62%  [ 10 ]
Sky
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/10/18 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL! Miller is spicy! "Go get a record when it matters!"

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/10/18 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Chop, chop, chop....

The Sun lost because they were playing a real, legitimate WNBA team, and not the Lynx. Smile

Shades

PostPosted: 08/10/18 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miller is such an ass.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/10/18 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Miller is such an ass.

Miller's an ass? Stocks called timeout with twelve seconds left to try and get a record, when the game was already decided. That was bush league. Miller was in the right to be mad, and I don't even like the Sun.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/10/18 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The woman behind him was enjoying herself Smile

PostPosted: 08/10/18 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The magic number is two. Cool

PostPosted: 08/10/18 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA coaches take note: Curt Miller may be a small gay man with artsy glasses who watches the game very calmly, but if you intentionally foul and then call timeout to try and set an assist record he is gonna jaw jack your ass until he's in the locker room. Although, he didn't stop to say something when they shook hands, like the Louisville coach did to Muffet McGraw.

These two teams play again Sunday at 2:00pm EST in Connecticut.

Last edited by tfan on 08/10/18 11:56 pm; edited 7 times in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/10/18 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Shades wrote:
Miller is such an ass.

Miller's an ass? Stocks called timeout with twelve seconds left to try and get a record, when the game was already decided. That was bush league. Miller was in the right to be mad, and I don't even like the Sun.

If you don't like losing or have a team kick dirt in your face then coaching pro sports is the wrong career choice.

PostPosted: 08/10/18 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thumbs up from me for both coaches for providing some drama.
Was it petty? Yes. Which is still fine with me.

PostPosted: 08/10/18 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Shades wrote:
Miller is such an ass.

He should be mad at himself for doing such a bush league job of coaching tonight.... or should I say for the season. The Sky should have fouled right back at the end to see if Miller would have blown a blood vessel.

I hope Chicago kicks their butt again in the next game.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/10/18 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What was the record Miller was screaming at Stocks about ? Miller was acting Bush League for screaming at Stocks on the sideline.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/10/18 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
What was the record Miller was screaming at Stocks about ? Miller was acting Bush League for screaming at Stocks on the sideline.

Assists in a game. Slooty ended up with 15. Record is 16.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/10/18 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Come on, Miller was crying about assist in a game by a player

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/10/18 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We are 23-41 over the past two seasons, but hey let's drag out a match that's already been decided and try for a single-game record!

lmao Stocks sucks. No wonder no one around the league respects her. I'm embarrassed.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/10/18 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Shades wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Come on, Miller was crying about assist in a game by a player

There were two assist records in play. Vandersloot needed one more to tie Ticha Penicheiro at 16. But the team needed one more to beat Minnesota for the most by a team,as they had 35 which tied for the record.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/11/18 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Shades wrote:
Miller is such an ass.

He should be mad at himself for doing such a bush league job of coaching tonight.... or should I say for the season. The Sky should have fouled right back at the end to see if Miller would have blown a blood vessel.

Oh, don't get it fucked up: I'm fine with what Stocks did, because I am here for that sort of behavior. I think that sportsmanship is overrated, anyway. But, if there is such a thing as the "moral high ground," then Miller had it.

I mean, I said that it was bush league, and it was. But I'm also good with bush league; it happens to be relevant to my interests.

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 08/11/18 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not that I'm excusing Stocks for allowing Vandersloot to stat pad, but when is it ever appropriate for a coach to get in the face of another coach and talk trash? I'm glad Stocks kept her composure despite Miller acting like a fool.

PostPosted: 08/11/18 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching the replay i dont feel Connecticut gave 100% in this game. Thats all i will say....obvious Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/11/18 1:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Shades wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Shades wrote:
Miller is such an ass.

Oh, don't get it fucked up: I'm fine with what Stocks did, because I am here for that sort of behavior. I think that sportsmanship is overrated, anyway. But, if there is such a thing as the "moral high ground," then Miller had it.

I mean, I said that it was bush league, and it was. But I'm also good with bush league; it happens to be relevant to my interests.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 08/11/18 2:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sloot (once again) cemented herself in history with that performance. Her employer helping her get there is not cruel to the opposition.

It all business people.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/11/18 5:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Love me some Slooty Very Happy USA are missing out big time

Averaging 12 pts and 8,6 asissts per game Shocked while being very effective from the field at 47,78 % and a real threat from behind the arc at 40%

If i had to choose a successor for Bird and i could choose any PG then it would be Sloot for sure.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
sigur3

PostPosted: 08/11/18 7:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Sloot (once again) cemented herself in history with that performance. Her employer helping her get there is not cruel to the opposition.

It all business people.

This reminds me...I strongly dislike Stocks but Sloot having the two best years of her career under her is not a coincidence. She has Chicago playing really fast and most of the offense runs through the point guard (trading a massive ball-stopping forward has something to do with it too, but still). The offense the team runs is conducive to point guard assists. No more Quigley at PG either which also helps. Credit given where it is due.

I mean...last night was clearly anomalous. The Sky's eFG was north of 60%. You need to make shots to record assists. But Sloot's always had this in her.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/11/18 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Love me some Slooty Very Happy USA are missing out big time

Averaging 12 pts and 8,6 asissts per game Shocked while being very effective from the field at 47,78 % and a real threat from behind the arc at 40%

If i had to choose a successor for Bird and i could choose any PG then it would be Sloot for sure.

Just casually dropping 8+ assists and double digit scoring on good efficiency as if she's not the only one to ever do it. She better not get snubbed from All-WNBA this year.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/11/18 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

It all business people.

This reminds me...I strongly dislike Stocks but Sloot having the two best years of her career under her is not a coincidence. She has Chicago playing really fast and most of the offense runs through the point guard (trading a massive ball-stopping forward has something to do with it too, but still). The offense the team runs is conducive to point guard assists. No more Quigley at PG either which also helps. Credit given where it is due.

I mean...last night was clearly anomalous. The Sky's eFG was north of 60%. You need to make shots to record assists. But Sloot's always had this in her.

The team that traded the ball stopping forward has 2 players in the top 10 in APG... Though I agree the move helped Sloot in terms of numbers.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/11/18 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I didn’t see the game but quick question. I trust that Slooty’s 15 assists were pretty legit because when she drops dimes like that it’s usually legit scorekeeping...plus she’s an obviously amazing passer. But as a team they had an insane 35 assists on 39 FGA. Legit or slightly inflated? And how so? Lots of transition play? You’re not typically getting assists at that rate without it.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: