RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UConn 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClayK

PostPosted: 08/09/18 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
On the other hand, for me at least, the U17 team, which could probably have made the most recent Final Four, was much more exciting than the U18 team. The starting five of Jordan Horston (MVP) (2019), Alliyah Boston (2019), Haley Jones (2019), Paige Bueckers (2020) and Azzi Fudd (2021) are all UConn targets. They all exhibit big magic.

UConn offered 6-0 G/F Aubrey Griffin (2019) of Ossining H.S. on July 13. It's been reported that UConn and Louisville are Griffin's two top schools and that "she has her heart set on UConn."

The prize is Fudd , who's pretty much as close to a lock for ND as they come supposedly .

And supposedly Paige Bueckers comes with her ...

PostPosted: 08/09/18 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Azzi Fudd is only what, a sophomore? She has plenty of time to make up her mind.

PostPosted: 09/03/18 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Paige Bueckers vs Azzi Fudd! Two of the Top Guards in Country Square off in Minneapolis!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cqb-O-Gw1To" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What I Did This Summer: Paige Bueckers

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ynqnEnDGoo4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.pineandlakes.com/sports/basketball/4490429-basketball-buckets-bueckers-hopkins-standout-ties-lakes-area-giving-back
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/22/18 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn is hosting two 2019 recruits on official visits right now, this weekend, Jordan Horston and Aubrey Griffin.

https://www.sny.tv/uconn/news/recruit-griffin-excited-to-give-uconn-a-look/295426996

Horston, of Africentric High School in Columbus, Ohio, was the MVP of the recent U17 World Cup Team, over U.S. teammates Aliyah Boston, Haley Jones, Azzi Fudd and Paige Bueckers.

Griffin is from perennial power Ossining High School in Westchester County, NY, home of the mighty NY Liberty.

UConn currently has no commits yet from 2019 or 2020.
linkster

PostPosted: 09/27/18 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
UConn is hosting two 2019 recruits on official visits right now, this weekend, Jordan Horston and Aubrey Griffin.

https://www.sny.tv/uconn/news/recruit-griffin-excited-to-give-uconn-a-look/295426996

Horston, of Africentric High School in Columbus, Ohio, was the MVP of the recent U17 World Cup Team, over U.S. teammates Aliyah Boston, Haley Jones, Azzi Fudd and Paige Bueckers.

Griffin is from perennial power Ossining High School in Westchester County, NY, home of the mighty NY Liberty.

UConn got a verbal from Griffin.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/28/18 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

UConn got a verbal from Griffin.

Nice. That was expected, given her and her father's statements in the media over the past year.

It's quite a tribute to coach Dan Ricci at Ossining High School, a virtual unknown 10 years ago, to have produced three UConn recruits in the past seven years. Not that I know all the high schools of every UConn player in history, but I think it's probably been rare for any high school to have sent three players to UConn. The only other one I can recall off the top of my head is Christ the King, with Sue Bird, Tina Charles and Lorin Dixon.
ClayK

PostPosted: 09/28/18 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another big domino could fall soon ...

PostPosted: 09/28/18 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am hearing Haley Jones is choosing between Stanford and Uconn.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/29/18 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

c'mon Haley make the right choice Laughing

- Amanda Gorman
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/29/18 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep Yep Trees over dogs

Coyotes

PostPosted: 09/29/18 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Yep Yep Trees over dogs

She should just nix both those and come play for the 'Yotes. Twisted Evil

Didn't someone do a one liner a few years ago that if we did a college basketball draft....we could end up with something like...

"With the first pick of the 2017 College Draft, South Dakota State selects.....Katie Lou Samuelson!"

Well. This year the Yotes get the first pick.
Laughing

But in all honesty. She should go to Stanford. She'd look much better in that uniform.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 09/29/18 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry UConn, the Cardinal took over your thread.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/29/18 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/29/18 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

That shouldn't be a hard choice for serious basketball player who also wants an elite academic credential. I recall 10 or 12 years ago on another forum, about the time Diggins was being recruited, a couple of us figured out Tara V got about 92% of her recruiting targets who were academically admitted. Geno beat her recently for KLS and perhaps much earlier for Bird and Lobo.
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/29/18 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

That shouldn't be a hard choice for serious basketball player who also wants an elite academic credential. I recall 10 or 12 years ago on another forum, about the time Diggins was being recruited, a couple of us figured out Tara V got about 92% of her recruiting targets who were academically admitted. Geno beat her recently for KLS and perhaps much earlier for Bird and Lobo.

the question is how serious she is about the academic side. And there's also sometimes the attraction of moving to the far side of the continent away from Mom and Pop. So unless someone knows all the factors she's considering I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

- Amanda Gorman
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/30/18 3:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

the question is how serious she is about the academic side. And there's also sometimes the attraction of moving to the far side of the continent away from Mom and Pop. So unless someone knows all the factors she's considering I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Leaving San Jose (or Santa Cruz, which is it for Haley Jones?) for Connecticut can be a career, economic and aesthetic mistake. I speak from personal experience. Of course, I probably couldn't afford to live in San Jose anymore, and the house I sold for $165,000 in the Almaden Valley in 1982 is now valued at well over a million. And the paradisaical weather . . the cloudless skies . . . not-Frisco, my favorite city in the country . . . redwood trees . . . magnificent Yosemite . . . the golden hills with valley oaks. Sigh. On the other hand, I don't speak Spanish.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/30/18 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Recent interview with Haley Jones. She's very voluble, in contrast to many high school players with whom an interview is like pulling teeth.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H9BpxAwzi34" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
ClayK

PostPosted: 10/01/18 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've done a story on Haley and interviewed her for others ... she's very articulate. I don't like interviewing teenagers because of what Glenn says, but Haley made it easy.

Based on nothing, I'm saying UConn is her destination ...

PostPosted: 10/01/18 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not a good use of the word articulate mate.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 10/01/18 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My bet Uconn.

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/02/18 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Not a good use of the word articulate mate.

Don't get it ... was it grammatically incorrect?

PostPosted: 10/02/18 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's a dogwhistle.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/03/18 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

I was scratching my head about this series of posts here this past weekend at the very time when Jones was traveling to South Bend.

@haleyjoness19
thank you to the staff and players of @ndwbb for the having my family and I out for a great official visit!

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 10/03/18 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

I was scratching my head about this series of posts here this past weekend at the very time when Jones was traveling to South Bend.

@haleyjoness19
thank you to the staff and players of @ndwbb for the having my family and I out for a great official visit!

Last year Williams took all of her visits and still ended up at Uconn.
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 10/03/18 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
myrtle wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Leaving San Jose (or Santa Cruz, which is it for Haley Jones?) for Connecticut can be a career, economic and aesthetic mistake. I speak from personal experience. Of course, I probably couldn't afford to live in San Jose anymore, and the house I sold for $165,000 in the Almaden Valley in 1982 is now valued at well over a million. And the paradisaical weather . . the cloudless skies . . . not-Frisco, my favorite city in the country . . . redwood trees . . . magnificent Yosemite . . . the golden hills with valley oaks. Sigh. On the other hand, I don't speak Spanish.

Gross. I find endless blue sky/"nice" weather monotonous and incredibly boring.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 12 of 18

Jump to: