RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Liberty🗽 @ Aces♠️ - 8/15/18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Liberty
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Aces
84%
 84%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 19

Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49655



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s looking like the Liberty have caught onto the #3 vs #4 lottery thing if Dallas slips out of the playoffs. Players mysteriously out forever, no health exemption players, no Charles in this game.... they really don’t want to win. Pride is out the door in the hopes of moving up one slot.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7677
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This could be a preview of next years liberty team Shocked



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
craigmont



Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Posts: 533
Location: Bing-town


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This score looks like a Harlem Globetrotters game.


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1154



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last time Charles sat the last couple games of a regular season was when she was unhappy in CT and forced a trade in the off season.


RI_Sun_Fan



Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 587



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aces and Eight(s) = Dead Man's Hand


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1154



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie Smith is tanking this game on purpose to ensure her old buddy Bill Laimbeer gets into the playoffs.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49655



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
5thmantheme wrote:
Both teams have fairly good reasons to lose this game, for draft lotto odds.
And hey, the Refs usually win anyways, right?
(can't vote for the refs = bummer)

If the Aces wanna make a last ditch playoff push ... now's the time.


Aces win tonight and they are tied with Wings for 8th place. Looks like the Wings have the tie-breaker, but they play Friday night.


But the thing is if the Wings win even win one more game, I do believe the Aces would have to win out.

Last games
DAL @ SEA ~ Pretty sure SEA won’t have any incentive to win. Who would they rather have in the playoffs?
ATL @ LVA ~ Not sure if ATL will have incentive to win. Can LVA get the upset if ATL still has incentive?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
craigmont



Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Posts: 533
Location: Bing-town


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
5thmantheme wrote:
Both teams have fairly good reasons to lose this game, for draft lotto odds.
And hey, the Refs usually win anyways, right?
(can't vote for the refs = bummer)

If the Aces wanna make a last ditch playoff push ... now's the time.


Aces win tonight and they are tied with Wings for 8th place. Looks like the Wings have the tie-breaker, but they play Friday night.


But the thing is if the Wings win even win one more game, I do believe the Aces would have to win out.

Last games
DAL @ SEA ~ Pretty sure SEA won’t have any incentive to win. Who would they rather have in the playoffs?
ATL @ LVA ~ Not sure if ATL will have incentive to win. Can LVA get the upset if ATL still has incentive?


The top 2 seeds might rest people, but I doubt it would be to try to manipulate who gets the 8th seed.


ChasingRatDogmaSalade



Joined: 05 Apr 2008
Posts: 211
Location: Las Vegas, NV


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas' Magic Number is 2. Any combination of 2 Wings' wins and Aces' losses and Dallas gets the eight seed.

So even if we win tonight, and beat Dallas Friday, an Aces loss to Atlanta and a Dallas win over Seattle Sunday, puts the Wings in the postseason.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23657



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Katie Smith is tanking this game on purpose to ensure her old buddy Bill Laimbeer gets into the playoffs.


I don't think she has to try.

And for Vegas, Nared is such a zero. I guess there is hope for improvement, considering how much Plum improved year one to year two.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18899



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Sorry Liberty fans, but I'm going to enjoy Bec Allen time while I can Smile

When I wrote that I was assuming that some of the shots would go near the basket Confused



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee


Last edited by Luuuc on 08/15/18 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17877



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
This could be a preview of next years liberty team Shocked


Nah. I think half these players won't be in a Liberty uniform next season.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
lethalweapon3



Joined: 17 May 2018
Posts: 122
Location: ATL ITP, GA


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Do we even score 40 tonight?


Probably.

60?

I'm not at Liberty to say.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20762
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Sorry Liberty fans, but I'm going to enjoy Bec Allen time while I can Smile

When I wrote that I was assuming that some of the shots would go near the basket Confused

Saving all the good ones for Tenerife?



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Coyotes



Joined: 28 Jan 2018
Posts: 323



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Sorry Liberty fans, but I'm going to enjoy Bec Allen time while I can Smile

When I wrote that I was assuming that some of the shots would go near the basket Confused

Saving all the good ones for Tenerife?


There's no guarantee that Bec will make it to Tenerife. Is there?


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7677
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
Dallas' Magic Number is 2. Any combination of 2 Wings' wins and Aces' losses and Dallas gets the eight seed.

So even if we win tonight, and beat Dallas Friday, an Aces loss to Atlanta and a Dallas win over Seattle Sunday, puts the Wings in the postseason.


We own the tie breaker vs vegas so even if we lose friday all we need to do is win 1. Sounds easy however we have been needing to just win 1 for almost 2 weeks now it seems.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
ChasingRatDogmaSalade



Joined: 05 Apr 2008
Posts: 211
Location: Las Vegas, NV


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
Dallas' Magic Number is 2. Any combination of 2 Wings' wins and Aces' losses and Dallas gets the eight seed.

So even if we win tonight, and beat Dallas Friday, an Aces loss to Atlanta and a Dallas win over Seattle Sunday, puts the Wings in the postseason.


We own the tie breaker vs vegas so even if we lose friday all we need to do is win 1. Sounds easy however we have been needing to just win 1 for almost 2 weeks now it seems.


If we win out, and you win Sunday, we get the eight seed.

We would be 16-18, and you guys would be 15-19.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7677
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
Dallas' Magic Number is 2. Any combination of 2 Wings' wins and Aces' losses and Dallas gets the eight seed.

So even if we win tonight, and beat Dallas Friday, an Aces loss to Atlanta and a Dallas win over Seattle Sunday, puts the Wings in the postseason.


We own the tie breaker vs vegas so even if we lose friday all we need to do is win 1. Sounds easy however we have been needing to just win 1 for almost 2 weeks now it seems.


If we win out, and you win Sunday, we get the eight seed.

We would be 16-18, and you guys would be 15-19.



If we win our next game friday versus LV we are in. 1 game for all the marbles.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Iluvacc



Joined: 11 Jun 2005
Posts: 2612



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hartley and Shenise Johnson are going to the same hair stylist?


ChasingRatDogmaSalade



Joined: 05 Apr 2008
Posts: 211
Location: Las Vegas, NV


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
Dallas' Magic Number is 2. Any combination of 2 Wings' wins and Aces' losses and Dallas gets the eight seed.

So even if we win tonight, and beat Dallas Friday, an Aces loss to Atlanta and a Dallas win over Seattle Sunday, puts the Wings in the postseason.


We own the tie breaker vs vegas so even if we lose friday all we need to do is win 1. Sounds easy however we have been needing to just win 1 for almost 2 weeks now it seems.


If we win out, and you win Sunday, we get the eight seed.

We would be 16-18, and you guys would be 15-19.



If we win our next game friday versus LV we are in. 1 game for all the marbles.


Well ... .yeah .... That would be "Any combination of 2 Wings' wins and Aces' losses"


RI_Sun_Fan



Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 587



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Assuming the Aces win this one... An Aces win in their next game (against the Wings) wouldn't be sufficient to get the Aces to 8th. The Aces would still need a win in their last game or a Wings loss in their last game.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20762
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Sorry Liberty fans, but I'm going to enjoy Bec Allen time while I can Smile

When I wrote that I was assuming that some of the shots would go near the basket Confused

Saving all the good ones for Tenerife?


There's no guarantee that Bec will make it to Tenerife. Is there?

No, no guarantees. She is in the 20-player training squad that they named though (and given that there are three different naturalised players in that group, it's really 11 from 17).



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7183



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All Dallas needs to do is beat LV...and we will....I highly doubt any Dallas player or Coach wants to get a lottery pick...LV's playoff hope will come to an end on Friday.


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18899



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
All Dallas needs to do is beat LV...and we will....I highly doubt any Dallas player or Coach wants to get a lottery pick...LV's playoff hope will come to an end on Friday.

You're a lot more confident than I am. (assuming Bill actually wants to win, which I'm not confident about either)



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7183



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing .....@ the LV PA announcer chanting "We want Dallas".....that's bulletin board material.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin