66%
 66%  [ 16 ]
Mercury
33%
 33%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 24

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/07/18 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toliver is a beauty to watch when she is on fire.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/07/18 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dirty Diana Is about to show her ugly face and Get a T'ed up for anotber suspension. Tianna Hawkins did get away with slapping the sh*t out of Taurasi though Laughing. Refs refused to review it....weird or agenda?

PostPosted: 08/07/18 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Why has Currie played only a minute?

I think Powers has taken her job. TRP in danger as well.

PostPosted: 08/07/18 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Dirty Diana Is about to show her ugly face and Get a T'ed up for anotber suspension. Tianna Hawkins did get away with slapping the sh*t out of Taurasi though Laughing. Refs refused to review it....weird or agenda?

It might be partially her own doing, but the refs certainly have never favored her.

PostPosted: 08/07/18 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA teams don’t seem good at getting the ball to a teammate when they are going to clearly win the jump ball.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/07/18 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

you would think FLB would be good in this situation

- Amanda Gorman
mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/07/18 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
you would think FLB would be good in this situation

You would think. We have bench issues, so let’s not play our best bench player the whole game. Instead, let’s play a guard who we’ve benched for the past three games...see how she does. (Yes, we should have been playing her more...but not at the expense of Mitchell...this isn’t rocket science..)

Oh, hey look..everyone’s shot is short.

It’s ridiculous. Mercury need a new coach.

PostPosted: 08/07/18 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics get 2 wins in one day. Wow they really are magical!

PostPosted: 08/07/18 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Not so fast!

PostPosted: 08/07/18 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Not so fast!

Wow yes maybe the magic ran out ....we have 17.5 secs to find out. Cant get the ball inbounds is not a good sign.

PostPosted: 08/07/18 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wtf Diana Laughing

Luuuc
#NATC

WNBA 09 wrote:

Ok now I can give that post the Laughing it deserves

That was the worst last possession play in mercury history. Is that really what Sandy drew up? The inbounds play players were confused on where to go. That play was dead before it started. Smh

PostPosted: 08/07/18 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Not so fast!

Wow yes maybe the magic ran out ....we have 17.5 secs to find out. Cant get the ball inbounds is not a good sign.

Nope..2 wins..

I don’t even know what to say..

I think we shoot a better percentage from three in most cases, but something not talked about as much is our three point shooting isn’t where it was.

Another not so great game by DT. Her shot was off...

Really hurting our selves in playoff positions and our old team could use some byes..

Brit had a great game, but she’s been slow on defense for a while. I think part of the issue is teams are pulling her out (simple enough fix, instruct the team to switch to keep her down there, or play zone)..but she’s really just been late defensively a lot.

Bonner had some moments both ways.

Talbot did her job well.

We need more from the bench. Diana is 36..she needs more rest...Brit can’t play the whole game. Mitchell, Turner, Robinson off the bench. This isn’t hard, and I don’t know how a professional basketball coach can’t figure that out.

PostPosted: 08/07/18 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What does make it harder is that our guards are all tiny

PostPosted: 08/07/18 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On the positive..we play Indy next. And all of our games have been close..so a run in the playoffs isn’t out of the question. They just need to figure it out fast.

PostPosted: 08/07/18 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

But that wasn’t even an issue this game, considering their best guard is tiny too.

PostPosted: 08/07/18 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
On the positive..we play Indy next. And all of our games have been close..so a run in the playoffs isn’t out of the question. They just need to figure it out fast.

We're not going to climb up the standings and avoid single game eliminations, so the most important thing for us now is staying healthy & fresh. Figuring things out would be handy too, yeah. Being fresh works better if we know what to do on the court.

mercfan3 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

But that wasn’t even an issue this game, considering their best guard is tiny too.

Yeah, I still believe in trying your other options when things aren't going well.
In our case our other options don't offer many points of difference, but you still never know if a player is going to find their niche in a particular game unless you actually give them a chance.

Last edited by Luuuc on 08/07/18 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/07/18 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

We're not going to climb up the standings and avoid single game eliminations, so the most important thing for us now is staying healthy & fresh. Figuring things out would be handy too, yeah. Being fresh works better if we know what to do on the court.

Maybe we’ll lose just the right amount of games so we don’t have to play Minnesota. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/07/18 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

agenda. no question about it. If that had been DT slapping Hawkins in the top of her head she would have been called for the flagrant foul. At one point 2 Wash players were holding BG under the basket, no foul called but BG makes a clean block and is called for a foul. I honestly believe that the refs have it in for certain players. I have been watching the w since its beginning and never(before this year) have I seen such bad calls. I am starting to think about not watching next year. The w needs to do something about these bad calls on ALL teams or instead of trying to get more fans to watch they will begin to lose fans. Another thing, they need to do something about all the flopping that is taking place including Nneka, Candance, Dolson etc.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/07/18 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

mercfan3 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Yeah, I still believe in trying your other options when things aren't going well.
In our case our other options don't offer many points of difference, but you still never know if a player is going to find their niche in a particular game unless you actually give them a chance.

And that’s fine, but Mitch is a consistent positive for us, and for most of the game..it was just the starters.

Trying our other options would be trying Turner and Robinson instead of Little, ten games ago.

Or heck, I want Turner to get some minutes..we can find minutes for both FLB and Turner. But FLB has never been the “what’s not working” part of the equation.

Most coaches don’t get this much string. Heck, Gaines got a half a season of underperforming with Brit and Diana before he was fired, and the stuff he was pulling wasn’t nearly as stupid. But I fully expect Sandy to be the Merc head coach until DT retires.

PostPosted: 08/08/18 2:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cv7_VrwuuCs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tfan

PostPosted: 08/08/18 2:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*duplicate post*

Last edited by tfan on 08/08/18 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/08/18 6:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to the Mystics for taking a well deserve victory over the Mercury

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/08/18 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics clinched a playoff spot with the win over the Mercury. There were some who predicted on this message board before this season that the Mystics would be lottery bound without Emma Meesseman and Tayler Hill.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: