RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2019 Free Agents List

View previous topic :: View next topic  
basketballologist

PostPosted: 08/24/18 12:31 am    ::: 2019 Free Agents List Reply Reply with quote

ATL:
Damiris Dantas, Blake Dietrick, Alexis Prince

CHI:
Jamierra Faulkner, Linnae Harper, Alex Montgomery, Astou Ndour, Cheyenne Parker, Courtney Vandersloot

CON:
Betnijah Laney, Jasmine Thomas

DAL:
Cayla George, Glory Johnson, Leticia Romero, Kayla Thornton

IND:
Natalie Achonwa, Shenise Johnson, Cappie Pondexter, Asia Taylor, Erica Wheeler

LVA:
Lindsay Allen, Dearica Hamby

LAS:
Alana Beard, Essence Carson, Chelsea Gray, Odyssey Sims, Katie Lou Samuelson, Riquna Williams

MIN:
Seimone Augustus, Rebekkah Brunson, Sydney Colson, Erlana Larkins, Maya Moore, Lindsey Whalen, Cecilia Zandalasini

NYL:
Rebecca Allen, Brittany Boyd, Marissa Coleman, Epiphanny Prince, Kia Vaughn, Amanda Zahui B, Shavonte Zellous

PHO:
Brittney Griner, Briann January, Sancho Lyttle, Devereaux Peters, Angel Robinson, Stephanie Talbot, Yvonne Turner

SEA:
Noelle Quinn, Mercedes Russell

WAS:
Natasha Cloud, Monique Currie, Tierra Ruffin-Pratt, LaToya Sanders, Krystal Thomas

CORED:
DeWanna Bonner, Tina Charles, Karima Christmas-Kelly, Candice Dupree, Crystal Langhorne, Angel McCoughtry, Allie Quigley

basketballologist

PostPosted: 08/24/18 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going to go ahead and put my RETIRED LIST on here as well

Seimone Augustus
Alana Beard
Rebekkah Brunson
Monique Currie
Briann January
Erlana Larkins
Sancho Lyttle
Noelle Quinn
Krystal Thomas
Lindsay Whalen

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/24/18 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Overall not a very inspiring list for teams in need.

People who know this stuff correct me if anything below is off

Players that have completed their fourth year without being waive are
RFA meaning their most recent team can match any offer Such as Boyd, Ch. Parker or Zahui B

Players that have been waived, then signed new contracts and completed them but have played less than four years are
Reserved meaning if giving a qualifying offer they can only negotiate with their most recent team unless that team gives up their rights players such as L. Allen, A. Prince and Dietrick would be in this category

Coring question the list above is of the players cored last season does the core designation exist for the entirety of their contract? For example if Bonner signed a 3 year contract does that status last for the 3 years preventing PX from being able to core Griner? Or does the core designation disappear once the player signs a new contract?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/24/18 1:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Coring question the list above is of the players cored last season does the core designation exist for the entirety of their contract? For example if Bonner signed a 3 year contract does that status last for the 3 years preventing PX from being able to core Griner? Or does the core designation disappear once the player signs a new contract?

The designation lasts for the length of the contract you sign when cored. So if Bonner signed for three years then they wouldn't be able to core Griner because their spot would be taken up by Bonner (unless they traded her away, or she retired). But obviously if she just signed the one-year tender, then the spot opens back up the next offseason and they could choose to use it on either Bonner or Griner.

And yes, no one with three or fewer years in the league is a free agent - they're Reserved if out of contract, meaning they can't negotiate with anyone other than their existing team (assuming the team bothers to give them a qualifying minimum offer to retain their rights).

And while there's a lot of stuff right in those lists, I seriously doubt that Phoenix are going to allow their franchise center to become an unrestricted free agent.

PostPosted: 08/24/18 1:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

The designation lasts for the length of the contract you sign when cored. So if Bonner signed for three years then they wouldn't be able to core Griner because their spot would be taken up by Bonner (unless they traded her away, or she retired). But obviously if she just signed the one-year tender, then the spot opens back up the next offseason and they could choose to use it on either Bonner or Griner.

And yes, no one with three or fewer years in the league is a free agent - they're Reserved if out of contract, meaning they can't negotiate with anyone other than their existing team (assuming the team bothers to give them a qualifying minimum offer to retain their rights).

And while there's a lot of stuff right in those lists, I seriously doubt that Phoenix are going to allow their franchise center to become an unrestricted free agent.

Thanks

I agree. I can't imagine PX would allow Griner to be an UFA which means that Bonner might be.

Likewise in Chicago if Quigley signed a multi year than Sloot is an UFA but if Quigley only signed one year than Chi has to decide who to core.

I feel pretty confident that Charles only signed one year, but NY is lucky because who else are we going to core.

Sadly, there aren't any exciting UFA on this list.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/24/18 4:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope Wheeler can go to a better team. She's probably not in Fever's long term plans anyways.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/24/18 5:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like what ive seen from Russel. She will be a reserved player for the Storm and i doubt that she is going anywhere

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
basketballologist

PostPosted: 08/24/18 7:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

These were some of the questions I was curious about when accumulating this list. I was confused about UFA, RFA, Reserved, and Cored

root_thing

PostPosted: 08/24/18 7:24 am    ::: Re: 2019 Free Agents List Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:

LAS:
Alana Beard, Essence Carson, Chelsea Gray, Odyssey Sims, Katie Lou Samuelson, Riquna Williams

More special rules for the Sparks? Wink

PostPosted: 08/24/18 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are all these UFA? If not, which ones are?

PostPosted: 08/24/18 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

I'm not sure who's UFA, RFA, Reserved or Cored

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/24/18 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You need six seasons of WNBA experience to be eligible for Unrestricted Free Agency, four years for Restricted Free Agency, and anyone out of contract who's been in the league less than that would be Reserved. Who's cored depends on who gets cored by their teams in January.

So no, not everyone listed is a UFA, not even close.

PostPosted: 08/24/18 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I'm not sure who's UFA, RFA, Reserved or Cored

How’d you derive at the names, Megdal’s data base?

Your cores are from 2018. 2019 cores won’t be determined until January, but you can make a pretty good guess list of cores, any prominent player who is a UFA who hasn’t gotten signed to an extension, like Maya for instance. Confused

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 08/24/18 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Quote:
How’d you derive at the names, Megdal’s data base?

Yes - Inquiring minds want to know

Randy

PostPosted: 08/24/18 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

What happens in the case of an injured player who was cored the prior year? Will Dream have to make an offer to Angel or core her, or if they don't can some other team sign her? (I assume most probably wouldn't want an injured player that might not play the season, but maybe?)

(This all assume she only signed a one year deal and will be a UFA if not cored - the Dream Press Release said she signed a multi-year deal, though that's not necessarily right either.)

pilight

PostPosted: 08/24/18 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel was cored again this year. She remains the Dream's core player for the duration of her current contract.

PostPosted: 08/24/18 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
What happens in the case of an injured player who was cored the prior year? Will Dream have to make an offer to Angel or core her, or if they don't can some other team sign her? (I assume most probably wouldn't want an injured player that might not play the season, but maybe?)

(This all assume she only signed a one year deal and will be a UFA if not cored - the Dream Press Release said she signed a multi-year deal, though that's not necessarily right either.)

If she'd only signed a one-year deal, then yes they would need to core her again to prevent her becoming a true unrestricted free agent. Being injured is irrelevant. If she signed a multi-year deal then she holds the core designation for the length of that deal, or until traded/retired.

That'll be part of why they were keen to get Hayes signed to an extension - she would've become a true UFA without any way to block it.

PostPosted: 08/24/18 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Angel was cored again this year. She remains the Dream's core player for the duration of her current contract.

According to Megdal, she only signed for this year. But the guy who started this topic (but seems clueless about designations) has her as not a free agent.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 08/24/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to the end of season interviews on the Lynx website, Augustus ad Brunson are probably coming back for another season

PostPosted: 08/24/18 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could be wrong but I believe Natasha Cloud will be a Restricted Free Agent this upcoming WNBA off season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: