Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/09/18 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Don’t blame Jefferson for her injury. They happen. Tbh couldn’t happen to a ‘nicer’ person. Hope this helps my team. Gin sun!!

They happen more often when you engage in dirty play

Was she actually trying to take out a player or only trying to save a loose ball and accidentally took out a player in the process, or both?

zune69

PostPosted: 08/09/18 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn shame...One of the best,if not the best team Angel's ever played for IMO...and she gets hurt.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/09/18 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Don’t blame Jefferson for her injury. They happen. Tbh couldn’t happen to a ‘nicer’ person. Hope this helps my team. Gin sun!!

Was she actually trying to take out a player or only trying to save a loose ball and accidentally took out a player in the process, or both?

Nobody else was down there on the floor. What does that tell you?

PostPosted: 08/09/18 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

She was diving for the ball to try and save it, like football players do when there is a loose ball ahead of them?

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 08/09/18 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/09/18 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

I don't know; right about now I think, it'd be pretty 'nice' if it happened to you.

At this moment, I'm hoping that when the final history is written on the WNBA, from 2018 until whenever the league ends, I hope that the record books show that every team in the WNBA has won at least one championship except the Sun. May you eat, but never taste.

Why would you wish that for the Sun? They have nothing to do with my comment. Your comment was stupid. And I don’t care if my comment was mean or whatever, it’s such a competitive league, I’ll take whatever edge I can get. Lol.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/09/18 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So it's an ACL. Recovery time is what? Seem to recall Johnson on the Fever took a year to recover. Is it always that long? Kind of an odd coincidence that Angel and Sancho both got season ending ACL injury late in the season?

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/09/18 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Exactly! It wasn’t a dirty play at all. It was a player trying to get the ball, which is what your supposed to do. A dirty play is when someone punches another player in the face like Griner did in college, or the endless intentional attacks Cambage inflicts on her victims.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/09/18 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

It’s always a ‘dirty’ play when it happens to someone on the team you like. Jeffereson doesn’t have a dirty bone in her body. She went for the lose ball, not her fault Angel got in her way. Not her fault she got hurt. Move on.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/09/18 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
... And I don’t care if my comment was mean or whatever, it’s such a competitive league, I’ll take whatever edge I can get. Lol.

Which is why I hope you don't get it.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/10/18 5:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
pilight wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

It’s always a ‘dirty’ play when it happens to someone on the team you like. Jeffereson doesn’t have a dirty bone in her body. She went for the lose ball, not her fault Angel got in her way. Not her fault she got hurt. Move on.

I dont think it was a dirty play and i certainly dont think that Jefferson is a dirty player. But it was a dangerous play though and this time it went badly because she landed on Angel who was standing up straight so couldnt really fall back to absorb the contact.

Players often dive for the ball and most of the time it ends well. Like in the Storm-Myystics game. Stewie was running after a ball and Atkins dove for it and took out Stewie in the process. Stewie got her legs taken from under her but fell in a good way so she wasnt hurt. The funny part was that Stewart got the foul called on her that play Laughing
It happens at the 7.50 mark in the 3rd quarter and the commentator even says yeah its a foul on Stewart because she hit Atkins with her knee. No question about it Laughing Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
BamaEd

PostPosted: 08/10/18 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

I don't know; right about now I think, it'd be pretty 'nice' if it happened to you.

At this moment, I'm hoping that when the final history is written on the WNBA, from 2018 until whenever the league ends, I hope that the record books show that every team in the WNBA has won at least one championship except the Sun. May you eat, but never taste.

Why would you wish that for the Sun? They have nothing to do with my comment. Your comment was stupid. And I don’t care if my comment was mean or whatever, it’s such a competitive league, I’ll take whatever edge I can get. Lol.

Usually, I keep my snide remarks safely inside my head online. That is because arguing with trolls is like trying to catch smoke with a butterfly net. I am forgoing that rule for this response (In all Christian love and kindness)

Really? You are calling someone's comment stupid? You are happy for a person's season ending injury and you are calling someone's comment stupid? If that was an attempt at humor, it was in very poor taste. You come on the Atlanta Dream discussion page where fans are still bummed about their star player's season ending injury and YOU take offense? I think you need to find an edge in the human race rather than trying to find an edge in the playoff race.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/10/18 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bentley providing a boost for the Dream as playoff push continues

https://highposthoops.com/2018/08/10/bentley-providing-boost-dream-playoff-push-continues/

Quote:
“It’s nice being on a team who plays for each other, honestly,” Bentley said

PostPosted: 08/10/18 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ooh, shade Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 08/10/18 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, I watched on Demand the play Angel got hurt, happen 5:33 in the 4th Qtr. of the Aces/Dream game on August 7th. It was a hustle play for the ball by Jefferson not a dirty play resulting in the injury to Angel.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/10/18 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Okay, I watched on Demand the play Angel got hurt, happen 5:33 in the 4th Qtr. of the Aces/Dream game on August 7th. It was a hustle play for the ball by Jefferson not a dirty play resulting in the injury to Angel.

I recall at the time Bob and LaChina did not seem to complain much about it and it didn't even seem like Angel was that worried about it later. She was kind of laughing about it when Collen asked her what happened. That's the weird thing about injuries - some that don't look that bad end up being the worst, while the ones that look terrible are shaken off.

BTW - A player Jefferson's size probably wouldn't get away with being a dirty player for long.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/10/18 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the end with Atlanta needing a basket to seal it, Bentley (playing point guard) took a long two that missed, then on another possession took a long two that she made and then spent some time pointing dramatically to her wrist. The play-by-play announcer said that her pointing to her wrist was saying “It’s MY time!”.

TigerVol

PostPosted: 08/10/18 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

I recall at the time Bob and LaChina did not seem to complain much about it and it didn't even seem like Angel was that worried about it later. She was kind of laughing about it when Collen asked her what happened. That's the weird thing about injuries - some that don't look that bad end up being the worst, while the ones that look terrible are shaken off.

BTW - A player Jefferson's size probably wouldn't get away with being a dirty player for long.

I thought it looked bad injury wise at the time. The contact and Angel crying on court. Plus she couldn't limp unassisted after the game.

I wouldn't have been surprised at the new had they not first issued the "doesn't appear serious" red herring.

PostPosted: 08/10/18 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:

+1 not sure why ATL fans went on a tirade against MoJeff as if it was done on purpose. She couldn't even see angel when she fell to the ground as angel was behind her.

PostPosted: 08/10/18 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
At the end with Atlanta needing a basket to seal it, Bentley (playing point guard) took a long two that missed, then on another possession took a long two that she made and then spent some time pointing dramatically to her wrist. The play-by-play announcer said that her pointing to her wrist was saying “It’s MY time!”.

Yeah she's quickly moving up my annoying asf player list.

PostPosted: 08/10/18 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

I'm not a fan of Bentley's antics either

PostPosted: 08/10/18 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

+1 not sure why ATL fans went on a tirade against MoJeff as if it was done on purpose. She couldn't even see angel when she fell to the ground as angel was behind her.

Stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. Let folks work through it then they'll come out on the other side Smile

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/10/18 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

+1 not sure why ATL fans went on a tirade against MoJeff as if it was done on purpose.

Tirade? Did I miss the tirade, again? Man, I'm never here when the cool stuff happens...

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 08/10/18 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Video clip of injury here:

https://www.sbnation.com/wnba/2018/8/9/17672720/angel-mccoughtry-knee-injury-wnba-dream
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/10/18 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Bentley providing a boost for the Dream as playoff push continues

https://highposthoops.com/2018/08/10/bentley-providing-boost-dream-playoff-push-continues/

Quote:
“It’s nice being on a team who plays for each other, honestly,” Bentley said

Oh plz. Bentley is the biggest bull shitter ever. The Sun are all about team. She’s still sore Courtney took her starting job.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 08/10/18 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:

I'm not a fan of Bentley's antics either

yeah I saw that too. No, just no please don't Alex.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: