RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Uniforms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucbart

PostPosted: 07/24/18 7:36 am    ::: Uniforms Reply Reply with quote

I know we've discussed that Nike could've done a little better with uniform design, like not having each team in the exact same uniform...but does anyone miss a white uniform? I don't love all the yellow.

And I get why the Liberty where the seafoam green, but they look really bad on TV.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/24/18 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I tend to like the all-colour concept, but once that decision was made I feel like several of the teams could've done better. Like why are Vegas playing in either black or grey, when a deep red and a shiny gold are both part of their logo? But I'm just generally bored by these uniforms. Sales of replicas are probably terrible, and they'll blame that mostly on the sponsors being all over them, but for me the complete lack of imagination in design is just as much to blame (plus it took them an eternity to actually put the things on sale).

PostPosted: 07/24/18 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They're meh, and they're US$139.99
Hell to the no.

PostPosted: 07/25/18 5:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The all-color concept can be very difficult on people who are color-blind. There are different kinds of color blindness: what might not be a problem for some color-blind people will be a problem for others. Unless it's one very light color and one very dark color, there are always going to be problems.

Fortunately I am not color-blind, but my brother is. I often watch games where I think to myself that, even if I could convince him to watch the Liberty, he wouldn't be able to figure out who was on what team.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/25/18 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Excellent point. Color blindness is why the NFL had to alter the Thursday color-rush concept to make sure certain colors didn’t clash. How the WNBA hasn’t considered this is surprising, but maybe nobody has complained. I hate the Liberty green uniforms as well, which they seem to wear like 65% of the time.

PostPosted: 07/25/18 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Excellent point. Color blindness is why the NFL had to alter the Thursday color-rush concept to make sure certain colors didn’t clash. How the WNBA hasn’t considered this is surprising, but maybe nobody has complained. I hate the Liberty green uniforms as well, which they seem to wear like 65% of the time.

The W has been good about having light vs dark

PostPosted: 07/25/18 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

The W has been good about having light vs dark

That’s true. I will say the back of the Liberty two-tone green is kind of dark. Not sure if it would matter to someone who is color blind. The Mystics also have two darker looking uniforms. Wonder if they clash with any team. I guess if nobody has complained...

PostPosted: 07/25/18 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watched the USA women play Mexico in the University Games in Brazil yesterday on facebook. The USA was in all black and Mexico was in a real dark green. You could not tell the difference even though the stream was pretty good HI Def. I was wondering if each team only came with on set of uni's. Confused It was a real disaster watching. Could not have been that easy for the players as well.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/25/18 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Watched the USA women play Mexico in the University Games in Brazil yesterday on facebook. The USA was in all black and Mexico was in a real dark green. You could not tell the difference even though the stream was pretty good HI Def. I was wondering if each team only came with on set of uni's. Confused It was a real disaster watching. Could not have been that easy for the players as well.

The USA should never wear black. Our colors are red, white, and blue.

PostPosted: 07/25/18 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:

They must have been National Flag Blue, not black.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: