Board Junkies Forums

Wings🦇@ Dream 😴 - 8/11/18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/11/18 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Shades wrote:
I've never been to the Connecticut Sun Fans facebook.

I post mostly from my phone so I thought, why not?

Sure Jan

Using emojis for anything or everything is an unoriginal idea anyways—I see people, sports teams, etc. doing it all the time on Twitter.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 08/11/18 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry to take focus away from the great emoji fight of August 2018, but we are about to start the 4th quarter. 3rd started slow but ended better. Diggins-Smith is trying her best to keep the Wings in it. The Dream are playing a very balanced offensive game though.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/11/18 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fred and Dallas in a close game? Let’s see what happens next Razz

WNBA 09

Well Damn i guess Terrible Hill aint so terrible after all huh ?

Hill just needs to get her confidence up. Hopefully that corner 3 will help her to get out of her shell

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/11/18 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

No need for predictions its set in stone. With Liz we take this game im all but sure of it. I like the fight Azura and Skylar are playing with. Hill giving something on the offensive end is always a plus. Everyone else has been meh. Nice minutes from Plaissanceeeeee as well.

PostPosted: 08/11/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess Alex getting out of her shooting slump prompted Renee to get out of here. Lack of playing time is a good motivator.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/11/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Well Damn i guess Terrible Hill aint so terrible after all huh ?

Scratch that she just hit the side of the backboard. Literally the side... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/11/18 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

No need for predictions its set in stone. With Liz we take this game im all but sure of it. I like the fight Azura and Skylar are playing with. Hill giving something on the offensive end is always a plus. Everyone else has been meh. Nice minutes from Plaissanceeeeee as well.

I agree with you. With Liz this is a different game. Stevens has helped a lot defensively for y’all! I was happy when the PA announcer started pronouncing her first name correctly. Took a few tries.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 08/11/18 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Confused on why the city hasn't come out supported ATL more? Their attendance looks worse then NY's at times.

Many folks live in the suburbs. Atlanta is a VERY spread out city. McCamish is no easy to get to or park at. I take the train and it’s still a 5-10 walk from the station. At least Philips is right off the train.

Atlanta is not my favorite team but they play very well and I would love to see them in the Finals. They have been in the playoffs so many years and have never won the Title.

If I lived in Atlanta I would attend the games as any true van would reguardless of location. Atlanta put on a good show and their arena always looks almost empty. I've always wondered why that was.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/11/18 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[redacting my unfair shot at diggins' shot frequency]

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by ChicagoAnnie on 08/11/18 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/11/18 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
BamaEd wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Confused on why the city hasn't come out supported ATL more? Their attendance looks worse then NY's at times.

Many folks live in the suburbs. Atlanta is a VERY spread out city. McCamish is no easy to get to or park at. I take the train and it’s still a 5-10 walk from the station. At least Philips is right off the train.

Atlanta is not my favorite team but they play very well and I would love to see them in the Finals. They have been in the playoffs so many years and have never won the Title.

If I lived in Atlanta I would attend the games as any true van would reguardless of location. Atlanta put on a good show and their arena always looks almost empty. I've always wondered why that was.

Because people in Atlanta don’t give a rats ass about the Dream. Never have. And never will.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 08/11/18 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh Lord, here we go again! Rolling Eyes

Shades

PostPosted: 08/11/18 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
[redacting my unfair shot at diggins' shot frequency]

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Out of the 9 who played, Diggins took 34.6% of her team's shots. She felt the need to fill the void left by Cambage not taking shots.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
BamaEd

PostPosted: 08/11/18 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
BamaEd wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I hate I haven’t been able to go to as many games as I would like. Unfortunately midweek games are tough for me since I work about an hour or so north of midtown. Plus the past two years I’ve had to travel a lot for work. Hopefully next year I can make more and I hope they are back in Philips!

toad455

PostPosted: 08/11/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would just be an epic collapse by Dallas if they finish on a 11 game losing streak and Vegas makes the playoffs instead.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/11/18 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
BamaEd wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Because people in Atlanta don’t give a rats ass about the Dream. Never have. And never will.

Today's game actually looked pretty max for a dream game. At first it was scarce but im guessing it was a late crowd. The overhead shot actually showed the lower bowl looking maybe 80% full.

PostPosted: 08/11/18 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
It would just be an epic collapse by Dallas if they finish on a 11 game losing streak and Vegas makes the playoffs instead.

Not that epic. We miss the playoffs we get PP's and it should more than cement a coaching change in the offseason.. I wouldn't mind mama Taj or Erin gettinf their shot at lead. If not within then Michael Cooper or Eric Thibault need to be on the top of the list.

PostPosted: 08/11/18 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Not that epic. We miss the playoffs we get PP's and it should more than cement a coaching change in the offseason.. I wouldn't mind mama Taj or Erin gettinf their shot at lead. If not within then Michael Cooper or Eric Thibault need to be on the top of the list.

Would you want Cooper? Another Dream coach castoff? Eric is probably waiting for Dad to retire. I would love to see Taj or Erin though. I loved them both when they were playing.

I have to say this was the most I'd seen Stevens play and I was impressed with some of her play.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 08/11/18 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream are only two game behind us, but with two games at home we’re probably gonna win at those two, and with our road record we have chances are we may win all three. I think this Storm are going to keep the top seed.

PostPosted: 08/11/18 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm of the opinion that Johnson will get traded during the offseason...Chi,Minn,Ind and LV are the most likely destinations.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/11/18 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

This was actually a bigger than normal crowd

Atlanta is not a pro sports city, and most definitely not a basketball town

PostPosted: 08/11/18 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

So why should they go back to Phillips, or whatever it’s called?

Shades

PostPosted: 08/11/18 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I wouldn't mind mama Taj or Erin gettinf their shot at lead. If not within then Michael Cooper or Eric Thibault need to be on the top of the list.

Yeesh, if that’s the best list you can come up, you might be better off sticking with Fred. There’s gotta be something better out there.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/11/18 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

So why should they go back to Phillips, or whatever it’s called?

It's more convenient, and probably costs less than McCamish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: