RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Griner vs. Cambage
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/19/18 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
I think that Cambage proved with this season and her stats that her overall ability to score at will is higher then Griners. She is the most dominant scorer of the 2 so i wonder why people think BG has this one on her? Or is it only mercury bias?

Do people know the different fieldgoal percentages from further out?

I actually think of it in a Kobe vs Lebron kind of way.

Lebron is clearly the more efficient scorer. But Kobe knows how to score in more ways. It’s a learned skill set vs most efficient use of body kind of thing.

Liz is better at scoring because she knows how to use her body better than BG, not because she knows more post moves/has better footwork..etc.

PostPosted: 08/19/18 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
I think that Cambage proved with this season and her stats that her overall ability to score at will is higher then Griners. She is the most dominant scorer of the 2 so i wonder why people think BG has this one on her? Or is it only mercury bias?

Lebron is clearly the more efficient scorer. But Kobe knows how to score in more ways. It’s a learned skill set vs most efficient use of body kind of thing.

Liz is better at scoring because she knows how to use her body better than BG, not because she knows more post moves/has better footwork..etc.

I think this is pretty accurate. Regardless of her stature, Griner is a finesse player, uses her length to get her shots off over players. Cambage will just go straight through like a bulldozer. Both unstoppable when they put their minds to it.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/19/18 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Which suggests that even though Griner is a year older, she'll likely still be playing at a high level after Cambage is finished. Athleticism wears out faster than skill.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: