RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mystics @ Liberty - 7/21/18
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 07/20/18 8:03 pm    ::: Mystics @ Liberty - 7/21/18 Reply Reply with quote

White Plains, NY - 3:00 PM ET
TV: NBA TV, MSG, Monumental

Video:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180721/WASNYL

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=4010188923

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 07/20/18 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zellous is out(right ankle) & Prince is doubtful(eye).

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/20/18 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any word on Z’s injury? I mean, any specifics? I want to see Nurse play badly but I hate that it’s coming at the expense of injuries. I wonder if knowing they’re guaranteed minutes will help Sugar and Nurse though. Sugar played better as a starter last year.

PostPosted: 07/21/18 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Z/Piph not in uniform.

PostPosted: 07/21/18 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coleman starting with Rodgers. Totally lost as to what Coleman has done to warrant starting over Nurse. This isn’t 2010 anymore. So sick of this.

PostPosted: 07/21/18 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Piph actually on bench in warmups. Has not participated in warming up though. Z is on crutches.

PostPosted: 07/21/18 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Coleman starting with Rodgers. Totally lost as to what Coleman has done to warrant starting over Nurse. This isn’t 2010 anymore. So sick of this.

Yes. So bizarre.

PostPosted: 07/21/18 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Yes. So bizarre.

Two things:

1. Katie Smith is in way over her head.
2. I feel bad for the Libs. This "home court" is a joke.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/21/18 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Our team defense is so bad. Toliver should not be able to look around that long to make that pass.

PostPosted: 07/21/18 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

I'm totally lost as to what Sugar has done to warrant starting over Nurse, because I do not see Nurse as a small forward in the WNBA. She looks like a shooting guard to me.

Normally I'd agree 100% about wanting to see more Nurse with the season over for all intents and purposes. Not that I'm sure that Katie would have started her anyway, but I think this has a lot to do with the offensive foul Kia committed against Angel McCoughtry last game. At first, I thought it was a bad call--Kia was blowing by Angel; why would she foul? I went back and watched it several times, and the first few times, I thought it was on Angel, because she was running to cut Kia off before Kia was completely behind her. However, looking closely, Kia for some reason leaned into Angel. At first, I thought that Nurse was simply bracing herself for contact, but each time I watched it, it seemed more and more like she interrupted her breakaway to turn into and deliver a blow to Angel.

I don't think Nurse saw another minute after the play. I am certain Katie was trying to send a message there, and I'm also fairly certain that, even if Katie was considering starting Nurse after the injuries, there's no way she would reward Kia with a start the game immediately following.

Hopefully Kia will get lots of minutes this afternoon even though she didn't start.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/21/18 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atkins' 1st quarters are insanely good

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 07/21/18 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD is hot right now!

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/21/18 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TRP and Thomas first off the bench... c'mon Mike

Shades

PostPosted: 07/21/18 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dayuuum, Zahui!

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 07/21/18 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some really bad shooting by Washington at the start of the 2nd period.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/21/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

I'm totally lost as to what Sugar has done to warrant starting over Nurse, because I do not see Nurse as a small forward in the WNBA. She looks like a shooting guard to me.

Normally I'd agree 100% about wanting to see more Nurse with the season over for all intents and purposes. Not that I'm sure that Katie would have started her anyway, but I think this has a lot to do with the offensive foul Kia committed against Angel McCoughtry last game. At first, I thought it was a bad call--Kia was blowing by Angel; why would she foul? I went back and watched it several times, and the first few times, I thought it was on Angel, because she was running to cut Kia off before Kia was completely behind her. However, looking closely, Kia for some reason leaned into Angel. At first, I thought that Nurse was simply bracing herself for contact, but each time I watched it, it seemed more and more like she interrupted her breakaway to turn into and deliver a blow to Angel.

I don't think Nurse saw another minute after the play. I am certain Katie was trying to send a message there, and I'm also fairly certain that, even if Katie was considering starting Nurse after the injuries, there's no way she would reward Kia with a start the game immediately following.

Hopefully Kia will get lots of minutes this afternoon even though she didn't start.

It was her fifth foul in the third quarter. She was trying to draw a foul in a chippy game, nothing more. Anyone would have sat after that. No point in playing her once the game was out of reach. She’s 6’0” with a long wingspan. A little thin but people bounce off her. She’s strong enough to play the position. Coleman adds nothing. She’s a terrible defender who can’t create her own shot. If she’s not making 3s, which she hasn’t been, there’s no reason for her to be out there. Sugar can even guard Currie or TRP better than Coleman can.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 07/21/18 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 07/21/18 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coleman was decent the first few games, but now she's just a waste on our roster. Why not give Allen some playing time instead?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
NYSports56

PostPosted: 07/21/18 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
It was her fifth foul in the third quarter.

I did not realize that. If that's the case, then I doubt the play had anything to do with Nurse's starting role today.

There were too many Liberty turnovers in the open court in the first half, but I thought the half court offense was running quite well and was producing good opportunities. Defensively, there have been some very good possessions and some very bad possessions.

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/21/18 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hartley's middle name is now "almost"

- Amanda Gorman
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/21/18 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whatever you’re seeing on TV, it’s ten times worse in the building.

PostPosted: 07/21/18 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nurse heating up. It might be time for Smith to pull her.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/21/18 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In today's game, Marissa Coleman played more minutes than Kia Nurse. Can't wait to hear Katie Smith's defenders explain why. Will Coleman lead the Liberty to a 10-game winning streak and a playoff spot? Will Coleman be on the team next season? This is absurd.

PostPosted: 07/21/18 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And this is my breaking point. We know they’re a bad team. We know teams shoot over our players for fun while our players stand there for fear of jumping and fouling. We know teams torch us from outside. We know this season is over as far as a playoff spot is concerned.

Marissa Coleman is not a WNBA starter. Kia Nurse is. Nurse is the future. Coleman is past her prime. If we can’t at least experience the future while also giving the best chance to win right now, then I’m emotionally checked out for the season. What’s the point?

PostPosted: 07/21/18 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another loss decided before the 4th quarter even began. The Liberty are not giving their fans a single reason to watch them.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 07/21/18 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
If we can’t at least experience the future while also giving the best chance to win right now, then I’m emotionally checked out for the season. What’s the point?

Yeah, that's part of what I meant by the team giving its fans no reason to watch them. It is long past time to get the younger players in for some serious playing time. I think I've been as reluctant to throw in the towel as anyone, but now even if the Liberty go undefeated there's a chance they won't make the playoffs anyway.

I am never in favor of tanking, and I know that doing so will most likely have no effect on the 2019 draft. However, with the way this team is going, losing now may well improve their chances in the 2020 draft. There really isn't any justification for not allowing the young players to develop at this point.

By the way, I love the 2 year rule the WNBA uses to prevent tanking. It's not perfect, but I think it makes things a whole lot better. Other professional sports leagues should take notice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: