Liberty
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Dream
92%
 92%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 14

Shades

PostPosted: 07/18/18 6:07 pm    ::: Liberty @ Dream - 7/19/18 Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta, GA - 7:00 PM ET
TV: MSG+

Video:
http://www.espn.com/watch/

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180719/NYLATL/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401018917

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 07/18/18 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like Atlanta should win this, but with a suddenly highly anticipated rubber match with Seattle on Sunday, this has all the makings of a 'trap' game.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/19/18 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ill be rooting for New york in this one . Sick of being tied with every team in the league for a position .

PostPosted: 07/19/18 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty shooting an amazing 28% that quarter & Tina has 2 fouls. This one's over.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 07/19/18 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Again, this small line-up DOESN'T WORK!!

toad455

PostPosted: 07/19/18 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boyd & Charles with 3 fouls each. Zellous went down earlier with what looked like a knee injury. Hasn't returned to the bench.

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/19/18 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love how the commentators are whining about NY fouls....like Atlanta never does.

- Amanda Gorman
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/19/18 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta has 12 offensive rebounds. Never going to win like that. Tina and Boyd have 3 fouls each and it’s been a non-stop whine fest from these announcers about fouls.

PostPosted: 07/19/18 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Might be the worst the Liberty have looked all season.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/19/18 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dream aren't even playing well. The Lib are a mess.

PostPosted: 07/19/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s embarrassing not to see the effort. They don’t show always show heart during tough times. 12 offensive rebounds is inexcusable. Can’t happen. People are watching the ball instead of boxing out and going after it. See, this is what really makes me angry. It doesn’t take talent to play with heart. I thought Vaughn was beyond awful in every facet of basketball, especially boxing out. But she wasn’t alone. Zahui was awful. Coleman was awful. Sugar was awful. Piph was a step away from awful. So was Hartley. Freaking WAKE UP!!!! Play like you care because some of us watching still do!!!

PostPosted: 07/19/18 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Might be the worst the Liberty have looked all season.

Yes, that was the worst half they've played all season. 12 offensive rebounds for the Dream in one half???

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/19/18 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Along with 9 mostly lax turnovers. Down 19 and both teams shot the same from the field and the line.

PostPosted: 07/19/18 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
It’s embarrassing not to see the effort. They don’t show always show heart during tough times. 12 offensive rebounds is inexcusable. Can’t happen. People are watching the ball instead of boxing out and going after it. See, this is what really makes me angry. It doesn’t take talent to play with heart. I thought Vaughn was beyond awful in every facet of basketball, especially boxing out. But she wasn’t alone. Zahui was awful. Coleman was awful. Sugar was awful. Piph was a step away from awful. So was Hartley. Freaking WAKE UP!!!! Play like you care because some of us watching still do!!!

well when you keep puttin out stiffs like Kia Vaughn rebounding won't get better. and Stokes has been a mess all season long

Last edited by LibFan25 on 07/19/18 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 07/19/18 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

well when you keep puttin out stiffs like Kia Vaughn rebounding won't get better. and Stoke has been a mess all season long

Stokes hasn't been decent since her rookie season

PostPosted: 07/19/18 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

well when you keep puttin out stiffs like Kia Vaughn rebounding won't get better. and Stoke has been a mess all season long

its a Fact. she doesn't look explosive like she used to. don't even protect the rim as much, its either a foul or the player blows by her

Last edited by LibFan25 on 07/19/18 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYSports56

PostPosted: 07/19/18 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll start this by saying that when it comes to fans thinking that their team never gets the calls, no sport has more of them than basketball fans. Part of that is because I think basketball is the toughest sport to officiate of them all. It is easy to hope that your team gets every close call, and it just doesn't work that way.

There are so many people I know who are very fair when it comes to officiating, but in basketball, they turn into homers. NYL_WNBA_FAN is one of the most knowledgeable fans here, but he often complains about the refs when I don't agree anything has been too imbalanced. At least he backs his claims up with some statistics that could indicate that his claims have merit, but they don't pass the eye test for me: I see the calls going the Liberty's way as often as I see calls going against them.

That said...

The two fouls early on Tina Charles were total horsecrap. I went back and watched both of them over and over. The first one, she went <b>straight</b> up for a rebound and had every right to the rebound as much as the Dream player. The second one--she went to defend her own space. There may have been glancing contact, but just then, the Dream player jumped out to set a pick, and the ref thought Tina had shoved her.

It's only two calls, but two early fouls against the Liberty's best player is really significant.

And talk about homers with respect for the calls, Tabitha Turner is the biggest one I have ever seen. Not only did she not mention the calls against Tina, but then she starts griping about the calls against Atlanta, and there wasn't much merit to her gripes. Also, Turner failed to notice or mention that Tina was back in the game with her 2 fouls for several minutes once Tina came back. Worst announcer I've seen in all the road games.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/19/18 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Whatever is or isn’t with Stokes, the fact remains that a team only missing Nayo from its post rotation this year led the WNBA in rebounding percentage by 23 percentage points last year. And whatever Stokes isn’t, she’s still been the second-best per minute rebounder on the team, not far from Tina.

Stokes clearly isn’t 100%. There’s no explosion there at all. She’s been one of the best jumpers in the league and now she can’t get off the ground.

But it goes to show that being that reliant on her to anchor the team’s defensive core...when the end of 2016 showed why that was a problem...still needs to be resolved. A team shouldn’t collapse because a role playing post player is hurt.

PostPosted: 07/19/18 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libs have lost composure. I get the frustration and hate Atlanta myself. But woulda been nice if this intensity had been reflected on the glass when it wasn’t a 20 point deficit instead of in the absurd 5 Ts.

They have to individually look hard at themselves and decide simply to play with the pride the last 3 teams had. Those teams got very few Ts. Of course, last year we were -6 in FTA without Boyd and Nurse. This year we are -150 with them even though they are two of our better players getting to the line. So I get the anger. But you lose that right when the opposition throws a party on the offensive boards. Or when the help defense is terrible. We’ve had too many nights like that this year.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 07/19/18 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/19/18 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
I'll start this by saying that when it comes to fans thinking that their team never gets the calls, no sport has more of them than basketball fans. Part of that is because I think basketball is the toughest sport to officiate of them all. It is easy to hope that your team gets every close call, and it just doesn't work that way.

There are so many people I know who are very fair when it comes to officiating, but in basketball, they turn into homers. NYL_WNBA_FAN is one of the most knowledgeable fans here, but he often complains about the refs when I don't agree anything has been too imbalanced. At least he backs his claims up with some statistics that could indicate that his claims have merit, but they don't pass the eye test for me: I see the calls going the Liberty's way as often as I see calls going against them.

That said...

The two fouls early on Tina Charles were total horsecrap. I went back and watched both of them over and over. The first one, she went <b>straight</b> up for a rebound and had every right to the rebound as much as the Dream player. The second one--she went to defend her own space. There may have been glancing contact, but just then, the Dream player jumped out to set a pick, and the ref thought Tina had shoved her.

It's only two calls, but two early fouls against the Liberty's best player is really significant.

And talk about homers with respect for the calls, Tabitha Turner is the biggest one I have ever seen. Not only did she not mention the calls against Tina, but then she starts griping about the calls against Atlanta, and there wasn't much merit to her gripes. Also, Turner failed to notice or mention that Tina was back in the game with her 2 fouls for several minutes once Tina came back. Worst announcer I've seen in all the road games.

Agreed on everything this post says nothing personal

PostPosted: 07/19/18 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know Boyette is struggling and all. But I at least see quickness, athleticism and 6’7”. She’d help us immediately.

PostPosted: 07/19/18 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How did nurse play this game ive read other posts referring to how badly every other player sucked but nothing about nurse in this one so far. Shes the NY golden child.

PostPosted: 07/19/18 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She’s been on the bench with 5 fouls since the third quarter after some less than stellar fouls. Lost her composure like everyone else. Played ok other than that stretch of fouls. 2-3 from the field, 6 points, 3 rebounds 3 assists in 15 minutes. And most importantly, like Boyd and a few others actually played like she cared.

Losing Z seemed to hurt too. The team totally lost composure once she went down.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 07/19/18 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/19/18 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The most lopsided 14 point loss in WNBA history.

PostPosted: 07/19/18 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can somebody make a list of Lib tech fouls?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: