46%  [ 7 ]
Mercury
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 15

SCook

PostPosted: 07/19/18 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Phoenix has a big hole at PF,and no bench depth...Losing Sancho was huge....They better give Indiana a call and ask about the availability of Dupree.

I agree. Give us Pree for whomever

PostPosted: 07/20/18 2:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PhoenixxLily wrote:
i REALLY can't stand Anne as a commentator Rolling Eyes seriously.

+ 100 Billion Zillion!!!

toad455

PostPosted: 07/20/18 4:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aces are now just 1.5 games back from 8th.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
tfan

PostPosted: 07/20/18 4:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/17miyTIxJzs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mercfan3

PostPosted: 07/20/18 7:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Phoenix has a big hole at the PF,and no bench depth...Losing Sancho was huge....

Yeah I think her importance is only just sinking in for a lot of people, because the Merc have had some easy games since we lost her but the difference watching the team play is obvious. That really hurt.

I was nervous when it happened. My first thought was “there goes our championship.” I think the Merc were a little separated from the rest of the league with her in th lineup.

But, Robinson has surprised me. She’s a very good rebounder. Decent defender. And gets in the right place at the right time for her more talented teammates to pass to her.

She should be a minimum 30 mpg player on our team. Her attributes are what the starting lineup needs.

But I expect Little will start the rest of the season, and it’ll
continue to put us in the hole at the beginning of games.

I also expect Talbot will get Mitchell’s minutes, instead of giving it to Turner. (The only player who could guard McBride last night). Because Sandy loves complimentary players who are good at nothing.

Only good news is the Mercury have like..2 away games left. Storm have around 8, LA, DC, and Dallas have around 6.

If we have a common sense rotation, we have a good shot at the byes..We just need to get it together.

Last edited by mercfan3 on 07/20/18 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/20/18 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Sandy loves complimentary players who are good at nothing

Laughing
it's true

PostPosted: 07/20/18 7:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Sandy loves complimentary players who are good at nothing

Laughing
it's true

Maybe the Merc should trade for Kaela Davis

PostPosted: 07/20/18 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McBride, Wilson power red-hot Aces past Mercury

The Morning After: Aces vs. Mercury

willtalk

PostPosted: 07/20/18 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They tried Gulish at PF in the 4th and she seemed to be doing well until she tried to make a long pass to DT that got picked off. Second one that night on the same type play. Coach pulled her out right then. They are sure giving her a short leash. She might make mistakes like that but she is very active, hustles, plays good defense and get O-boards. You should at least have similar standards for every player. You can't just pull a player out if they make an error. It will erode their confidence. Angler pulls the player out, corrects them, and then puts them right back in a few minutes. I done see why coaches have double standards for rookies, especially if you really need them on the floor. The Merks just can not afford not to use her.

I also noticed this coach often had the opportunity to give Gulish minutes in garbage time many times this year but chose not to do so. I know some coaches do not like to deal with rookies, but the situation the team finds themselves in now are precisely why it is wise to develop and give them minutes when ever they are available.

SCook

PostPosted: 07/20/18 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sandy is getting a real side eye from me right now. I feel like Little is not helping us at all and Playing her excessively is not the way to go. Robinson needs to start.

I don't know why Gulich down get minutes but of course, she's going to ship her off somewhere at the end of July.

I feel the difference in BG' s play last year and this year is that in 2017, the offense ran primarily through her and this year its not.

I can't even count how many times I've seen players chuck up 3's before she even touched the ball.

PostPosted: 07/20/18 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
Sandy is getting a real side eye from me right now.

She’s getting it from me too. How’d she get this motley crew to the #2 seed? 😏

SCook wrote:
I don't know why Gulich down get minutes but of course, she's going to ship her off somewhere at the end of July.

Trade deadline in three days.

SCook wrote:
I feel the difference in BG' s play last year and this year is that in 2017, the offense ran primarily through her and this year its not.

They have more options this year with Bonner playing and Taurasi playing fresher.

SCook wrote:
I can't even count how many times I've seen players chuck up 3's before she even touched the ball.

Early-season Dallas

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SCook

PostPosted: 07/20/18 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SCook wrote:

She’s getting it from me too. How’d she get this motley crew to the #2 seed? 😏

SCook wrote:

Trade deadline in three days.

SCook wrote:

They have more options this year with Bonner playing and Taurasi playing fresher.

SCook wrote:

Early-season Dallas

I don't care about us being number 2. It's not like we are separating ourselves. Before August, we have Minnesota, Chicago and Seattle.... The lack of energy that this team is playing with is not good.

It's so close that we could fall very low in the standings (though I don't see it and I feel we are adjusting to Sancho being gone) but Sandy has to make better adjustments and so does the team.

DT and DB are amazing but there is still no reason why the offense doesn't run through the biggest player on the floor who can score. Every play doesnt have to go through her but Sandy shouldn't have to call timeouts to get them to give her the ball. That should be common knowledge. If BG was a center that chased the Offensive board then I say it would be fine but she isn't and throwing up shots before getting it inside isn't going to win you games if no one is clearing the glass.

But meh. What do I know. We are number at 15-9 with 3 or 4 teams right behind at 14-9.

PostPosted: 07/20/18 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mean, if DT is open. She should take the shot. Bonner just has a low b-ball IQ.

The offense is usually fine. They shoot threes when other teams are packing it in. But teams have adjusted to being physical with the Merc..none of our players like that.

It’s our defense that’s the problem right now..and the substitution patterns. Four players who can’t score and one of DT/Bonner/Griner is a terrible idea..and it should be obvious. A player who is good at rebounding and defense should be given more minutes than a player who can do neither (and not score either).

Turner can beat her man off the dribble and get to the basket. She’s quick, and is everywhere on defense..but sure..give her ten minutes a game.

We had some of our best minutes as a basketball team with the January/DT/Turner/Bonner/Griner lineup..and we’ve never seen it since.

Like..come on Sandy..

PostPosted: 07/20/18 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:

To put that in context though, she has been getting that from you since the first day she coached BG.

PostPosted: 07/20/18 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
SCook wrote:

To put that in context though, she has been getting that from you since the first day she coached BG.

😂😂😂 That's not true. I feel like more people have felt some type of way about Sandy but I've been not too over the top. I do feel that I've questioned her not getting the ball inside more since she's been there.

She's not a terrible coach. Lately, she's been making poor decisions with the rotation.

Last edited by SCook on 07/20/18 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
SCook

PostPosted: 07/20/18 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
I mean, if DT is open. She should take the shot. Bonner just has a low b-ball IQ.

The offense is usually fine. They shoot threes when other teams are packing it in. But teams have adjusted to being physical with the Merc..none of our players like that.

It’s our defense that’s the problem right now..and the substitution patterns. Four players who can’t score and one of DT/Bonner/Griner is a terrible idea..and it should be obvious. A player who is good at rebounding and defense should be given more minutes than a player who can do neither (and not score either).

Turner can beat her man off the dribble and get to the basket. She’s quick, and is everywhere on defense..but sure..give her ten minutes a game.

We had some of our best minutes as a basketball team with the January/DT/Turner/Bonner/Griner lineup..and we’ve never seen it since.

Like..come on Sandy..

I don't know what her decision making is fueled by. If you need a spark off the bench, Turner provides that. She has her mishaps here and there but that's normal. I feel reminded of the time when DB was struggling and it took Sandy forever to have her come off the bench , where she ended up being more effective.

But anyways, Yes. Why have BG and DB on the bench and leave Diana out with whomever. There was no Turner, Lei has been struggling with her shot, Camille is trash and Talbot..... What did she think would happen?

Sandy has to get it together. She's effective when she's managing our rotations better. I'm not writing her off but glaring at here with annoyance.

PostPosted: 07/20/18 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Like..come on Sandy..

I don't know what her decision making is fueled by. If you need a spark off the bench, Turner provides that. She has her mishaps here and there but that's normal. I feel reminded of the time when DB was struggling and it took Sandy forever to have her come off the bench , where she ended up being more effective.

But anyways, Yes. Why have BG and DB on the bench and leave Diana out with whomever. There was no Turner, Lei has been struggling with her shot, Camille is trash and Talbot..... What did she think would happen?

Sandy has to get it together. She's effective when she's managing our rotations better. I'm not writing her off but glaring at here with annoyance.

She’s one of the worst I’ve seen with substitution patterns.

I actually like her offensive sets, (when the team has them. I swear there were a few years where she just expected Diana to take the basketball and score, without plays being run for her..and it was like..dude..she’s old now.)

But the biggest problem I have is that when you coach professionals, playing the right players is the most important part of her job..and it’s just never been something she’s good at.

On another note..thanks Sloot...if she’d like to do something similar against the Sparks..that’d be great.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: