View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 07/11/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
I still offer

Prince for IMS

(Or any guard not named Nurse)

Atlanta looks like it is win now mode. With the trade of Clarendon Prince could be the back up at the 2, and Bentley could back up the 2/3 basically always playing the 2 behind Sykes/Hays, or when Sliding Sykes/Hayes over when Angel goes out.

NY frees up minutes for Nurse and Boyd

and get IMS for half a season to see if she can do anything. If yes we have a youngwe/bigger post to replace Vaughn next season, if no we still have freed up guard minutes for Nurse and aren't likely to make the playoffs either way, so it doesn't hurt our lottery chances.

Also ISM good streak seems to have come to an end with the return of Williams and her return to 5-12 minutes a night of the bench

Why would ATL need prince when they just picked up Bentley ?

Yeah, they don't need help at the guard position.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mercfan3

PostPosted: 07/11/18 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Phoenix could use some offensive punch off the bench and a backup veteran post

Prince,Vaughn & the 2019 2nd pk for Turner,Robinson & the Mercury's 2019 1st rd pk.

Regardless of whether they'd want to do that, it's likely two high-end salaries for two low-end ones. No way Phoenix can fit that in, considering they're already having to wait just to fit in a 12th player.

We don’t want to do it either. Laughing

PostPosted: 07/12/18 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
I still offer

Prince for IMS

(Or any guard not named Nurse)

Atlanta looks like it is win now mode. With the trade of Clarendon Prince could be the back up at the 2, and Bentley could back up the 2/3 basically always playing the 2 behind Sykes/Hays, or when Sliding Sykes/Hayes over when Angel goes out.

NY frees up minutes for Nurse and Boyd

and get IMS for half a season to see if she can do anything. If yes we have a youngwe/bigger post to replace Vaughn next season, if no we still have freed up guard minutes for Nurse and aren't likely to make the playoffs either way, so it doesn't hurt our lottery chances.

Also ISM good streak seems to have come to an end with the return of Williams and her return to 5-12 minutes a night of the bench

Why would ATL need prince when they just picked up Bentley ?

Yeah, they don't need help at the guard position.

I kind of agree, but Prince is slightly more of a PG than Bentley, and is still better than Dietrick or A. Prince.

Ironically the first time I put this trade out there people thought it was lop sided in favor of Atl. Now people are saying why would Atl do it. Which by the law of averages means it is a close to equal trade.

But yeah with Hayes healthy and the addition of Bentley E. Prince would be a little redundant. But IMS has fallen out of the rotation again so I thought I would give it a shot.

OTOOH Prince has been playing better, and is hitting her 3s so if NY can figure out the rotation she is probably more useful to NY than I give her credit.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/12/18 4:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even if IMS falls out of the rotation, she was nice insurance when EWill was out. Probably the best role for her.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/12/18 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm assuming the trade deadline is after the break?

I wonder if someone in New York will get moved..

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/12/18 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:

There's some disagreement on that date. This page - http://www.wnba.com/news/key-dates-2018/ - says it's July 23rd. The Guide & Register has a clearly misprinted 'July 2', but in a date-ordered list that suggests it's after the All-Star Game on July 28th. So I'm currently not entirely sure.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

There's some disagreement on that date. This page - http://www.wnba.com/news/key-dates-2018/ - says it's July 23rd. The Guide & Register has a clearly misprinted 'July 2', but in a date-ordered list that suggests it's after the All-Star Game on July 28th. So I'm currently not entirely sure.

FWIW, the team media guides for the Liberty and Mercury also say it is the 23rd.

PostPosted: 08/14/18 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

G.Johnson for K.Copper.

This trade makes sense for both teams...Chicago needs a PF....Dallas needs a young athletic wing.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/18 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

This trade makes sense for both teams...Chicago needs a PF....Dallas needs a young athletic wing.

They better throw in a 1st rd pick as well. Glory has more value than copper imo. Glory for Diamond however would be perfect. Let copper step into the starting role for chicago.

PostPosted: 08/14/18 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

They better throw in a 1st rd pick as well. Glory has more value than copper imo. Glory for Diamond however would be perfect. Let copper step into the starting role for chicago.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/18 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

NO!

Laughing She was a cubic zirconium before the season started to sky fans though. She even wants to play in dallas herself remember ?

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

These are the type of decisions that are made after one whole day of smoking that LOUD!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

These are the type of decisions that are made after one whole day of smoking that LOUD!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lol are you in my closet? Wink

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

Glory's the better player but she's having a very underwhelming season.Not to mention the emergence of Stevens...Stevens can't play 26-30 minutes if Johnson's still on the roster.Thornton's not a SF...The Wings have a great need for a player with Copper's ability....Adding Copper plus a top 5 pick should make Dallas a legit contender...Sure,player for player,Glory has more value....But adding Copper and making Stevens a starter will make Dallas a better,more balanced basketball team.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

Glory's the better player but she's having a very underwhelming season.Not to mention the emergence of Stevens...Stevens can't play 26-30 minutes if Johnson's still on the roster.Thornton's not a SF...The Wings have a great need for a player with Copper's ability....Adding Copper plus a top 5 pick should make Dallas a legit contender...Sure,player for player,Glory has more value....But adding Copper and making Stevens a starter will make Dallas a better,more balanced basketball team.

This could work actually , id feel more safe if this offseason Z makes it a priority to get stronger.

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

This could work actually , id feel more safe if this offseason Z makes it a priority to get stronger.

If Chicago ends up drafting a center....maybe we can convince them to sweeten the pot..........Johnson/Davis for Copper/Coates.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

If Chicago ends up drafting a center....maybe we can convince them to sweeten the pot..........Johnson/Davis for Copper/Coates.

Not sure about Coates yet. I need to see a real post move and NOT from a pedal stool! Id rather have Copper than Hill TBH.

PostPosted: 08/14/18 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
G.Johnson for K.Copper.

NO!

Laughing She was a cubic zirconium before the season started to sky fans though. She even wants to play in dallas herself remember ?

The way this year has gone, if DeShields had demanded a trade to Dallas, she probably would've demanded a trade back to Chicago upon realizing Chicago & Stocks wasn't that bad after all compared to the Fred/Bibb mess in Dallas. Smile

zune69

PostPosted: 08/15/18 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Not sure about Coates yet. I need to see a real post move and NOT from a pedal stool! Id rather have Copper than Hill TBH.

Post up moves for what?....All Coates needs to do is rebound,defend,finish around the basket,improve her jump shot and FT shooting....We want Coates to be a 10-14 minute reliable backup post,not a 25 mpg primary offensive player.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Post up moves for what?....All Coates needs to do is rebound,defend,finish around the basket,improve her jump shot and FT shooting....We want Coates to be a 10-14 minute reliable backup post,not a 25 mpg primary offensive player.

good luck with that. And backup to who?

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Laughing I have no idea , but being a back up is the only thing ive ever imagined Coates being in this league . She will have her random game where she grabs 11 rebounds , but 3 ppg and 3 rebs a game doesnt really excite me . We will have to agree to disagree on this one Zune , although i would not be mad if they did make this move . I just dont see the benefit .

PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Cambage of Course.Liz can play 30 mpg,Coates can get the remaining 10...It would also be smart to have a young post just in case Cambage decides not to show up in 2020.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Cambage of Course.Liz can play 30 mpg,Coates can get the remaining 10...It would also be smart to have a young post just in case Cambage decides not to show up in 2020.

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24381686/liz-cambage-dallas-wings-says-return-wnba-2019-the-air

Quote:
"I've said this many times: [The WNBA] doesn't pay my bills ... playing here doesn't pay my bills," Cambage said. "We make more money overseas. I'm ready to have next summer off and focus on getting a European contract where its 10 seasons here worth the pay.

Not sure that will be an option next season .

PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She must have a lot of bills if 100k for 5 months work and free housing doesn't cut it.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/15/18 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
She must have a lot of bills if 100k for 5 months work and free housing doesn't cut it.

I don't have any problem with Liz making this decision for herself. If she doesn't feel like she is being paid what she is worth and she can make more in Europe more power to her. This is just one of the problems the WNBA faces. I find it refreshing that she is open and honest about it.

My question is "Which is a bigger loss for the Wings, Cambage or Williams?" I'd put up a poll, but I think we all know the answer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: