RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Wings🦇 @ Mystics🧙🏼‍♀️ - 8/12/18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 08/12/18 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good for Kristi for the pre-game remarks in reaction to the white supremacist march going on in DC today.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/12/18 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tired of this team,tired of this franchise...I've tried to tell people for the last 4 years that Coach Williams was not the right HC for this team...and all I got was well.."They don't have Cambage"..."Courtney Paris is the problem"......I'm done with Dallas...I won't be posting on this board next season....Watching your favorite team is supposed to be entertaining...I'm just completely upset and frustrated at this point...I'm not going to waste another summer investing my time and emotion on a poorly managed basketball team......"The season of Hope has turned into a season of Embarrassment"

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/12/18 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Tired of this team,tired of this franchise...I've tried to tell people for the last 4 years that Coach Williams was not the right HC for this team...and all I got was well.."They don't have Cambage"..."Courtney Paris is the problem"......I'm done with Dallas...I won't be posting on this board next season....Watching your favorite team is supposed to be entertaining...I'm just completely upset and frustrated at this point...I'm not going to waste another summer investing my time and emotion on a poorly managed basketball team......"The season of Hope has turned into a season of Embarrassment"

Don't give up. Just make your post wearing a paper bag on your head. Cubs fans did this practice for YEARS.

PostPosted: 08/12/18 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had glanced away when whatever happened that led to Atkins going down; hope she's okay.

That being said... it doesn't make sense, tactically, for Dallas to bail Washington out by taking a long three, when they had a 5-on-4 advantage: they should have attacked the basket, and forced the Mystics to foul them.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
vallee

PostPosted: 08/12/18 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They took her down the tunnel towards the visitors locker room.

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 08/12/18 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
I had glanced away when whatever happened that led to Atkins going down; hope she's okay.

That being said... it doesn't make sense, tactically, for Dallas to bail Washington out by taking a long three, when they had a 5-on-4 advantage: they should have attacked the basket, and forced the Mystics to foul them.

Nice point

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/12/18 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Right? When that happens, it's up to the team with the injured player to stop the clock. Wings had a chance to get back to within five at that point: I don't understand why they weren't trying to be aggressive.

Last edited by Silky Johnson on 08/12/18 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/12/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

See it as a marriage. You go through the good and bad times together.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/12/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

welp...loyalty be damn... My fan allegiance is for sale... Wings are fried.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/12/18 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glory isn't playing like a player who wants to be wearing Wings uniform.....All Dallas needs to do is make these Simple moves this offseason:

1.Make Stevens the starter.

2.Move Thornton to the bench.

3.Fire Coach Williams.

4.Draft KLS,Durr,or Collier

5.Package Johnson for a young SF/SG or top 7 draft pick...(Phoe,Minn,LV,Chi)

6.Sign a backup PG(Allen,Chong)

Simple shyt.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/12/18 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

See it as a marriage. You go through the good and bad times together.

What Good Times? Laughing Laughing Laughing ..........If Fred's still the H.C next season the Wings will be a 7-10 seed.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/12/18 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Gregg Bibb could/would unilaterally cut someone, like Chong?

scrappy

PostPosted: 08/12/18 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

what happened with cambage? is she out for the year?

PostPosted: 08/12/18 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, what a game from Ariel Atkins 26 Points and 5 Rebounds. Who said on Draft Day Thibault made a mistake drafting Ariel Atkins ?

By the way, the Aces still have a chance to catch the Wings for the last playoff spot

tfan

PostPosted: 08/12/18 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:

She hit her head on the floor two games ago. Out as part of concussion treatment.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just want to know why they let her on an airplane, if they think she might have a concussion?

zune69

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If someone told me before the season started that 7 teams would win 19+ games and the Wings wouldn't be one of them,I would've called them a hater.

willtalk

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
scrappy wrote:

She hit her head on the floor two games ago. Out as part of concussion treatment.

I didn't even see her listed in the box score as DNP. Her name is totally gone???
If she was not playing due to injury she should still be listed. Perhaps she just went home being that they won't make the playoffs and have just three games left.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Don't give up. Just make your post wearing a paper bag on your head. Cubs fans did this practice for YEARS.

And Rock hits one out of the park! Laughing Laughing Laughing

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
tfan wrote:
scrappy wrote:

I didn't even see her listed in the box score as DNP. Her name is totally gone???
If she was not playing due to injury she should still be listed. Perhaps she just went home being that they won't make the playoffs and have just three games left.

Funny, but someone who looks exactly like Cambage was sitting on the bench today in D.C.

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
willtalk wrote:
tfan wrote:
scrappy wrote:

Funny, but someone who looks exactly like Cambage was sitting on the bench today in D.C.

She was on the bench. She warmed up but the decision was made for her to sit on the bench.

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
willtalk wrote:
tfan wrote:
scrappy wrote:

She was on the bench. She warmed up but the decision was made for her to sit on the bench.

xwomynjoc

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I wonder if Gregg Bibb could/would unilaterally cut someone, like Chong?

Well, there's your answer right there. Greg Bibb, He single handedly messed up the best team the Mystics had. The Trudy Lacy debacle was all his doing. He fired GM Angela Taylor and then let HC Julie Plank go because she didn't want both jobs.

Last edited by xwomynjoc on 08/12/18 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thibault deserves all the credit in the world for selecting Atkins. I think only a die hard Longhorns fan would've predicted her having a bigger impact than Gabby Williams, Kelsey Mitchell, Kia Nurse, etc etc.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 08/12/18 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the midst of Delle Donne's expected excellence, and Cloud's improved play, not too many people are noticing that Toliver is playing as well as she ever has in the W.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: