View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 08/12/18 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zahui? nvm I see answer above.

- Amanda Gorman
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/12/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boy, that escalated quickly.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
zune69

PostPosted: 08/12/18 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Up 11 to down 11 in a 6 minute span.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/12/18 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sad to end our season this way. Just a sad season for the Liberty.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/12/18 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Montgomery has smashed Lennox's franchise record for most threes in a season with extreme prejudice.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
zune69

PostPosted: 08/12/18 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta's role players don't get enough credit...Most people are touting Hayes as a top 5 MVP candidate,I'm not....Since Angel went down,It's really been the role players who have stepped up...Hayes is 11-42 over the last 2+ games.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/12/18 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina forced to play 40 min. today because having Vaughn & Stokes on the court together would be a disaster. Tina must be thinking "get me out of Westchester".

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/12/18 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Tina forced to play 40 min. today because having Vaughn & Stokes on the court together would be a disaster. Tina must be thinking "get me out of Westchester".

I have to wonder if this was Tina Charles's last home game for the Liberty. Two obvious alternatives: (1) demanding an offseason trade; or (2) simply not playing in the WNBA next season. And it's easier to demand a trade if it genuinely seems possible that you might sit out the season if not traded.

Hard to be at the age Charles is, with all the minutes she plays, with all the pounding she takes, and be enthusiastic about a 2019 WNBA season for a rebuilding team in a minor-league venue and playing for money that probably isn't crucial to her.

PostPosted: 08/12/18 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Completely agree about Tina. The camera was on her mostly when the game was over. She looked emotional, undecided & exhausted. She donates half her WNBA paycheck to charity, so there's that factor, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if she demands a trade elsewhere.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/12/18 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream now 16-0 when leading after three quarters

PostPosted: 08/12/18 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I have to wonder if this was Tina Charles's last home game for the Liberty. Two obvious alternatives: (1) demanding an offseason trade; or (2) simply not playing in the WNBA next season. And it's easier to demand a trade if it genuinely seems possible that you might sit out the season if not traded.

Hard to be at the age Charles is, with all the minutes she plays, with all the pounding she takes, and be enthusiastic about a 2019 WNBA season for a rebuilding team in a minor-league venue and playing for money that probably isn't crucial to her.

I'm wondering if the biggest lack of enthusiasm wouldn't be playing for Katie Smith at this point. Even more than all the other factors. I think all of us agree that with better coaching they probably wouldn't be blatantly awful. For me, a very intense fan, I just want there to be hope. Hope for next year...hope for progress. And the coaching has kind of robbed me of that with Wednesday night's game being a very clear example. Next year in some way, shape or form they are going to be a more talented team based on their draft pick. If you're Tina and if you had confidence in the coaching, that draft pick might be a selling point to be able to say to yourself that next year things will be different. Especially if that pick brings the type of size that takes pressure off of you to kill yourself just for the team to be competitive.

But I'm assuming Katie is going to be back, because Dolan rarely changes coaches quickly. And I'm not overwhelmed with confidence even if the talent makes significant improvements. There's just too many easily identifiable things that repeat themselves. I'm tired of it and I've even nearly given up. And I'm not the type to do that. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Dream now 16-0 when leading after three quarters

One Dream win or one DC loss and Dream are No. 2 seed. We play Mercury and Aces, DC plays Indiana, LA and at MN.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Completely agree about Tina. The camera was on her mostly when the game was over. She looked emotional, undecided & exhausted. She donates half her WNBA paycheck to charity, so there's that factor, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if she demands a trade elsewhere.

Aww the princess’s team is having a bad season and she’s checking out. Poor thing. Perhaps she shoulda stayed in Connecticut where she belonged. Karma’s a bitch.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I'm wondering if the biggest lack of enthusiasm wouldn't be playing for Katie Smith at this point. Even more than all the other factors. I think all of us agree that with better coaching they probably wouldn't be blatantly awful. For me, a very intense fan, I just want there to be hope. Hope for next year...hope for progress. And the coaching has kind of robbed me of that with Wednesday night's game being a very clear example. Next year in some way, shape or form they are going to be a more talented team based on their draft pick. If you're Tina and if you had confidence in the coaching, that draft pick might be a selling point to be able to say to yourself that next year things will be different. Especially if that pick brings the type of size that takes pressure off of you to kill yourself just for the team to be competitive.

But I'm assuming Katie is going to be back, because Dolan rarely changes coaches quickly. And I'm not overwhelmed with confidence even if the talent makes significant improvements. There's just too many easily identifiable things that repeat themselves. I'm tired of it and I've even nearly given up. And I'm not the type to do that. Laughing

LOL’ing about the part where you said Dolan rarely changes coaches quickly. Like he really gives two fucks.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Aww the princess’s team is having a bad season and she’s checking out. Poor thing. Perhaps she shoulda stayed in Connecticut where she belonged. Karma’s a bitch.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How do fans know that Charles is not a UFA. Nowhere does it say she signed a multi-year contract before this season started. She might not need to force anything. Simply Walk....

PostPosted: 08/12/18 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
How do fans know that Charles is not a UFA. Nowhere does it say she signed a multi-year contract before this season started. She might not need to force anything. Simply Walk....

Even if she’s UFA she can still be cored. Essentially no freedom.

PostPosted: 08/12/18 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
toad455 wrote:

LOL’ing about the part where you said Dolan rarely changes coaches quickly. Like he really gives two fucks.

That was kind of my point. She’s going nowhere, right?

PostPosted: 08/12/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am skeptical that the Liberty will get a new owner during this offseason, especially given the way that Adam Silver and Lisa Borders offered ridiculous public praise for Hideous Lord Jimmy. But I will believe, or pathetically hope, there's a chance that some individual or group will buy the team in the near future.

If that were to happen, then I'd say all bets are off in terms of who stays. Sexual harasser Isiah Thomas would very likely be out the door. We could see a new GM whether Daakeia Clarke stays in the organization or is out. And we certainly could see a new head coach if New York finishes with a record of 7-27 (and a 13-game losing streak) or even 8-26.

Again, I'm skeptical that we'll see a new owner before the 2019 season begins. But it seems possible, if unlikely.

PostPosted: 08/12/18 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm, I've read every post you've made in these game folders and in the Liberty team folder, and I have been repeatedly entertained by your devotion to reminding us of Isiah's sexual misconduct by referring to him as "Sexual harasser Isiah Thomas." Only with your last post did I realize that there's an acronym in play there.

Yeah, I'm slow on the uptake. Smile

NYSports56

PostPosted: 08/12/18 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
\Aww the princess’s team is having a bad season and she’s checking out. Poor thing. Perhaps she shoulda stayed in Connecticut where she belonged. Karma’s a bitch.

Yeah, hatin' on Tina isn't going to get any traction with the Liberty fans here. I don't have any problem with an athlete who has paid their dues as a superstar wanting to come home. Tina has been nothing but asset to the team, shouldering the entire load of a roster where she is the only superstar without complaint. She's also a pillar of community. I wouldn't blame her leaving one bit given the current circumstances, but she's such a quality individual that I entertain hope that her hometown inclinations take priority when she makes her decision.

If Karma's a bitch, your derisive treatment of a truly outstanding human being won't weigh favorably upon you.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/12/18 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
\Aww the princess’s team is having a bad season and she’s checking out. Poor thing. Perhaps she shoulda stayed in Connecticut where she belonged. Karma’s a bitch.

Yeah, hatin' on Tina isn't going to get any traction with the Liberty fans here. I don't have any problem with an athlete who has paid their dues as a superstar wanting to come home. Tina has been nothing but asset to the team, shouldering the entire load of a roster where she is the only superstar without complaint. She's also a pillar of community. I wouldn't blame her leaving one bit given the current circumstances, but she's such a quality individual that I entertain hope that her hometown inclinations take priority when she makes her decision.

If Karma's a bitch, your derisive treatment of a truly outstanding human being won't weigh favorably upon you.

Well said, NYSports56.

PostPosted: 08/16/18 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XDj-y237Scs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: