RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Fever @ Lynx - 7/18/18

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 07/17/18 1:31 pm    ::: Fever @ Lynx - 7/18/18 Reply Reply with quote

Minneapolis, MN - 1:00 PM ET
TV: NBA TV

Video:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com
https://www.foxsportsgo.com/

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180718/INDMIN/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401018916

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 07/18/18 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Wings taught children in the Dallas area that Liz Cambage is the G.O.A.T. yesterday, so hopefully the Lynx will try to not lose this game. Nothing would be more Minnesota though than Maya Moore going 1-20 shooting against the Fever in a blowout loss, teaching children that the face of tanking and losing in the WNBA is Maya Moore. Then when children in Minnesota are in gym class or playing basketball, kids will call the most unathletic, uncoordinated kid who cannot shoot to save his/her life, Maya Moore, in honor of the worst basketball player they have ever seen in person.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/18/18 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SHOULD be an easy win

PostPosted: 07/18/18 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Fever players need to learn to get the ball to Vivans. I saw her standing unguarded 3 times in that 1st quarter and no one got her the ball. The only 3 pt shot the Fever have is the one Vivians shot.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/18/18 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
The Fever players need to learn to get the ball to Vivans. I saw her standing unguarded 3 times in that 1st quarter and no one got her the ball. The only 3 pt shot the Fever have is the one Vivians shot.

They need to be coached.

The talent differential is a problem with the Fever, for sure, but this team also appears to be virtually uncoached.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/18/18 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great game from Larkins-4p/5r/7a in 20 minutes.

Larkins' passing ability complements Minnesota's offense.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/18/18 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Larkins with 8a/0t.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/18/18 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Larkins probably knows how to play against Indiana, even though she only experienced one year of Pokey. But yeah, Larkins looks more promising than Kizer. Hopefully they can use the All Star break to become even more assimilated.

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 07/18/18 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
The Wings taught children in the Dallas area that Liz Cambage is the G.O.A.T. yesterday, so hopefully the Lynx will try to not lose this game. Nothing would be more Minnesota though than Maya Moore going 1-20 shooting against the Fever in a blowout loss, teaching children that the face of tanking and losing in the WNBA is Maya Moore. Then when children in Minnesota are in gym class or playing basketball, kids will call the most unathletic, uncoordinated kid who cannot shoot to save his/her life, Maya Moore, in honor of the worst basketball player they have ever seen in person.

just stop.....it is just sad

PostPosted: 07/18/18 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Yes pls. Its annoying

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
sigur3

PostPosted: 07/18/18 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
LynxFan32 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Yes pls. Its annoying

+1

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 07/18/18 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
LynxFan32 wrote:

Yes pls. Its annoying

+1

I explicitly said I hope the Lynx win, and people, including Lynx fans get mad at me. 🤔 I guess I'm not supposed to cheer for any team or say anything then, because it seems weird that Lynx fans would get mad about me wanting the Lynx to win, unless they know something I don't, which is why I figured there must be some tanking conspiracy, or other conspiracy going on that all the Lynx and other WNBA fans are in on, except me.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 07/18/18 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:

I explicitly said I hope the Lynx win, and people, including Lynx fans get mad at me. 🤔 I guess I'm not supposed to cheer for any team or say anything then, because it seems weird that Lynx fans would get mad about me wanting the Lynx to win, unless they know something I don't, which is why I figured there must be some tanking conspiracy, or other conspiracy going on that all the Lynx and other WNBA fans are in on, except me.
What kind of gaslighting nonsense is this?

Man, look, I'm not even pressed about your posts like some of these other posters are. If you don't want ever to back off of your gimmick, and it's not against the rules, I'm cool with it. But then, say that; just own your shit. Don't sit there and act like you didn't do it. You don't have to lie to kick it.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/18/18 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is this crazy season we're living through where someone can go 30 points @ 87% plus 16 boards and not even have their name mentioned in the game thread

PostPosted: 07/18/18 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
What is this crazy season we're living through where someone can go 30 points @ 87% plus 16 boards and not even have their name mentioned in the game thread

Here we go, order restored Mr. Green

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Exclamation Sylvia Fowles Exclamation

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

PostPosted: 07/18/18 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's better Smile

PostPosted: 07/18/18 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whalen is probably in concussion protocol after her collision with Wheeler. The Lynx don’t play until Saturday, so we’ll see how that goes.

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/19/18 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cappie looks good, but at her age, she's much better suited to being a supporting player on a good team than running the show for a dismal one -- especially since that blocks a young player from developing during a lost season.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear she wants to accept a secondary role, which is too bad for her and one of the several teams that could use her off the bench.

I tried to watch a little of this -- Sylvia Fowles just toys with what passes for Indiana's defense, and the Fever are awful. I've never thought much of Pokey, but I don't think anyone can win with this collection of talent.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: