RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jackie Stiles Diagnosed with Cancer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/08/18 10:28 am    ::: Jackie Stiles Diagnosed with Cancer Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
“Thankfully the cancer was caught early and has not spread, and I expect to make a full recovery,” said Stiles, who is the program’s all-time leading scorer and second in NCAA history. “I am grateful for any thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I look forward to speaking publicly about this once I return to the team.”

“Jackie means so much to this program, university and community,” said head coach Kellie Harper. “All of our thoughts and prayers are with Jackie and her family as she begins this treatment. We are confident she will make full recovery and we look forward to having her back with the team.”

http://www.ozarkssportszone.com/2018/01/07/jackie-stiles-taking-leave-from-lady-bears-for-medical-reasons/

PostPosted: 01/08/18 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing this story, Genero36!

Best wishes to Jackie for a full recovery!

Genero36

PostPosted: 01/08/18 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Thank you for sharing this story, Genero36!

Best wishes to Jackie for a full recovery!

No problem. I saw Swoopes wish her well on her timeline and thought to post the news on this site.

Jackie is one of the classiest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

PostPosted: 01/08/18 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OMG Cancer sucks. God bless and fight as you always have done.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/08/18 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

good luck to her and everyone everywhere fighting for their good health.

PostPosted: 01/08/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bummer. Best wishes to her for a speedy and complete recovery!

PostPosted: 01/08/18 3:21 pm    ::: Re: Jackie Stiles Diagnosed with Cancer Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

Quote:
“Thankfully the cancer was caught early and has not spread, and I expect to make a full recovery,” said Stiles, who is the program’s all-time leading scorer and second in NCAA history. “I am grateful for any thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I look forward to speaking publicly about this once I return to the team.”

“Jackie means so much to this program, university and community,” said head coach Kellie Harper. “All of our thoughts and prayers are with Jackie and her family as she begins this treatment. We are confident she will make full recovery and we look forward to having her back with the team.”

http://www.ozarkssportszone.com/2018/01/07/jackie-stiles-taking-leave-from-lady-bears-for-medical-reasons/

Egads! With a personal history of cancer x 2, strong family history of melanoma and being fair-skinned, red-haired and light blue eyes, I have another disease to be vigilant about.

Best wishes on quick recovery, Jackie!

~rAf
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 01/09/18 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's a truly sucky disease. She's fortunate it was caught early. I hope she doesn't have marked vision loss from either the disease or the treatment. Best wishes to her for a complete recovery.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 07/24/18 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UPDATE:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article215224225.html

https://apnews.com/f17af99feb894102ae7482c0064fa043

PostPosted: 07/29/18 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I probably told this story before but Jackie Stiles is maybe my most favorite player of all time....why?....well she put on a fantastic display playing against Duke and Washington many yrs ago in the regional in Spokane wa and I just became an instant fan...went to great lengths to find out everything I could about her...had fans sending me tapes of her games...still have them...when she played for the Fire I/we drove 375 miles just to catch her game...went to Seattle for a game too....so I was/still am an over the top fan of hers...

she was an assistant coach for LMU and played a game at gonzaga a few yrs ago...well, I grabbed up my NCAA regional championship shirt and waited until after the game to get an autograph...I thought I lost my chance because the coaches and team left so early but JS was the last one and I came screaming at her to sign my shirt....lol....talk about making a fool of yourself....but I think it tickled her to have somebody remember her from 10 yrs previous...I hope it did....some players you just want them to know how appreciated they are....

good luck Jackie Stiles....God Bless....

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/18/22 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@JackieStiles10 wrote:
This may not be news to some but “The Jackie Stiles” Story was picked up by Virgil Films and will be streaming starting on August 30th on Amazon Prime, Apple TV, Google Play, YouTube Movies, VUDU and Vimeo on Demand! Please leave reviews on these platforms as they mean a lot!!

https://twitter.com/JackieStiles10/status/1559991271908835328

PostPosted: 08/19/22 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
@JackieStiles10 wrote:
This may not be news to some but “The Jackie Stiles” Story was picked up by Virgil Films and will be streaming starting on August 30th on Amazon Prime, Apple TV, Google Play, YouTube Movies, VUDU and Vimeo on Demand! Please leave reviews on these platforms as they mean a lot!!

https://twitter.com/JackieStiles10/status/1559991271908835328

Jackie will always be a giant....."what if" for me. She was an electric college basketball player with a motor that rivaled Catchings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: