RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Koch Bros. find: Medicare For All will save $2T
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/12/18 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Bernie Sanders misunderstood study he used to tout ‘Medicare for All,’ author says

Quote:
Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and progressive Democrats have defended their push for "Medicare for All" in recent days with an unlikely aid: A study from a free-market think tank that concludes, in their reading, that the reform would save $2 trillion in healthcare costs.

But the study’s author said that the advocates are glossing over key details in the findings: namely that it doesn’t say that.

“Some are people under the misimpression that the study found that healthcare spending nationally would go down or rise more slowly if we enacted Medicare for All,” Charles Blahous, the author of the study published last month by the libertarian Mercatus Center at George Mason University, told the Washington Examiner. “The study absolutely did not say that. It says the opposite.”

Thank god. The thought that only the USA had health care payment wrong was unimaginable, and the idea that profit margin is not the most important consideration in such an industry is so, so, SO wrong.

Here's to ever-increasing profits, premiums, bankruptcies and deaths.

PostPosted: 08/13/18 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
These points may be (currently) true, but it ignores the huge question: What is The Big Difference between the USA, and places like Germany, Canada, Japan, France, etc.? How can these industrialized, capitalistic, Top-Tier economies provide universal health care for their citizens, but the USA cannot? Hmmm....

Medicare as we know it is clearly is not adequate, but there is tangible proof that Better Models exist. WHO is keeping us from attaining that, and WHY?

The big difference is that 8 out of the top 10 doctors in the entire world are right here in the USA. The other 2 are from a country not on your list, which is India, where the private sector is responsible for the majority of healthcare. Where is your proof that a better model exists? In your head?

Where does all of the innovation in healthcare come from? Germany, Canada, France, etc? NO. We have the most innovation right here because we have a system that is NOT government-run. Sorry, but we don't need our healthcare system run by an entity that can't run anything at all properly. I certainly don't need my well-being controlled by the likes of the DMV, where unqualified government employees run the show with zero incentive to do a good job because there is no competition. That is what you will get with government health care. No thank you. And by the way, Canada is where our doctors go after they fuck up over here. Wealthy Canadians come HERE for healthcare. Not the other way around.

Howee

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Howee wrote:
These points may be (currently) true, but it ignores the huge question: What is The Big Difference between the USA, and places like Germany, Canada, Japan, France, etc.? How can these industrialized, capitalistic, Top-Tier economies provide universal health care for their citizens, but the USA cannot? Hmmm....

Medicare as we know it is clearly is not adequate, but there is tangible proof that Better Models exist. WHO is keeping us from attaining that, and WHY?

The big difference is that 8 out of the top 10 doctors in the entire world are right here in the USA. The other 2 are from a country not on your list, which is India, where the private sector is responsible for the majority of healthcare. Where is your proof that a better model exists? In your head?

Where does all of the innovation in healthcare come from? Germany, Canada, France, etc? NO. We have the most innovation right here because we have a system that is NOT government-run. Sorry, but we don't need our healthcare system run by an entity that can't run anything at all properly. I certainly don't need my well-being controlled by the likes of the DMV, where unqualified government employees run the show with zero incentive to do a good job because there is no competition. That is what you will get with government health care. No thank you. And by the way, Canada is where our doctors go after they fuck up over here. Wealthy Canadians come HERE for healthcare. Not the other way around.

This response above is so littered with Fux Newz Talking Points, it's hysterical. I'd suggest you take one more of those First Class Flights to a Germany, Canada (where I've lived), Japan, etc. AND STAY THERE for a significant length of time. That might cure your pathetic "America Is The Uber Best At Everything" perspective on life.

Please try to learn a Thing or Three about reality here.
Quote:
In addition to ranking last or close to last in access, administrative efficiency, equity and health care outcomes, the U.S. was found to spend the most money on health care.

PostPosted: 08/15/18 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Howee wrote:

This response above is so littered with Fux Newz Talking Points, it's hysterical. I'd suggest you take one more of those First Class Flights to a Germany, Canada (where I've lived), Japan, etc. AND STAY THERE for a significant length of time. That might cure your pathetic "America Is The Uber Best At Everything" perspective on life.

Please try to learn a Thing or Three about reality here.
Quote:
In addition to ranking last or close to last in access, administrative efficiency, equity and health care outcomes, the U.S. was found to spend the most money on health care.

They're called FACTS try educating yourself some time and not getting your information from Newsweek.
https://www.embibe.com/exams/top-10-doctors-around-the-world/

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 08/15/18 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:

Now there's a definitive source...a poorly written list of doctors on a test-prep company's website with absolutely no information about how that list was derived. The author could have just pulled names out of a hat for all we know. And having had one of those doctors supposedly care for me, I can tell you he wouldn't be one of the top ten doctors in a nine doctor hog clinic in Outer Slobovia somewhere.

justintyme

PostPosted: 08/15/18 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

Now there's a definitive source...a poorly written list of doctors on a test-prep company's website with absolutely no information about how that list was derived. The author could have just pulled names out of a hat for all we know. And having had one of those doctors supposedly care for me, I can tell you he wouldn't be one of the top ten doctors in a nine doctor hog clinic in Outer Slobovia somewhere.

What! Some random dude's list of doctors isn't definitive enough for you?

I'm going to make my own listicle of the 10 best doctors. You won't believe #2.

PostPosted: 08/15/18 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
What! Some random dude's list of doctors isn't definitive enough for you?

I'm going to make my own listicle of the 10 best doctors. You won't believe #2.

And I'm thinking a "listicle" is a list whose supporting evidence would fit on a popsicle stick?

Howee

PostPosted: 08/16/18 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
They're called FACTS try educating yourself some time and not getting your information from Newsweek.

You were given "facts"....and just didn't like them. BooHoo.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Yes, "embibe" is SO much more credible than Newsweek. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: