Lynx
59%
 59%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 22

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/14/18 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
It’s too bad we won’t get Chicago in the playoffs. They deserve it more than the Aces or Wings.

No merc, they don’t. Laughing Cool

Looking forward to the Lottery Bowl.

Laughing

Well, I like your team, so I’ll root for y’all to get Katie, so I’ll like them more. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/14/18 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
wow, what's wrong with the lynx?

they look old and tired.

They're old and tired. Very Happy

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/14/18 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
scrappy wrote:

they look old and tired.

As I've said before, the biggest threats to MIN's championship chances are LA and age... Idea

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/14/18 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Cheryl Reeve in the postgame press conference talking about Chicago's Diamond DeShields.

"Diamond (DeShields) just destroyed Maya Moore."

https://twitter.com/Jared_Hines27/status/1029557566106427398

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Quote:
Cheryl Reeve in the postgame press conference talking about Chicago's Diamond DeShields.

"Diamond (DeShields) just destroyed Maya Moore."

https://twitter.com/Jared_Hines27/status/1029557566106427398

I love it when a players potential is beyond obvious and becomes understood to the majority. Im now Glad Diamond left for Cukurova. Shes been on my radar since high schoool. Watching her play back then i automatically thought this girl is going to be a star in the W.

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The magic number is ONE! Cool

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That three pointer by Parker at the end of the game. Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
craigmont wrote:
scrappy wrote:

they look old and tired.

As I've said before, the biggest threats to MIN's championship chances are LA and age... Idea

Or to be more specific, Cheryl Reeve. The Lynx making her GM instead of a more qualified person like Shades has doomed the franchise. The Natasha Howard Curse has now been confirmed that says whatever team has her shall make it to the Finals every year, and whatever team is stupid enough to trade her shall go .500 and be forced to rebuild. Reeve decided to risk that such a curse doesn't exist, so it's all her fault. Cool

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
craigmont wrote:
scrappy wrote:

they look old and tired.

Or to be more specific, Cheryl Reeve. The Lynx making her GM instead of a more qualified person like Shades has doomed the franchise. The Natasha Howard Curse has now been confirmed that says whatever team has her shall make it to the Finals every year, and whatever team is stupid enough to trade her shall go .500 and be forced to rebuild. Reeve decided to risk that such a curse doesn't exist, so it's all her fault. Cool

Ooh i see what you did here 💩

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

What was that?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

What was that?

Speaking that curse into existence since day 1 of the regular season Laughing. Its really happening #Facepalm

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

What was that?

Speaking that curse into existence since day 1 of the regular season Laughing. Its really happening #Facepalm

Curses are always spoken into existence. That's the only way they happen.

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

What was that?

Kudos to space for being consistent!!!

PostPosted: 08/14/18 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

What was that?

Kudos to space for being consistent!!!

Cursing is what I do when I realize that I could've made a ton of money on my "predictions" of the Storm winning the WNBA title, or a Storm vs. Dream Finals if they happened, but I'm a bum who never looked up how to bet on the WNBA at the time, so I am still stuck paying basement rent. Smile

I wish I was as consistent as Shades was in knowing Reeve did irreparable damage to the Lynx, instead of deciding to be optimistic and give Reeve the benefit of the doubt for a brief period. Embarassed

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 08/15/18 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
craigmont wrote:
scrappy wrote:

they look old and tired.

🤦🤦🤦🤦 What makes you think these stupid posts up

PostPosted: 08/15/18 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:

You represent everything that is wrong with Minnesota/Lynx fans, embracing going .500 with two should-be MVP-caliber players in their primes, Seattle being the top team in the league in major part because Reeve gifted them a super talented player for basically nothing instead of keeping her for the Lynx now and the future. If you were fans of them, you'd think the Jordan/Pippen Bulls winning 3 titles instead of 6 in the 90s would've been good enough, and the Warriors losing in the playoffs is okay because winning is "hard". I find it hard to believe a team with Maya & Fowles shouldn't be at least be as good as a team whose top players are Tiffany Hayes & Elizabeth Williams, but the Dream proved to be way smarter than Reeve, who has all but confirmed my suspicions that she is an overrated coach who needs to have at least 4 or 5 Hall of Fame caliber players in their prime to make her look good, otherwise she doesn't know what she's doing, and she's terrible and developing/valuing young talent (or she wouldn't have given Howard away for nothing a year after giving most of her minutes last year to Pierson despite having a big 2016 season, so she can acquire enough vets, who end up contributing little/nothing, so she can have an excuse to never play Alexis Jones, instead of letting her build off of doing well to end last season/the WNBA Finals).

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
LynxFan32 wrote:

You represent everything that is wrong with Minnesota/Lynx fans, embracing going .500 with two should-be MVP-caliber players in their primes, Seattle being the top team in the league in major part because Reeve gifted them a super talented player for basically nothing instead of keeping her for the Lynx now and the future. If you were fans of them, you'd think the Jordan/Pippen Bulls winning 3 titles instead of 6 in the 90s would've been good enough, and the Warriors losing in the playoffs is okay because winning is "hard". I find it hard to believe a team with Maya & Fowles shouldn't be at least be as good as a team whose top players are Tiffany Hayes & Elizabeth Williams, but the Dream proved to be way smarter than Reeve, who has all but confirmed my suspicions that she is an overrated coach who needs to have at least 4 or 5 Hall of Fame caliber players in their prime to make her look good, otherwise she doesn't know what she's doing, and she's terrible and developing/valuing young talent (or she wouldn't have given Howard away for nothing a year after giving most of her minutes last year to Pierson despite having a big 2016 season, so she can acquire enough vets, who end up contributing little/nothing, so she can have an excuse to never play Alexis Jones, instead of letting her build off of doing well to end last season/the WNBA Finals).

This season makes it hard to argue against this........

PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
LynxFan32 wrote:

Maybe it's Moore and Fowles who need HOF caliber teammates to win. Fowles wasn't exactly raking in the rings in Chicago. Maya's never played on a team where she didn't have murderer's row to back her up.

PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
LynxFan32 wrote:

This season makes it hard to argue against this........

Put Maya Moore and Sylvia "Flagrant" Fouls on any other team except maybe Indiana and you would have a better team than the Lynx this year.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/15/18 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
LynxFan32 wrote:

Maybe it's Moore and Fowles who need HOF caliber teammates to win. Fowles wasn't exactly raking in the rings in Chicago. Maya's never played on a team where she didn't have murderer's row to back her up.

“Murderer’s row” is still there, though Brunson has missed a bunch of games because of Tiffany I-Put-Players-In-A Hayes By-Bustin-Their-Nose-And-Then-Crying-About-The-Fine-On-Twitter.

It’s easy to recognize good players when they’re winning. Breland has been very helpful. SpaceJunkie must have forgotten about her, but McCoughtry has been helpful this year. Sykes doesn’t look like she’s regressed much. Bentley has decide to sporadically help. Montgomery turned out much better than the Clarendon-lovers wanted. Put it all together, that’s quite a bit of help.

There’s only so much a fatigued Maya (played in same Russian league as fatigued-to-the-point-of-illness Ogwumike) can do without more help. She’s always the biggest effort, hardest working player on the court. That’s what people should see. That’s what Reeve should see instead of deflecting blame from herself for this disappointing season.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 08/15/18 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Quote:
“Murderer’s row” is still there, though Brunson has missed a bunch of games because of Tiffany I-Put-Players-In-A Hayes By-Bustin-Their-Nose-And-Then-Crying-About-The-Fine-On-Twitter.

Good try, but it will never match SpaceJunkie's Syvia "Flagrant" Fouls. Too long and complicated. Gotta go for the player's defining characteristic in just few words that tie to their names. I've been trying to come up with some for various players and it's tough.

Razz

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 08/15/18 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
LynxFan32 wrote:

Haha I don't represent everything that is wrong for Minnesota fans.....you need to take a chill pill....they have one bad season in eight years and you are so down on them....you know how many other teams fans would like to cheer their team on in the playoffs and be tied for the most league titles after 8 years...you sound very spolied and entitled...does Jordan have a title for every year he played in the league....exactly.....even the best don't get titles every year....maybe you should step away from being a half lynx fan because it is making you sound crazy

PostPosted: 08/15/18 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
It’s easy to recognize good players when they’re winning. Breland has been very helpful. SpaceJunkie must have forgotten about her, but McCoughtry has been helpful this year. Sykes doesn’t look like she’s regressed much. Bentley has decide to sporadically help. Montgomery turned out much better than the Clarendon-lovers wanted. Put it all together, that’s quite a bit of help.

There’s only so much a fatigued Maya (played in same Russian league as fatigued-to-the-point-of-illness Ogwumike) can do without more help. She’s always the biggest effort, hardest working player on the court. That’s what people should see. That’s what Reeve should see instead of deflecting blame from herself for this disappointing season.

That's what I was also implying. The Dream acquired Montgomery and Breland who have been major contributors, while Reeve's idea to improve(?) the Lynx around Maya & Fowles was trade away now a star because she plays for a coach who actual values her, Howard, just for the chance of getting better draft picks next season (which worked, since the Lynx suck this year, so their own picks are better), and use the money saved by not re-signing Howard to sign Wright, Kizer, and Miyem, who all contributed virtually nothing this year (along with acquiring D-Rob, but I am fine with D-Rob and she was starting to get going before her injury). Reeve either a terrible coach, or terrible GM, because almost everything she's been touching this year turned into crap.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/15/18 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:

That's what I was also implying. The Dream acquired Montgomery and Breland who have been major contributors, while Reeve's idea to improve(?) the Lynx around Maya & Fowles was trade away now a star because she plays for a coach who actual values her, Howard, just for the chance of getting better draft picks next season (which worked, since the Lynx suck this year, so their own picks are better), and use the money saved by not re-signing Howard to sign Wright, Kizer, and Miyem, who all contributed virtually nothing this year (along with acquiring D-Rob, but I am fine with D-Rob and she was starting to get going before her injury). Reeve either a terrible coach, or terrible GM, because almost everything she's been touching this year turned into crap.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
You've been on fire lately

Randy

PostPosted: 08/15/18 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I never thought of it like that. If Howard didn't help Seattle and they sucked then the Lynx would have good draft pick. But if Howard+Seattle was great and the Lynx sucked they would still get a good draft pick. Seems like an EOY strategy me - there was literally no way to lose. All they risked was a championship. Thanks for explaining it SpaceJunkie!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: