4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 43

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/14/18 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:
BamaEd wrote:
A very interesting article about why Collen should be voted Coach of the Year:

https://www.swishappeal.com/wnba/2018/8/13/17683382/wnba-atlanta-dream-nicki-collen-coach-of-the-year

I'd love to see her get it, but I'm afraid the voters will take the easy way out and go for the coach of the team with the best record. Also, the Dream started out slow and like we saw with Sykes ROY campaign last year, not getting noticed until the second half of the season is a big hurdle to overcome.

However, article and getting her name in the news can help. She could get COM for August as well.

It's going to be amusing when the #2 seed in the playoffs gets shut out of all the postseason awards.

It's amusing that this would apply to both possible #2 seeds.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/14/18 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:
BamaEd wrote:

https://www.swishappeal.com/wnba/2018/8/13/17683382/wnba-atlanta-dream-nicki-collen-coach-of-the-year

I'd love to see her get it, but I'm afraid the voters will take the easy way out and go for the coach of the team with the best record. Also, the Dream started out slow and like we saw with Sykes ROY campaign last year, not getting noticed until the second half of the season is a big hurdle to overcome.

However, article and getting her name in the news can help. She could get COM for August as well.

It's going to be amusing when the #2 seed in the playoffs gets shut out of all the postseason awards.

There's no way EDD gets left off the All WNBA teams. Atlanta might or might not have a second teamer.

PostPosted: 08/14/18 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:
BamaEd wrote:

There's no way EDD gets left off the All WNBA teams. Atlanta might or might not have a second teamer.

Hayes has been getting lots of press lately, I think she makes it.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/14/18 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
This last loss against SEA was filled with ironies. Howard goes 9-10, Wright and Robinson (I know she was out) combine for very little, her must-have player Zandalasini gets the start and puts up 0-8, and AJones gets 10 pts in 6 min. Sums up all the mistakes in Reeve’s offseason gameplan.

And also fittingly Reeve wanted/needed to sign a bargin-bin guard right now and both of her free agency bargin-bin PF signings are gone, when all Reeve had to do to afford Howard, unless Reeve was cheap and determined she would never pay her a max contract because then she'd be making as much, or more money than her vet starters, was instead of having both D-Rob and Wright, replace one of them with a bargin-bin guard. Though to be fair, Howard might be still be "mediocre" if she was playing for Reeve instead of a top coach in the WNBA. Cool

Shades

PostPosted: 08/16/18 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ESPNW says it’s Collen.
http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24386855/seattle-storm-breanna-stewart-espnw-pick-wnba-mvp-aja-wilson-top-rookie-nicki-collen-top-coach

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: