Board Junkies Forums

Wings🦇@ Dream 😴 - 8/11/18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/11/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
I wouldn't mind mama Taj or Erin gettinf their shot at lead. If not within then Michael Cooper or Eric Thibault need to be on the top of the list.

Yeesh, if that’s the best list you can come up, you might be better off sticking with Fred. There’s gotta be something better out there.

Cooper has 2 titles that's already better than "i made the finals" Fred.

PostPosted: 08/11/18 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
I wouldn't mind mama Taj or Erin gettinf their shot at lead. If not within then Michael Cooper or Eric Thibault need to be on the top of the list.

Yeesh, if that’s the best list you can come up, you might be better off sticking with Fred. There’s gotta be something better out there.

Isn't 2002 basically Forever Ago in basketball years though?

tfan

PostPosted: 08/11/18 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why doesn’t the Dream play at Georgia State University’s 3,854 seat arena in downtown Atlanta? Their real attendance does not appear to exceed 3,854.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/11/18 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Why doesn’t the Dream play at Georgia State University’s 3,854 seat arena in downtown Atlanta? Their real attendance does not appear to exceed 3,854.

If the Liberty move to WCC and Mystics move to their arena had been known when Dream found out they had to move from Phillips perhaps it might have happened. There was a pre-season scrimmage for STH against Australia there a few years ago and it looked much smaller than that to me. As I recall it was bleachers not seats. However, that might have been in practice gym.

Neither MCCammish or GA State have anything like the amenities or the lucrative Luxury Suites of Phillips.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/11/18 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:

If the Liberty move to WCC and Mystics move to their arena had been known when Dream found out they had to move from Phillips perhaps it might have happened. There was a pre-season scrimmage for STH against Australia there a few years ago and it looked much smaller than that to me. As I recall it was bleachers not seats. However, that might have been in practice gym.

Looks like it is 60%+ bleachers, but the bleachers have a back.

Quote:
Neither MCCammish or GA State have anything like the amenities or the lucrative Luxury Suites of Phillips.

You will miss those suites, as will pilight, T.I., and Greg and NeNe Leakes, but I don’t see that as being a big enough revenue source to offset the reduced rent and prevent a move,even with the extravagant parties allegedly taking place...

Randy

PostPosted: 08/11/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was 2014 when I was there. Don't really recall it that well but it looks like the place. It is actually on a MARTA stop. I took MARTA so I don't know what the parking situation would be like. Phillips provides much more opportunity for walkup ticket sales because the CNN Center with food court and shopping is right next door.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/11/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Too small. We drew 4900 tonight, which looked about accurate.

PostPosted: 08/11/18 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:

Too small. We drew 4900 tonight, which looked about accurate.

Not a good year for a WNBA team to give more accurate attendance figures.

YlwJckt999

PostPosted: 08/11/18 10:30 pm    ::: I was there. I brought my family-McCamish is a great venue. Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
BamaEd wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Confused on why the city hasn't come out supported ATL more? Their attendance looks worse then NY's at times.

Many folks live in the suburbs. Atlanta is a VERY spread out city. McCamish is no easy to get to or park at. I take the train and it’s still a 5-10 walk from the station. At least Philips is right off the train.

Atlanta is not my favorite team but they play very well and I would love to see them in the Finals. They have been in the playoffs so many years and have never won the Title.

If I lived in Atlanta I would attend the games as any true van would reguardless of location. Atlanta put on a good show and their arena always looks almost empty. I've always wondered why that was.

Because people in Atlanta don’t give a rats ass about the Dream. Never have. And never will.

This is not true. The fandom is growing. I wasn't a fan until about 6 years ago. I was challenged to watch a game. My perception was that the ladies were not very skilled. I watched one game - it was a thriller. I became interested. I watched another and was hooked.

I've done the same to a few of my friends. They now watch. (they complain about the shotty network coverage but that's for another post).

Very Happy

YlwJckt999

PostPosted: 08/11/18 10:41 pm    ::: Callaway club Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:

Looks like it is 60%+ bleachers, but the bleachers have a back.

Quote:

You will miss those suites, as will pilight, T.I., and Greg and NeNe Leakes, but I don’t see that as being a big enough revenue source to offset the reduced rent and prevent a move,even with the extravagant parties allegedly taking place...

If you are missing luxury boxes did you guys go to the Callaway Club?
It was open. The view of the court is amazing. Concessions, luxury seating etc.

https://www.gtahonline.com/venues/mccamish-pavillion/callaway-club

[img]https://assets.caboosecms.com/media/15330__mg_0805_gt5_huge.jpg?1470255755[/img]

edit:My image posting sucks but check out the link. I enjoyed the Callaway Club - I didn't enjoy Skylar putting up 30 shots.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/11/18 11:12 pm    ::: Re: Callaway club Reply Reply with quote

YlwJckt999 wrote:

https://www.gtahonline.com/venues/mccamish-pavillion/callaway-club

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/12/18 2:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Well Damn i guess Terrible Hill aint so terrible after all huh ?

Scratch that she just hit the side of the backboard. Literally the side... Rolling Eyes

Glad to hear that Wings fans are getting the full Tayler Hill experience. Smile

pilight

PostPosted: 08/12/18 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Maybe they should hire Van Chancellor

PostPosted: 08/12/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
It would just be an epic collapse by Dallas if they finish on a 11 game losing streak and Vegas makes the playoffs instead.

The way the Aces have been going it might yet be Chicago as the #8 seed

PostPosted: 08/12/18 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Shades wrote:
I've never been to the Connecticut Sun Fans facebook.

I post mostly from my phone so I thought, why not?

Sure Jan

Using emojis for anything or everything is an unoriginal idea anyways—I see people, sports teams, etc. doing it all the time on Twitter.

So you and others are going out of your way to diss Shades about using emojis?

A new definition for the word "petty."

PostPosted: 08/12/18 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Shades wrote:
I've never been to the Connecticut Sun Fans facebook.

I post mostly from my phone so I thought, why not?

Sure Jan

Using emojis for anything or everything is an unoriginal idea anyways—I see people, sports teams, etc. doing it all the time on Twitter.

So you and others are going out of your way to diss Shades about using emojis?

A new definition for the word "petty."

I was defending Shades from Ay Mate's accusations of copying the Connecticut Suns Fan page, saying that using emojis is in such widespread usage, I don't think anybody can accuse anyone of copying anybody when it comes to using them since (seemingly) everybody is using emojis for everything today.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 08/12/18 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've never used emojis in my life, but think Shades is trying to be creative by using them. However, I don't care for them in the game thread titles because, to me, they just add clutter but no information. I think they'd be better used, if at all, in the body of the OP.
Randy

PostPosted: 08/12/18 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just wish my phone wasn't so cheap and I actually had some emojis.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 08/12/18 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lmao, Randy adding just the right amount of brevity needed.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/12/18 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

; - )

pilight

PostPosted: 08/12/18 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta now 15-0 when leading after three quarters

PostPosted: 08/12/18 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I just wish my phone wasn't so cheap and I actually had some emojis.

Randy. You don't have to broadcast that you have a cheap phone. What people don't know, they just don't know. Let them stay in the dark. Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: