RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Some things I think I think after watching tuesday's games

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishhappy

PostPosted: 08/01/18 3:27 pm    ::: Some things I think I think after watching tuesday's games Reply Reply with quote

Sloot Is the playing better than any point guard in the league right now. 3 weeks ago Skylar would have been ahead of her because of her scoring but not now. ( Opinions please)
Sloot / Allie are the best back court. then I watched the Storm game and I think Bird/ Jewel are in a tie with them. Montgomery /Hayes are next.
(opinions please)
Liz and Griner are both nearly unstoppable with the ball near the basket. they both block lot of shots and change a lot of shots but Liz is a much better rebounder. advantage Liz in the best big race. Fowles is right behind and then Tina, Great scorer but not the force on defense that the others are (Opnions Please)

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/01/18 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd have Toliver/Cloud over Montgomery/Hayes but I'm basically Cloud's biggest fan on here...

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/01/18 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sloot would have been perfect for team USA

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/01/18 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slooty and Allie are the best backcourt if defense doesn't count. Particularly Quigley. Chicago is last in defensive efficiency in the league by 3 full points. Their interior defense is certainly terrible, but Quigley gets beat with regularity too. Slooty's deficiencies also show up more on a team with generally poor defensive help. Though on a good defensive team I'd say Slooty's strengths on defense (somewhat physical, good positioning over a short area) would come more into play.

And I really like both players both personally and in terms of viewing. I love Quigley's rise to prominence. And while she's chiseled up the upper body, bigger players still post her up for fun and she's one of the worst guards I've seen at staying with quick guards on the perimeter. 10 years ago you could get away with Quigley's defense more easily. It's harder to do so now because the guards are quicker and more explosive all over the place.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: