RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

I'm A Little Geeked Up...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyperetic

PostPosted: 07/20/18 11:30 am    ::: I'm A Little Geeked Up... Reply Reply with quote

I know regular season position in the standings don't really mean much til the final one but I'm kinda geeked to see the Wings higher than the Lynx in the current standings. Has that EVER happened before? I feel kinda not happy for the Lynx but they have been the benchnark for awhile now. Exciting to see the Wings up there! 😁
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 07/20/18 11:41 am    ::: Re: I'm A Little Geeked Up... Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
I know regular season position in the standings don't really mean much til the final one but I'm kinda geeked to see the Wings higher than the Lynx in the current standings. Has that EVER happened before? I feel kinda not happy for the Lynx but they have been the benchnark for awhile now. Exciting to see the Wings up there! 😁

The 2015 Tulsa Shock were 8-1 through their first 9 games, while the Lynx were 7-2.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 07/20/18 3:12 pm    ::: Re: I'm A Little Geeked Up... Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

The 2015 Tulsa Shock were 8-1 through their first 9 games, while the Lynx were 7-2.

Thanks for the info. Guess I blotted that out of my mind because their fortunes were somewhat reversed by the end of the season....

Still, this season seems a little different somehow.
PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/20/18 7:03 pm    ::: Re: I'm A Little Geeked Up... Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

If you are going back before the franchise came to Dallas, the Detroit Shock won three titles. This is a franchise with a lot of success in its history.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 07/22/18 5:12 pm    ::: Re: I'm A Little Geeked Up... Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

If you are going back before the franchise came to Dallas, the Detroit Shock won three titles. This is a franchise with a lot of success in its history.

Wasn't going back that far because the majority of the major players in Detroit responsible for that success ditched the team when it moved. Tulsa got a shadow of the former Detroit Shock. Plus Minnesota wasn't the powerhouse it has been these days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: