Storm
52%
 52%  [ 10 ]
Sun
47%
 47%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 19

Shades

PostPosted: 07/19/18 3:50 pm    ::: Storm @ Sun - 7/20/18 Reply Reply with quote

Uncasville, CT - 7:00 PM ET
TV: NBA TV, NBCSB

Video:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180720/SEACON

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401018920

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 07/20/18 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A Sun win will mathematically eliminate the Fever from playoff contention

PostPosted: 07/20/18 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howard is literally getting destroyed by Ogwumike.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/20/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was a pretty bad quarter by Seattle.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
lynxmania

PostPosted: 07/20/18 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe the 2nd quarter will be better Laughing

toad455

PostPosted: 07/20/18 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewart is also off tonight. Just nothing going inside for Seattle. Howard/Stewart 1-9 combined & 4 rebs.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/20/18 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odd to think Sun were considered title contenders in the beginning of the season. They started off 7-1 and have gone 5-10 since.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/20/18 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Terrible half by Seattle. Loyd has been their only bright spot.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/20/18 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clarendon 4 TO's in 11 min. Looks like ATL may have made the right choice on the PG

Shades

PostPosted: 07/20/18 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chop chop chop.... the Sun is setting

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/20/18 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Loyd had the best two-way game I’ve seen a SG have all year. Not only the 31 on 11-15 shooting. But destroyed Courtney Williams defensively too. Completely eliminated her with the athleticism, wingspan and sheer will. She’s so much physically stronger compared to when she entered the league thin as a rail.

Of course, I mostly watch the Liberty. Our two-guards don’t really do that sort of thing unless Nurse gets 2-guard time.

PostPosted: 07/20/18 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Before it disappears... the pregame Game Notes (by the AP) made my feeble brain hurt.

Quote:
The Sun's Chiney Ogwumike and Jasmine Thomas are also part of the talent pool for the All-Star game.

Ogwumike, who missed all last season with a torn Achilles, leads the Sun (12-11) in scoring (14.8 ) and is second in rebounding (7.5). Thomas leads her team in rebounding (9.4).

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/21/18 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What was interesting to me was that Seattle won this game with guard play (Bird and Loyd were 18-28 and triggered the defense that forced 22 turnovers) but also can win games with Stewart, Howard and Clark (who were 7-26).

That kind of versatility is an important asset to any team with dreams of winning a title.

PostPosted: 07/21/18 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
What was interesting to me was that Seattle won this game with guard play (Bird and Loyd were 18-28 and triggered the defense that forced 22 turnovers) but also can win games with Stewart, Howard and Clark (who were 7-26).

That kind of versatility is an important asset to any team with dreams of winning a title.

I wish I could just wrap my entire team in protective bubble wrap for the next month.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/21/18 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Totally agree. When I was watching I was thinking the same. And I watch the Libs every game obviously and I know I complain about the refs a lot. But this game demonstrated just how good on defense you have to be to stop teams from scoring in this league. Their defense was incredible. You don’t see those gaps between the primary defender and the help defense. Howard moves her feet so quickly to get in defensive position. Loyd keeps players from penetrating. Stewie’s help defense protects the rim with her length. Even Sue’s help defense is good. Much better than in prior years where she’s been a liability. But she too moves her feet and is aware of her positioning. It shows that desire and will are still a big part of playing D. Stewie and Howard are probably the best help D post combo I’ve seen this year. Toss in Loyd...and Clark, who I didn’t mention yet...and this is the best all around team in the league. And playoff ready.

PostPosted: 07/21/18 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Seattle will not win a playoff game with Stewart/Howard shooting the way they did against Connecticut.The margin for error is much smaller when you're playing against a multi-star basketball team.....Cambage/Diggins...Griner/Taurasi/Bonner...Fowles/Moore...Parker/Ogwumike/Gray....Hayes/McCoughtry.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 07/21/18 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Seattle will not win a playoff game with Stewart/Howard shooting the way they did against Connecticut.The margin for error is much smaller when you're playing against a multi-star basketball team.....Cambage/Diggins...Griner/Taurasi/Bonner...Fowles/Moore...Parker/Ogwumike/Gray....Hayes/McCoughtry.

It wasn’t the prettiest game, and I doubt we’ll see that kind of shooting too often, but we have a lot of scorers including bench players.

PostPosted: 07/21/18 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Loyd is as much of a star as half the players you listed.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/21/18 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Loyd is as much of a star as half the players you listed.

And the most inconsistent...

8 of the 12 listed players are Champions,and proven playoff performers.

As for the remaining players....Hayes/McCoughtry(Atlanta)knocked Seattle out of the playoffs in 2017.....The Dallas Wings have the best Center & PG in the league....Loyd rarely plays well against the Wings.

Loyd vs Dal: 3-15 fg,3-11 fg,5-17 fg...Totle:11-43 fg in 3 gms.

I believe Atl,Dal and minny are the worst possible matchups for Seattle.........Seattle IMO has a better chance of Beating LA/Phoe in the playoffs.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/21/18 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Wings are still not a team built for the playoffs btw. Too reliant on refs.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/21/18 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas has a lot to prove in the playoffs,but so does Seattle.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/21/18 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas' stamina is clearly an issue based on last night's game. It would be interesting to see how they'd hold up in a best-of-5 series.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/21/18 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All it takes is one game where they don't get the calls they need and there won't be no 5-game series for Dallas.

miller40

PostPosted: 07/21/18 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Dallas' stamina is clearly an issue based on last night's game. It would be interesting to see how they'd hold up in a best-of-5 series.

I don't know if many teams would be able to perform well landing at 1pm on the end of a back-to-back and scheduled to play 6 or 7 hours later.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/21/18 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Dallas has a lot to prove in the playoffs,but so does Seattle.

I agree thats why i like the Storms chances a lot more in a series then in 1 playoff game.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: