RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Griner vs Cambage
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you rather have on your team ?
BG
41%
 41%  [ 21 ]
Liz Cambage
58%
 58%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 51

tfan

PostPosted: 07/17/18 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Liz 1000 times over. Not just because of todays game, but she’s better than Griner in every aspect of being a post player.

Griner seems like a better defender and rim protector. 2.9 blocks versus 1.7 per game. Let’s see Cambage get to where she can defend Fowles. So far,Teresa Plaisance has had more success defending Fowles.

Last edited by tfan on 07/17/18 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I think it’s a tie and that they’re impossible to compare. They’re so different. I’d be thrilled to have either player on my team. Liz is more physically dominant near the basket and is an underrated passer. Griner is more versatile though, especially when you’re talking about defending players in space. That’s the one thing Liz struggles with. But again, they each dominate in different ways. Putting either player on the Liberty would dramatically alter the team so I’d be just as happy with either one.

Agreed Griner is more versatile on defense but Liz is more versatile on Offense. Liz can drive to the rim from the top of the key and finish something ive NEVER seen BG do once her entire career.

Fowles can't do that either and she won MVP and FMVP last season.

That's because only BG has to do circus tricks to be considered a great player.

Never said she's not a great player. BG is transcendent player and will forever be one of the greatest centers in this league's history.

PostPosted: 07/17/18 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Liz 1000 times over. Not just because of todays game, but she’s better than Griner in every aspect of being a post player.

Cambage can’t stop Fowles. Teresa Plaisance has had more success defending Fowles.

Fowles cant stop Cambage neither .

PostPosted: 07/17/18 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Cambage can’t stop Fowles. Teresa Plaisance has had more success defending Fowles.

What about Griner on Fowles?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

What about Griner on Fowles?

Actually would be the same outcome for both . I think Fowles may be able to tame BG a bit more than Vice versa, but if BG is hitting her 15 ft turnaround jumper its lights out. BG would have won MVP last year if not for the injury and games missed lets not forget . It was more a Default win by Sylvia in my opinion only.

PostPosted: 07/17/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SCook wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I think it’s a tie and that they’re impossible to compare. They’re so different. I’d be thrilled to have either player on my team. Liz is more physically dominant near the basket and is an underrated passer. Griner is more versatile though, especially when you’re talking about defending players in space. That’s the one thing Liz struggles with. But again, they each dominate in different ways. Putting either player on the Liberty would dramatically alter the team so I’d be just as happy with either one.

Agreed Griner is more versatile on defense but Liz is more versatile on Offense. Liz can drive to the rim from the top of the key and finish something ive NEVER seen BG do once her entire career.

Fowles can't do that either and she won MVP and FMVP last season.

That's because only BG has to do circus tricks to be considered a great player.

Never said she's not a great player. BG is transcendent player and will forever be one of the greatest centers in this league's history.

That wasn't just towards you. That was toward a lot of people who have something to say about BG in general.

Do I feel like she can rebound better? Absolutely. However, for people to say her rebounding means shes not that good or overrated is pure Bogus.

Someone said, "Her numbers aren't as good as last year"..... She averaged 23 pts, 7. Something rebounds and fewer blks (granted she had more double doubles last year and did get injured so her numbers were a bit skewed) but she's still just as productive.

PostPosted: 07/17/18 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Griner seems like a better defender and rim protector. 2.9 blocks versus 1.7 per game. Let’s see Cambage get to where she can defend Fowles. So far,Teresa Plaisance has had more success defending Fowles.

You'd argue Griner defends Fowles well overall? I'm not sure I'd land on that.

The counterpoint to the blocks numbers thrown around being Cambage is a better rebounder. So perhaps instead of going for blocks she just uses her presence to alter shots and then get in rebounding position. Just playing devil's advocate there. Wink

tfan

PostPosted: 07/17/18 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

You'd argue Griner defends Fowles well overall? I'm not sure I'd land on that.

She doesn’t have to do it well, just be better than Cambage, as I was questioning whether Cambage is better than Griner “in every aspect of being a post player”.

Even if Cambage was rated a better one on one defender versus Griner, I think those long arms of Griner make her a better rim protector.

Quote:

The counterpoint to the blocks numbers thrown around being Cambage is a better rebounder. So perhaps instead of going for blocks she just uses her presence to alter shots and then get in rebounding position.

That's a good point. And it might be a defense of Griner that she if more aggressive than other centers in trying to stop the penetrators that it puts her out of position for rebounds. But Griner may also be less mobile than Cambage (and both less mobile than everyone else), even though neither is light on their feet.

Last edited by tfan on 07/17/18 11:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
hyperetic

PostPosted: 07/17/18 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I disagree with the fool part. Some might have had a personal axe to grind. Some may have merely based their opinion on her past performances and decisions. Your faith in her was inexhaustible (which panned out to be true) but based on the facts and numbers of her first go round it could have been somewhat unfounded. But there is something to be said for faith over rationalism I guess.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
I disagree with the fool part. Some might have had a personal axe to grind. Some may have merely based their opinion on her past performances and decisions. Your faith in her was inexhaustible (which panned out to be true) but based on the facts and numbers of her first go round it could have been somewhat unfounded. But there is something to be said for faith over rationalism I guess.

I do apologize for using the word fool. No hard feelings

PostPosted: 07/18/18 2:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ill take Cambage on offense and Griner on defense Cool

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
hyperetic

PostPosted: 07/18/18 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

I do apologize for using the word fool. No hard feelings

No worries. In hindsight, it could appear that way. I'm just glad my misgivings were unfounded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: