD play compared to those players ? Dont forget she also doesn't play full seasons so those #'s could be a bit skewed ijs . I love EDD though when she's making her own buckets. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/27/18 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
BamaEd wrote:
I was home sick and didn't get to watch all of the game. Was there a point when a Mystics player kicked a ball in the air? A Dream player posted on her Instagram that the ref told her it's because that Mystics player used to play soccer. She then said if she had done it...

I missed this part. Not sure how blatant it was or if it is a whole big ball of nothing.

It was Toliver. It happened in the first quarter while there was dead ball situation. It was no big deal. One of the refs talked to her immediately afterwards, presumably to warn her against doing it again.

Yeah ATL players went into a frenzy when Panda kicked the ball in the air. It wasnt like she was extremely frustrated but i do agree if that had been another certain player or 2 in this league it would have been an Auto-T.

It didn't seem as if she was doing it in a taunting manner. There was no one else around her and she was facing away from everyone on the court. I think it went a little higher than she intended.

I didn't think what Tolliver did there was a big deal. I also didn't think Alex finishing the shot after a foul was either... But we got an official delay of game warning.

If they had already warned her then fine but she and Collen looked surprised.

I think the game was winnable by Atlanta despite. Make free throws and defend just one of those open 3's and nothing else matters - that was totally in our control.

But not great officiating. From where I sat EDD wandered all over the key until she is eventually fouled.

She is amazing. Best overall on the court - doesn't need as much help as she gets.

I will also say I saw a few go our way that shouldn't have.

Refs definitely didn't take us off our game - we did that ourselves... But inconsistent or missed calls make it harder to overcome being off... So we better tighten up the rest of the way.

PostPosted: 08/27/18 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

IMO Maya Moore and Candace Parker are pretty close to equals in that department. And Tina Charles ain't far behind.

- Amanda Gorman
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/27/18 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

What's more interesting to me than how many players shot more free throws than Elena Delle Donne this season is how, of all the players that have been named MVP in the history of the league, Delle Donne has a higher career FTA/g average than anyone to be named MVP in over a decade, save one, and the fourth highest for an MVP of all time. The only player to win MVP since 2006 with a higher career FTA/g average than Delle Donne is Breanna Stewart... Wonder what they have in common?

I wouldn't even know where to look up the stats to back up this claim, but I'd be willing to bet the price of a good quality sandwich that Elena Delle Donne is Top Ten all-time among non-centers in FTA/g. And I'll take it a step further and say that she's probably also the only one who's highly ranked in FTA/g who's not also highly ranked in points in the paint.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
ClayK

PostPosted: 08/28/18 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A couple things:

*EDD gets a lot of her points on turnarounds just outside the lane, and drives with either hand (though she finishes right). Those points may not be technically in the paint, but they are shots designed to draw fouls, among other things.

*Getting to the line is a skill. It involves jumping into opponents, taking certain kinds of shots, spinning into contact, flopping, looking awkward, selling fouls with exaggerated reactions. EDD is far from the only player who's good at this, and somehow people think it's unfair. It's just like the Eurostep -- or as my friend likes to say, "traveling" -- if they let you do it, you should.

Criticizing EDD for shaping her game to get more free throws is like criticizing Diana Taurasi for shooting so many threes because there's a line on the floor.

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The non-calls for EDD bother me more than the calls. You can't get her in foul trouble because the refs won't call fouls on her. Sometimes they'll give her fouls to someone else (Tianna Hawkins is a popular choice) but most often they won't call anything or they'll call it the other way. She spends a great deal of her defensive time in the post, since she's usually the largest Mystic on the floor, but she's only had one game all season in which she was called for more than three fouls. In Game 1 she played every second of the second half, guarding Breland or Williams the vast majority of the time. She got whistled zero times. She did pick up two in the first half, one of them intentional to stop a fast break.

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is EDD supposed to pick up fouls guarding Jessica Breland? Really? Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

They also use her as the rim protector. In the last regular season game between Atlanta and Washington she somehow drew an offensive foul despite being in the restricted area. She has no qualms at all about whacking guards who drive the lane because she knows she won't get whistled.

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Wow. Just wow! She is a future HOF'er. Glad she is a Mystic. There are many times she doesn't get calls. LA Sparks roughed her up plenty. Some games she could go to the foul line 15 times with the contact she gets with no calls.

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Wow. Just wow! She is a future HOF'er. Glad she is a Mystic. There are many times she doesn't get calls. LA Sparks roughed her up plenty. Some games she could go to the foul line 15 times with the contact she gets with no calls.

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: