Wings🦇 @ Mystics🧙🏼‍♀️ - 8/12/18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
tfan wrote:
scrappy wrote:
what happened with cambage? is she out for the year?

She hit her head on the floor two games ago. Out as part of concussion treatment.

I didn't even see her listed in the box score as DNP. Her name is totally gone???
If she was not playing due to injury she should still be listed.

Yeah, someone screwed up the box score as she was with the team. I see that Kaela Davis was listed as DNP - ILLNESS. Didn’t notice if she was at the game.

Last edited by tfan on 08/12/18 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2 Letters ...."__" and im sure most posters dont need me to say it. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Cambage has a concussion then its a bit strange that she was on the bench in a loud arena with a lot of people yelling, loud music etc.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
If Cambage has a concussion then its a bit strange that she was on the bench in a loud arena with a lot of people yelling, loud music etc.

I saw her on tv

zune69

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Addition by subtraction from the starting lineup of Emma Meesseman has really paid off...Having a natural SF playing the SF position makes a huge difference on both ends of the court.I just didn't think Atkins would be the player getting the bulk of the minutes....Emma must embrace a bench role next season...or....Washington can trade Emma for 1 or 2 quality players/draft pick.

Last edited by zune69 on 08/12/18 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

I saw her on tv

No concussion she was with Azura yesterday twerking upside down. Someone in this organization has an agenda and i wont argue with them at all Cool

PostPosted: 08/12/18 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want Diggins traded to another team. I would love to see her play for a competent coach and with a team that doesn't require her to be ran into the ground every season.

On another note, this collapse by the Wings has been... A sight to see. As fans we are used to them being steadily bad throughout a season, but this year, they were actually pretty decent. Then, they went from a 6 game win streak where they looked like championship contenders, to playing like they're the Tulsa Shock. How they've maintained this high level of suckiness, is beyond me.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/12/18 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FemmeFatale wrote:
I want Diggins traded to another team. I would love to see her play for a competent coach and with a team that doesn't require her to be ran into the ground every season.

On another note, this collapse by the Wings has been... A sight to see. As fans we are used to them being steadily bad throughout a season, but this year, they were actually pretty decent. Then, they went from a 6 game win streak where they looked like championship contenders, to playing like they're the Tulsa Shock. How they've maintained this high level of suckiness, is beyond me.

Shouldn't be beyond anyone....its pretty obvious what the issue is now.

PostPosted: 08/12/18 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of injured players, I really hope Atkins is okay.

adamj95

PostPosted: 08/12/18 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://highposthoops.com/2018/08/12/dallas-head-coach-fred-williams-executive-greg-bibb-involved-altercation/

Quote:
According to a source present for the back-and-forth, Williams and Bibb had to be restrained by other Wings staffers, and Williams was screaming obscenities.

PostPosted: 08/12/18 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
https://highposthoops.com/2018/08/12/dallas-head-coach-fred-williams-executive-greg-bibb-involved-altercation/

Quote:
According to a source present for the back-and-forth, Williams and Bibb had to be restrained by other Wings staffers, and Williams was screaming obscenities.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/12/18 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Quote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Hot Wings
Laughing

I wouldn't lay all this on Fred Williams. Greg Bibb was with the Mystics, he must've had pictures on someone to get the Wings job. You see Thibault out smarted Bibb in the Hill-Powers Deal.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/12/18 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So is Fred fired?

tfan

PostPosted: 08/12/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They refer to Bibb as CEO, team president and partner. Bibb says a statement will be released tonight. Seems like the odds favor “Dallas Wings announce Fred Williams fired”.

Last edited by tfan on 08/12/18 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/18 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:

Quote:

If he got himself canned, it could be awkward timing with the team trying to hold onto a playoff spot. I wonder if Bibb could coach the team similar to when Toler coached the Sparks after Ross got canned. Razz

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 08/12/18 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Quote:

If he got himself canned, it could be awkward timing with the team trying to hold onto a playoff spot. I wonder if Bibb could coach the team similar to when Toler coached the Sparks after Ross got canned. Razz

I think making Erin the interim coach makes the most sense.

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/12/18 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Draft Evelyn Akhator at #3 and then push out your subordinate. What a world lol

tfan

PostPosted: 08/12/18 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Quote:

In looking at Bibb’s bio, the Dallas owner did the same thing he did in Tulsa (Swethoa) - let a guy with a background in the business side (ticket sales, etc.) of sports be the GM. So I don’t think we’ll see Bibb on the sidelines.

Last edited by tfan on 08/12/18 7:07 pm; edited 5 times in total
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/12/18 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:

Quote:

And absolute mess....!!

adamj95

PostPosted: 08/12/18 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It appears Williams is out.

https://twitter.com/MechelleV/status/1028786953678929920

PostPosted: 08/12/18 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Quote:

I think making Erin the interim coach makes the most sense.

That's like letting Cambage call the shots. Taj has been waiting for this moment in time.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 08/12/18 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 08/12/18 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe that Taj was in charge when Fred was ejected, but it will be a different person making the decision.

Wasn’t that long ago that Cambage had a record 53 points with the Dallas Wings owners smiling in the front row. But in addition to losing Diggins-Smith and Cambage for games, I think they also had a regression to the mean with regard to their talent.

Last edited by tfan on 08/12/18 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/12/18 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay Bill Laimbeer and the Aces, the Wings are falling apart, there's no excuse for the Aces not making the playoffs if they don't want the Lottery.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/12/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NV

Last edited by zune69 on 08/12/18 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
BamaEd

PostPosted: 08/12/18 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As if the last week of the season didn't have enough drama with seeding, now Dallas basically says hold my beer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: