Some days you just run into a buzzsaw.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/09/18 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Some days you just run into a buzzsaw.

Storm really don’t like that 8am start... Laughing

PostPosted: 08/09/18 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So what happened?

I think the Mystics did a great job of closing off the 3-point line and had EDD to defend the paint.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/09/18 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RUSSELL! Shocked

SEA on 11-0 run with deep bench.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/09/18 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD saying Stewie Who ?

PostPosted: 08/09/18 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
EDD saying Stewie Who ?

Stewie is still sleeping.

PostPosted: 08/09/18 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good to see Sami playing well in back to back games. Hopefully Dan gives her more minutes in the last stretch of games and in the playoffs. She keeps the oppossing defense honest

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/09/18 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Loving what im seeing from Russell this game.

PostPosted: 08/09/18 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dan Hughes has done a fantastic job as Head Coach.My only disappointment is that he demoted Paris to 4th string mop-up duty after Langhorne returned from injury.I understand Langhorne has more mobility than Paris,and can knock down an occasional jump shot.However,earlier in the season Paris along with KML,Canade,and Whitcomb was giving Seattle solid production off the bench.Now she's not even a factor.Might as well give Russell Paris' minutes since she has more size and upside...I'm also upset about KML lack of playing time.Lewis had a stretch earlier this season where she scored 8 or more points in 7 out of 10 games.One of the keys to Atlanta and Connecticut's success has been their depth...Seattle's lack of depth could come back to bite them in the playoffs.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/09/18 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Way To Go Mystics Very Happy

LaToya Sanders 17 Pts, 12 Rbs, 4 Ast. Comeback Player Of The Year

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/09/18 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Dan Hughes has done a fantastic job as Head Coach.My only disappointment is that he demoted Paris to 4th string mop-up duty after Langhorne returned from injury.I understand Langhorne has more mobility than Paris,and can knock down an occasional jump shot.However,earlier in the season Paris along with KML,Canade,and Whitcomb was giving Seattle solid production off the bench.Now she's not even a factor.Might as well give Russell Paris' minutes since she has more size and upside...I'm also upset about KML lack of playing time.Lewis had a stretch earlier this season where she scored 8 or more points in 7 out of 10 games.One of the keys to Atlanta and Connecticut's success has been their depth...Seattle's lack of depth could come back to bite them in the playoffs.

Paris has gotten more minutes in the 2nd half of the season then the first. Also he plays Paris and Langhorne together at first. If that goes well then he leaves it like that if not then he puts Stewie or Howard back with 1 of them.

Langhorne: 13,1 min per game
Paris: 10,6 min per game

So not really a big difference. He often goes with 5 bench players at a time. Canada, Sami, KML, Langhorne and Paris. That is not a lot of offensive firepower. So when its not rolling offensively (Paris doesnt look agressive IMO) then he takes her out and puts Stewie or Howard back in to get some extra scoring.

Bench production last 5 games:
vs Mystics: 30 pts
vs Fever: 30 pts
vs Liberty: 19 pts
vs Lynx: 15 pts
vs Mercury: 24 pts

Average 23,6 pts from our bench. That is not bad IMO. It has been so much worse in the last few years. Does anyone which team has the best bench production and how much is it?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight

PostPosted: 08/09/18 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
I am a little surprised at the voting

The RebKellians are right, as usual

PostPosted: 08/09/18 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

The RebKellians are right, as usual

LOL!!!

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/09/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:

I’ve definitely been surprised at how good Sanders has been this season.

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 08/09/18 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

I’ve definitely been surprised at how good Sanders has been this season.

Oh my gosh, I so much agree. In the third period she made some key baskets. I also love the way Adkins is playing. She is helping the team in small ways, she is making some key passes and steals. She is going to get better and better.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/09/18 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Last 12 games Paris is avg 7.2 mpg...and hasn't been all that effective.

Michelle89 wrote:
Also he plays Paris and Langhorne together at first

He often goes with 5 bench players at a time. Canada, Sami, KML, Langhorne and Paris

Langhorne/Paris are a terrible defensive combination IMO...Courtney was more effective playing alongside Stewart,Howard,and even Russell earlier this season......I'm of the opinion that Paris should play all of her minutes with Stewart or Howard....The same goes for Langhorne...If Hughes must have two bench post players on the court at the same time.Then that post combination should be Langhorne/Russell.

In the last 10 games,the production from Paris/KML is significantly down from where it was earlier this season.Whitcomb has scored 24 points over the last 3 games,but all 3 games were blowouts...In Whitcomb's prior 12 games she scored a total of 21 points(1.6 ppg)

I'm not saying KML,Paris or Whitcomb should be playing 20 mpg...Just that Hughes needs to do a better job of giving them consistent minutes with a quality lineup....If Paris is only going to play 7-10 minutes,let her play those minutes with Bird and Stewart or Howard.

craigmont

PostPosted: 08/09/18 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The objective isn't to 'get the best production from Courtney Paris.' It may be to rest different starters or a defensive/rebounding assignment.

She's done a good job and provided useful minutes.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/09/18 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
The objective isn't to 'get the best production from Courtney Paris.' It may be to rest different starters or a defensive/rebounding assignment.

The bench production from multiple players has fallen off,not just Paris....Seattle will need that production if Howard or Clark have an off night or are in foul trouble during the playoffs....And it's not just about production.The Langhorne/Paris combination is a liability on defense.

Last edited by zune69 on 08/09/18 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 08/09/18 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
craigmont wrote:

The bench production from multiple players has fallen off,not just Paris....Seattle will need that production if Howard or Clark have an off night or are in foul trouble during the playoffs.

Very impressed with the way Howard played today.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/09/18 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
zune69 wrote:
craigmont wrote:

The bench production from multiple players has fallen off,not just Paris....Seattle will need that production if Howard or Clark have an off night or are in foul trouble during the playoffs.

Very impressed with the way Howard played today.

Howard's been great,especially on defense.But she is very foul prone(4 fouls in 13 minutes vs Wash).....Howard leads the league in fouls....This is why it is very important to have the bench post players playing well heading into the playoffs.

threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 08/09/18 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4th game in 7 days, 3 on the road for the Storm, Sunday's will be 5 games in 10 days, 4 on the road

threefrom60

PostPosted: 08/09/18 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:

I voted against my team. I saw this game as a potential loss all along.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/10/18 2:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Last 12 games Paris is avg 7.2 mpg...and hasn't been all that effective.

Michelle89 wrote:
Also he plays Paris and Langhorne together at first

He often goes with 5 bench players at a time. Canada, Sami, KML, Langhorne and Paris

Langhorne/Paris are a terrible defensive combination IMO...Courtney was more effective playing alongside Stewart,Howard,and even Russell earlier this season......I'm of the opinion that Paris should play all of her minutes with Stewart or Howard....The same goes for Langhorne...If Hughes must have two bench post players on the court at the same time.Then that post combination should be Langhorne/Russell.

In the last 10 games,the production from Paris/KML is significantly down from where it was earlier this season.Whitcomb has scored 24 points over the last 3 games,but all 3 games were blowouts...In Whitcomb's prior 12 games she scored a total of 21 points(1.6 ppg)

I'm not saying KML,Paris or Whitcomb should be playing 20 mpg...Just that Hughes needs to do a better job of giving them consistent minutes with a quality lineup....If Paris is only going to play 7-10 minutes,let her play those minutes with Bird and Stewart or Howard.

Playing Paris all her minutes with Stewie or Howard will be hard to do because Howard often gets subbed for Langhorne as the first post because of her foul trouble and Stewie gets her first rest at around 2 min left (Loyd has been the last starter subbed lately) in the 1st quarter. While Bird and Clark are subbed first most of the time. You dont want Hughes to run Stewie in the ground before the playoffs.

If he wants to play Paris and Stewie together then when Howard gets in foul trouble he needs to sub in Paris first (instead of Langhorne) and Stewie needs to play the first 15 minutes of the game before getting her first rest. I doubt this is going to happen because you dont change your rotaton late in the season and certainly not when you have been successfull.

Also our 2nd line-up is pretty bad defensively. Paris, Langhorne and KML are pretty bad. Paris is horrible in pick & roll defense and bad in 1 on 1 (she fouls a lot) Langhorne and KML are bad in 1 on 1 defense. Sami tries hard but lacks the foot speed. So Canada is the only good defender and she is just a rookie so makes rookie mistakes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: