Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/25/18 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Playing these two, in hopes of winning a few games was and is detrimental to the development of the younger inexperienced players who have a future within the team and WNBA.

Vandersloot, in her rookie season was benched for Dominique Canty. Diggins-Smith was benched as a rookie for Angel Goodrich.

I haven’t seen any correlation that would suggest Pondexter taking minutes from Mitchell in her rookie season will hinder or ruin her development. Mitchell, in the games I saw, was a low percentage shooter with an average IQ. But she’s a rookie PG, so that’s to be expected. Whether Mitchell played 30 minutes or 15 isn’t going to change those two things. Hopefully Kelsey comes back next year with improvements in those areas. And Pondexter is a UFA.

Regarding Dupree, who was she taking minutes from with good potential? McCall? Laughing

And in no way am I endorsing Chatman giving Pondexter 25 minutes a game, but I can respect at least trying to put a respectable product on the court even if you’re going to be bad..

pilight

PostPosted: 08/25/18 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Playing these two, in hopes of winning a few games was and is detrimental to the development of the younger inexperienced players who have a future within the team and WNBA.

Vandersloot, in her rookie season was benched for Dominique Canty. Diggins-Smith was benched as a rookie for Angel Goodrich.

Point guards often take a few seasons to find their footing.

Becky Hammon wasn't a full time starter until her 6th season.

Lindsey Harding got pushed out of the starting lineup in her second season by Noelle Quinn.

Kristi Toliver couldn't win a starting job in either of her first two seasons on two different teams. Same for Chelsea Gray.

Briann January spent her first two seasons backing up Tully Bevilaqua.

The list goes on...

PostPosted: 08/25/18 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Lindsey Harding got pushed out of the starting lineup in her second season by Noelle Quinn.

It’s easy to get “pushed out” when you go down with a serious injury..

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 08/25/18 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Cappie wants to return to PHX for her last season. How do PHX fans feel about that?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/25/18 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

meh

PostPosted: 08/25/18 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
meh

X_________

PostPosted: 11/10/18 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight

PostPosted: 12/17/18 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1074653012080160768

Quote:
The Indiana Pacers are hiring longtime WNBA executive Kelly Krauskopf as the first female assistant general manager in NBA history, league sources tell ESPN.

PostPosted: 12/17/18 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1074653012080160768

Quote:
The Indiana Pacers are hiring longtime WNBA executive Kelly Krauskopf as the first female assistant general manager in NBA history, league sources tell ESPN.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2018/12/17/indiana-pacers-make-kelly-krauskopf-first-female-assistant-gm-nba/2334784002/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Shades

PostPosted: 12/17/18 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope being an assistant GM on the NBA level is more involved than a WNBA one. Reeve has an assistant GM, and she doesn’t sound much more than a personal assistant.

tfan

PostPosted: 12/17/18 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I hope being an assistant GM on the NBA level is more involved than a WNBA one. Reeve has an assistant GM, and she doesn’t sound much more than a personal assistant.

GM on an NBA team must be a very involved task because Krauskopf is one of two assistant GMs for the Pacers.

Quote:
Krauskopf will work alongside Pacers general manager Chad Buchanan and assistant general manager Peter Dinwiddie -- as well as Prichard -- within the front office.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/13/19 3:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bump

PostPosted: 02/01/19 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever resign Natalie Achonwa, Shenise Johnson and Erica Wheeler.
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/basketball/wnba/fever/2019/02/01/indiana-fever-resign-three-players-start-wnba-free-agency/2743785002/

toad455

PostPosted: 02/01/19 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever now have 10 players under contract. Other two spots likely filled via the draft.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/01/19 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Fever now have 10 players under contract. Other two spots likely filled via the draft.

So with this being what they have now

K. Mitchell/Wheeler
T. Mitchell
S. Johnson/Vivians
Dupree/Mavunga/McCall
Achonwa/Alexander

do they go Durr/Ogunbowale/KLS at #3

or hope for Brown or McCowan to be there?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/09/19 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shenise Johnson interview on video
https://fever.wnba.com/video/catching-up-with-shenise-johnson/

pilight

PostPosted: 03/04/19 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Allison Barber Named President and COO of Fever and Tamika Catchings Named VP Of Basketball Operations.

PostPosted: 03/04/19 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That’s a pretty good gig for Catchings. I guess I was a little too ambitious to think she could be league president.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/04/19 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Allison Barber Named President and COO of Fever and Tamika Catchings Named VP Of Basketball Operations.

Dr. Barber will officially join the Fever on March 18. She currently serves as the chancellor of Western Governors University-Indiana, an online competency-based university, and the president of its fundraising arm. She previously worked in strategic communications and in the White House under President George W. Bush.

https://highposthoops.com/2019/03/04/tamika-catchings-named-fever-vp-basketball-operations/

Shades wrote:
That’s a pretty good gig for Catchings. I guess I was a little too ambitious to think she could be league president.

As I noted in our exchange on October 23, 2018...

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades wrote:
If the players want a say who becomes president, I could see that helping a candidate like Catchings.

In April 2017, Catchings was named Director of Player Programs and Franchise Development for Pacers Sports & Entertainment.

I am not sure 1.5 years in that capacity qualifies her to to be the President of the WNBA.

Perhaps a role in the front office would be a good fit for Catchings, but outside of name recognition, what are her qualifications for the position of President?

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=95230&highlight=catchings

Good to say Catchings moving up with the Fever organization, but also staying with the franchise. She is the face of the franchise and will be for many, many years to come.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/04/19 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That being said, it doesn’t mean Catchings couldn’t fill the position if she’s capable of filling a high administrative role for the Fever. There’s nothing to show she even wanted the position. Couldn’t say the same for Lisa Leslie.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/04/19 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
That being said, it doesn’t mean Catchings couldn’t fill the position if she’s capable of filling a high administrative role for the Fever. There’s nothing to show she even wanted the position. Couldn’t say the same for Lisa Leslie.

As I asked then, I am not sure 1.5 years in that capacity qualifies her to to be the President of the WNBA.

Perhaps a role in the front office would be a good fit for Catchings, but, again, I ask -- outside of name recognition, what are her qualifications for the position of WNBA President?

Randy

PostPosted: 03/04/19 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So does this mean Catchings could fire Pokey?

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/04/19 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That would be hilarious Laughing

PostPosted: 03/11/19 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"All for Love"

Quote:
What is love?

It’s the ache in my knees when it rains. It’s the fact I spend more time w/ my trainer than my family. It’s the past 4 Christmas’ spent overseas. It’s SACRIFICE.

And I would do it over & over again, all for the love of the game.

— Natalie Achonwa

https://www.wthr.com/article/fever-put-new-spin-classic-love-story-international-womens-day

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
pilight

PostPosted: 04/05/19 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Victoria Vivians to Miss 2019 Season Due to Injury

https://fever.wnba.com/news/victoria-vivians-to-miss-2019-season-due-to-injury/

Quote:
Indiana Fever guard Victoria Vivians will miss the 2019 WNBA season after sustaining a torn anterior cruciate ligament in her right knee during overseas play March 25 in Israel. She is expected to return for the 2020 WNBA season.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: